• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 Oceania winners

On airfares. I'm not sure about Aus flights but be sure to check day by day - last year we flew (from SA) to SFO leaving the night of the 25th Dec and fares were about 25% below those on the days either side, for obvious reasons. And, I need to do a week in the UK in Jan (from sfo) and luckily the days I need for some reason (leaving early Jan) were really cheap - I got a business class return for less than the usual business class one way, and again a couple of days either side would have changed the fares hugely. So it really is worth checking properly.

Yes, definitely worth checking day by day (I used to be a travel agent) and it really can vary due to booking class availability!

Hi! I've been selected for DV2015 OC. I'm an Australian, currently living in the UK.
I have five main questions for the forum:
1: With regards to police checks, I have applied for an AFP certificate for myself and my husband (who I married after the initial DV application but before my selection). Do we need the fingerprint checks version? We have both lived in various Australian states since we were 16. I applied for these without the fingerprints and have received them a few months ago. Is there also an expiry that I have to be mindful of?
2: I've received my police checks for the UK as well. Do they also have an expiry for the interview?
3: I lived in Japan for 11 months when I was 18. I have not applied for a certificate here as it's under 12 months - is that right?
4: I'm applying for a certified replacement high school certificate through the Victorian Board of Education. I don't need the same for my husband do I, as I'm the primary applicant?
5: I also have 2 tertiary degrees which I have mentioned on the application. Do I need to bring these certificates as well, or just the high school certificate which is the minimum requirement?
Thanks so much!

Hi Indiollie - I was just searching the forum for something and stumbled across this thread which mentioned someone else who had also in Japan for 11 months and DID need the police certificate! May be better to get it rather than to go through the same ordeal : http://forums.immigration.com/threads/australian-dv-visa-winners-the-process.320164/#post-2336197

No its not because I didnt do 7th form year or sit bursary.

Might be a time thing. Not entirely sure of the system back in the 80's but I sat both 6th and 7th form certs in 2001/2002 and only have university entrance shown against my 7th form year. CC1, let us know what NZQA responds in case others are in a similar situation.

Hey everyone

Just wondering if anyone else has had their interview scheduled?
My cn is 6xx. When do we find out if we actually get the interview and what month could I expect it to be in?

Thanks for any info :)

Hi Lolly, welcome to the board. I'll add you to our OC list.

I reckon you will get an interview around February - March 2014.

It might be worth you reading through this site and www.dvselectee.state.gov - there's lots of helpful information on both.

There are plenty of OCers who will be having their interviews in the coming weeks, so it would be worth you reading back a few pages to learn about their prep etc.

Last edited:
Class of OC2015

OC-ers confirmed to be US bound!

None yet but we are an optimistic crew of antipodeans

OC-ers gone current
Tonis - xx (less than CN15) - October
Josh2014 - 4X - November?
Ozimattskey - 6x - October
AimLK Husband - 7X - November
CC1 - 1xx - October
ECM - 2xx - October
Stephenau - 2xx - October
HaydenS - 3xx - October
Essey - 4xx - November
OC_EMS - 4xx - November
SuicideBlonde - 4xx - November

OC-ers waiting to go current
nzangeleyes - 5xx
Aussiegemma - 6xx
IndieLollie - 6xx
Lolly7757 - 6xx
Kiwione - 6xx
AimLK - 7xx
Deb7A - 7xx
Trifurcate - 8xx
CBDK - 9xx
EmilyW - 9xx
Zshep - 9xx
nycsteph - 13xx
Guestgulkan - 14xx
Japanaus - 14xx
Connectedspace - 15xx
Aussiecatherine - 16xx
Saltwaterlily - 163x
Kellie - 17xx
MrKiwi - 18xx
hopefulinnz - 19xx
AussieInLDN - 21xx
Codyf21 - 21xx
Abbie - 22xx

So are we all pretty sure that interviews are always Tuesdays in Sydney? Trying to figure out if it's worth risking booking a few days away between a Wednesday-Monday in Dec or Jan , we have flight credit we need to book soon!

Last edited:
Essey for what its worth my CN is about as low as you can go in the 400's and my interview is Nov 24, last Tuesday of the month.
Airfares to the US in Dec through Jan,Feb are insane and they have blacked out use of air points so no business class for this chickadee.
Looks like Ill be swimming. Just need to find where I put those damn floaties.

Hey OC_EMS are you sure you have the date right? We are Nov 25th in Sydney which is the Tuesday...don't want you to turn up on the wrong day :)

Hey OC_EMS are you sure you have the date right? We are Nov 25th in Sydney which is the Tuesday...don't want you to turn up on the wrong day :)

WHOOPS typo............ I could blame it on being a Kiwi :D or that my head is still full of snot :eek: from my cold.
Thanks for that..... yes of course the 25th. I believe I am 15 min after you guys. Can you by chance personal message me?
Cheers.

That just reminded me of years ago when I went to a boarding school. My parents booked me on a flight to go back after school break and wouldnt you know it, I was a day early. No one was there just me and a couple of grumpy arse matrons. Sad but true.

So are we all pretty sure that interviews are always Tuesdays in Sydney? Trying to figure out if it's worth risking booking a few days away between a Wednesday-Monday in Dec or Jan , we have flight credit we need to book soon!
may even look like its every last tuesday..

ive only heard of people being interviewd on 28th october and 25th november.

anyone have a different date that already has an interview?

Did you email them and ask? Theyre pretty good at advising when the 2NL will take place.
Well I got my reply back from KCC. Matt - your friend was lucky if they got actual details, all I got was this:

"Thank you for your inquiry.

Your forms have been received and pending further embassy review for the continuation of your visa processing. KCC is currently scheduling visa numbers for your region for the month of November. Please refer to the visa bulletin at www.travel.state.gov to locate the current numbers being processed. This bulletin is updated after the 15th day of each month.

Once the interview date has been scheduled, you will receive notification via email to check http://www.dvlottery.state.gov.
"

I don't know whether this is a generic response or they really ARE still scheduling interviews for November, but I guess we'll just have to wait and see (as usual).

Well I got my reply back from KCC. Matt - your friend was lucky if they got actual details, all I got was this:

Your forms have been received and pending further embassy review for the continuation of your visa processing. KCC is currently scheduling visa numbers for your region for the month of November. Please refer to the visa bulletin at www.travel.state.gov to locate the current numbers being processed. This bulletin is updated after the 15th day of each month.

Once the interview date has been scheduled, you will receive notification via email to check http://www.dvlottery.state.gov.
"

I don't know whether this is a generic response or they really ARE still scheduling interviews for November, but I guess we'll just have to wait and see (as usual).

That is a standard generic response - which is pretty much all you get from them - although they are more specific if you call them.

That is a standard generic response - which is pretty much all you get from them - although they are more specific if you call them.
That is all I expected, but Matt said his friend got more info by emailing them, so I thought it was worth a shot. I'd be curious as to what his friend's reply actually said.

That is all I expected, but Matt said his friend got more info by emailing them, so I thought it was worth a shot. I'd be curious as to what his friend's reply actually said.

I think they are being more explicit at the moment due to the delays introduced by the DS260 backlog.

Join me in Bali Blondie..........Im off for 3 weeks mid Oct. Never been there, not really a place I would visit but great prices for dental work.

Join me in Bali Blondie..........Im off for 3 weeks mid Oct. Never been there, not really a place I would visit but great prices for dental work.
Funny you mention Bali as we were considering that (not really somewhere we would go usually either).
We already have a Uluru/NT roadtrip planned mid October then fiji start of November ! Haha! Probably shouldn't take anymore trips but need to use or credit! :p

Last edited:

"

I contacted them to enquire about the status of our application and got a slightly different response:

Thank you for your inquiry.

Your forms have been received and are currently processing. Allow several weeks for processing. Interviews are scheduled numerically based on case numbers that have completed processing.

Interviews for the DV 2015 program will begin in October 2014 and conclude on September 30, 2015. KCC cannot provide information as to when an interview date may become available for your case. Appointments are scheduled numerically according to assigned case numbers. The Department of State designates how many interviews will be scheduled each month according to visa availability. You may refer to the visa bulletin at www.travel.state.gov for the list of current numbers beginning August 2014. This information is updated on the 15th day of each month thereafter.