• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 Oceania winners

For the people who have had their interviews: did you provide a copy of your medical or just the originals?

Also, my interview is 23 December and my Police Certificate is from August. Do you think this is recent enough?

I just read that letter from the Sydney Consulate and it says Police Certificates are valid for 12 months so I'm guessing it will be ok. I just wonder what would happen if you were charged with an offence between getting your Police Certificate and the interview, like how would they know? Not that I'm planning to.... ;)

For the people who have had their interviews: did you provide a copy of your medical or just the originals?

Also, my interview is 23 December and my Police Certificate is from August. Do you think this is recent enough?

Hey Essey, what ever way you look at it 12 months is 12 months! You are inside 12 months!!
and Id put that planned heist on Westpac on hold;)

Your Dr will give you the original medical in a sealed envelope that you are to give the CO (they dont ask for a copy just the original)

I was sent from the SYD consulate prior to my interview a pre check list and the order they want the docs. The only reason I got it was I emailed and asked.
I posted about this on page 75 at the bottom. The pre check list attachments are posted so you can print if you choose. I know AimLK found them helpful, I sure as hell did!
Hope this helps ;):D

Last edited:
Hello all and congratulations to all those who have been successful so far. I am still a little way off knowing if I will have an interview or not, but have a couple of questions.
Did those of you who have had interviews show any proof of finances? YES, BUT WASNT ASKED FOR IT. IT IS GOOD TO GO WITH EVIDENCE THAT YOU CAN SUPPORT YOURSELF AND NOT BECOME A PUBLIC CHARGE. I THINK THEY LIKE TO SEE YOU LAND WITH $10.000 BUT I MAY BE WRONG.
Also, in terms of being asked in the interview when you plan to move to the US would it be a problem saying that I intend to activate the greencard within six months and then finish off a work contract then move to the states within a year? Or is it better to just say I will move within six months?
KEEP YOUR ANSWERS DIRECT AND SHORT. IF THEY WANT MORE INFO THEY WILL ASK. I WASNT ASKED THAT QUESTION BUT THATS NOT TOO SAY IT WONT BE ASKED.
HOPE THIS HELPS A LITTLE

Hello!

Really enjoying following the discussions on the forum! nice work guys and congrats to those with the GC in hand. :)

At the risk of flogging a dead horse, regarding the delay in the 2NL, I was wondering if anyone has concerns about this affecting higher case numbers in terms of the actual outcome of receiving an interview, like, a flow on effect from the initial delays?

I understand the frustration of earlier winners not interviewing in the actual month they went current, HOWEVER, ultimately these delays don't prevent lower CNs from getting the interview > GC.

Is it safe to assume that KCC will do everything in its power to ensure that they absorb the delay and ensure that every case number that goes current gets an interview particularly towards the pointy end of the year? ie. say number 14xx goes current in July, surely they cannot let administrative delays prevent THOSE cases from being interviewed before September?

Hope this makes sense.

Steph.

Hey Essey, what ever way you look at it 12 months is 12 months! You are inside 12 months!!
and Id put that planned heist on Westpac on hold;)

Your Dr will give you the original medical in a sealed envelope that you are to give the CO (they dont ask for a copy just the original)

I was sent from the SYD consulate prior to my interview a pre check list and the order they want the docs. The only reason I got it was I emailed and asked.
I posted about this on page 75 at the bottom. The pre check list attachments are posted so you can print if you choose. I know AimLK found them helpful, I sure as hell did!
Hope this helps ;):D
Thanks yeah, that's what I've been using - very helpful! I think I've got everything I need except the expres post envelope which I'll have to go to PO for. And Thanks @EmilyW for putting it on the dropbox site, that's exactly where I got it from! You're the best!

My medical wasn't sealed so I was able to take a sneak peek. :oops::D Nothing exciting unfortunately!

Hello!

Really enjoying following the discussions on the forum! nice work guys and congrats to those with the GC in hand. :)

At the risk of flogging a dead horse, regarding the delay in the 2NL, I was wondering if anyone has concerns about this affecting higher case numbers in terms of the actual outcome of receiving an interview, like, a flow on effect from the initial delays?

I understand the frustration of earlier winners not interviewing in the actual month they went current, HOWEVER, ultimately these delays don't prevent lower CNs from getting the interview > GC.

Is it safe to assume that KCC will do everything in its power to ensure that they absorb the delay and ensure that every case number that goes current gets an interview particularly towards the pointy end of the year? ie. say number 14xx goes current in July, surely they cannot let administrative delays prevent THOSE cases from being interviewed before September?

Hope this makes sense.

Steph.

Well if a DS260 has been submitted early enough, then there should not be a delay to that case. Of course there are always people who submit very late in the year - those cases might not get processed in time if processing times are still bad (remembering that DV2016 cases will be in the mix after May). KCC do not have an obligation to do anything outside their normal process - and in fact they are not responsible for all of the delay - so if someone submits their DS260 in August next year, they can expect to be out of luck and there will be no "rush service" to fix the problem.

Will there be a longer term impact, yes and no. In some regions (like Asia) individual embassies are the key to processing speed (Nepal embassy for example). I think Nepal embassy was the reason for AS reason to have such a lousy increase (50) in the last VB. However, I don't think that impact is to bad for OC region. Sydney is the busiest embassy and it could double interviews without much problem at all (since they only do DV on Tuesdays).

Well if a DS260 has been submitted early enough, then there should not be a delay to that case. Of course there are always people who submit very late in the year - those cases might not get processed in time if processing times are still bad (remembering that DV2016 cases will be in the mix after May). KCC do not have an obligation to do anything outside their normal process - and in fact they are not responsible for all of the delay - so if someone submits their DS260 in August next year, they can expect to be out of luck and there will be no "rush service" to fix the problem.

Will there be a longer term impact, yes and no. In some regions (like Asia) individual embassies are the key to processing speed (Nepal embassy for example). I think Nepal embassy was the reason for AS reason to have such a lousy increase (50) in the last VB. However, I don't think that impact is to bad for OC region. Sydney is the busiest embassy and it could double interviews without much problem at all (since they only do DV on Tuesdays).

As always, thanks Britsimon,

To clarify my question, it's my understanding from users on the forum that case numbers that HAVE been processed in time were still being interviewed 1-2 months after they were current. My question is then: will a case number for example, current in August thats form was submitted in time, potentially miss out because of this 1-2 month delay, if there is a flow on effect?

Or am I over thinking it?

As always, thanks Britsimon,

To clarify my question, it's my understanding from users on the forum that case numbers that HAVE been processed in time were still being interviewed 1-2 months after they were current. My question is then: will a case number for example, current in August thats form was submitted in time, potentially miss out because of this 1-2 month delay, if there is a flow on effect?

Or am I over thinking it?

Yes you are overthinking it! :D I don't think you need to worry about this - KCC will adjust the VB to make sure the embassies are not sitting idle - and they will still fill the quota. The impact (if there is one at all) will be to individual cases that were submitted very late.

Congratulations to the members who have recently attended the interviews and received their wonderful news, my best wishes in your onward journey an new life. Your experiences have been invaluable to us and it is so great you are posting your helpful hints for us all, your thoughtfulness is appreciated.

I have a question in relation to the medical. I attended the medical in Sydney (George St Medical Centre) and provided an express post bag and they informed me they would be forwarding the report directly to the consulate, within 2 days. It was my understanding, the medical report is to be taken, unopened to the interview? They were very lovely at the medical centre and even sent a photocopy of my blood test and X-ray report in the mail to me an verbally told me the report was sent in the express post bag I provided.

(One embarrassing moment… when I had to read the 'sight chart' on the wall… I started to read the fire drill instructions…oh dear!!!)

Just checking in if this is correct, is it a different procedure from one physician to another? Thanks.

Congratulations to the members who have recently attended the interviews and received their wonderful news, my best wishes in your onward journey an new life. Your experiences have been invaluable to us and it is so great you are posting your helpful hints for us all, your thoughtfulness is appreciated.

I have a question in relation to the medical. I attended the medical in Sydney (George St Medical Centre) and provided an express post bag and they informed me they would be forwarding the report directly to the consulate, within 2 days. It was my understanding, the medical report is to be taken, unopened to the interview? They were very lovely at the medical centre and even sent a photocopy of my blood test and X-ray report in the mail to me an verbally told me the report was sent in the express post bag I provided.

(One embarrassing moment… when I had to read the 'sight chart' on the wall… I started to read the fire drill instructions…oh dear!!!)

Just checking in if this is correct, is it a different procedure from one physician to another? Thanks.

Hi,

I went to the same medical centre and dont worry they sent the results straight to the consulate. You will also recieve a copy in the mail from them as well. At my interview the intervierwer asked me if I had my results and I said the medical centre sent them direct and then the interviewer walked and and located my results.

Thanks Ozimattskey, good to know, I will stop worrying. I have been on the edge of my seat since May (as I know everyone on this forum has been). The interview is only a few weeks away now and it is easy to worry about things.. I am all ready now except for the checklist.

Go for it, Jaynin. The Class of OC2015 is kicking major backside at the moment. Get that Green Card, matey!

Hi All - Just stumbled across this forum and happy I did. I'm a kiwi living in San Fran for the past 3 years on an H-1B with my wife. Getting selected for the DV-2015 was a godsend for us as the last 3 years have been the most stressful of my life dealing with visas and my wife having to give up her career to stay with me in the US. Did I see in some earlier theads that the KCC is having a delay or 1-2months? Does that mean if I submitted my DS-260 last week that I might not hear back from them until February? My visa number is available this month and I was about to buy my tickets back to NZ.

Hi All - Just stumbled across this forum and happy I did. I'm a kiwi living in San Fran for the past 3 years on an H-1B with my wife. Getting selected for the DV-2015 was a godsend for us as the last 3 years have been the most stressful of my life dealing with visas and my wife having to give up her career to stay with me in the US. Did I see in some earlier theads that the KCC is having a delay or 1-2months? Does that mean if I submitted my DS-260 last week that I might not hear back from them until February? My visa number is available this month and I was about to buy my tickets back to NZ.

Sorry to say but people are reporting up to 4 months' delay on the DS260s. We had hoped much of the backlog would be clear by now but it's not at all obvious that it is - so even Feb might be optimistic for you to have heard from them, especially as they only schedule interviews once in the monthly cycle. They would need to have processed you by very early Feb for you to receive an interview notification in Feb (which would be for April interviews).

I'm with Susie. February is a possibility but, given how long it is taking to process the DS260s, it's hard to tell.

Welcome though to our thread. Let me know your case number (ie 5xx for example) and I'll add you to our Class of OC2015.

As the others have mentioned, your processing will take a while. Getting a 2NL in February will mean an April interview.

In your case, because of this late submission and the delays, you would probably be faster if going through adjustment of Status. Why are you thinking about going home to interview?AoS has some advantages over CP anyway and if you filed nope you could be complete by February/March at the latest.

In your case, because of this late submission and the delays, you would probably be faster if going through adjustment of Status. Why are you thinking about going home to interview?AoS has some advantages over CP anyway and if you filed nope you could be complete by February/March at the latest.

1) If I go the AOS route does that mean I can avoid these delays?

To add further complication, last month I lost my job because the tech startup I was working for ran into financial troubles so I'm no longer in H-1B status. I have accepted a new offer but the processing could take 6 weeks so I'm not looking to have my H-1B back until January probably. This was the reason I couldn't do AOS when I submitted my DS-260.

2) If I have already submitted my DS-260 can I still change to AOS?