• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 Oceania winners

Essey for what its worth my CN is about as low as you can go in the 400's and my interview is Nov 24, last Tuesday of the month.
Airfares to the US in Dec through Jan,Feb are insane and they have blacked out use of air points so no business class for this chickadee.
Looks like Ill be swimming. Just need to find where I put those damn floaties.

Oh that sucks about flights! Are you with Qantas FF? We are with Velocity /virgin and lucky there's business rewards seats from mid January onwards- fingers crossed they are still there when we come to book our flights!

Essey for what its worth my CN is about as low as you can go in the 400's and my interview is Nov 24, last Tuesday of the month.
Airfares to the US in Dec through Jan,Feb are insane and they have blacked out use of air points so no business class for this chickadee.

So Ems did KCC respond?

That sucks - luckily I have flight benefits (pilot in the family), so I'm glad I don't have to worry about that. I've emailed KCC asking when to expect a 2NL so we shall see what they say.

Unfortunately the NZQA can no longer supply the original certificates, they told me in an email the stationary is no longer in production and are saying the official transcript is currently used in its place, I really appreciate everyone's efforts in this forum, it certainly helps when great minds get together:)

My University Entrance certificate came from the NZQA and I gained that back in 1982.
The Auckland consulate told me that was fine.

We plan on fly to SFO in mid to late Jan, the fares dont seem to be to bad as we expected to pay more because it's a one way ticket. :)

So Ems did KCC respond?

I havent had the need to contact them. Ummm, not sure what you are referring to?????
If you mean re the further paper work, no I didnt contact them and have assumed I wont hear anything more until my interview.
You must be counting down the days Matt. ;) When do you plan on departing Aus?

Oh that sucks about flights! Are you with Qantas FF? We are with Velocity /virgin and lucky there's business rewards seats from mid January onwards- fingers crossed they are still there when we come to book our flights!

Yup, Qantas Schmantas! I have so many points and cant use them. I was hoping to be gone before xmas but................... by golly by gum Ill figure something out. Mind you that is if/when I am granted residency. It aint in the bag yet as Im applying with work experience. I am just trying to stay positive.

Yup, Qantas Schmantas! I have so many points and cant use them. I was hoping to be gone before xmas but................... by golly by gum Ill figure something out. Mind you that is if/when I am granted residency. It aint in the bag yet as Im applying with work experience. I am just trying to stay positive.
I'm seeing some cheap fares from Bris to Lax mid December one way! $1299 with Hawaiian up to $1541 with Qantas . Not bad ! Though will likely skyrocket if you book last minute
Could always save your points for a trip home :)

My University Entrance certificate came from the NZQA and I gained that back in 1982.
The Auckland consulate told me that was fine.
That is strange, maybe because mine is a Sixth Form Certificate, not a University Entrance Certificate? I have contacted her again this morning regarding this, Thanks:)

I havent had the need to contact them. Ummm, not sure what you are referring to?????
If you mean re the further paper work, no I didnt contact them and have assumed I wont hear anything more until my interview.
You must be counting down the days Matt. ;) When do you plan on departing Aus?

Referring to the below? Is this oyu?

OC_EMS said: ↑

Hey Matt,

Has the consulate or anyone mailed you any info as in forms etc since you received your 2NL notification?
You are attending the SYD consulate correct?

Hi EMS,

Yes I'm in Sydney. No the only email I recieved was from state gov telling me to check when my interview was.

Cheers,

Matt

ozimattskey,Yesterday at 9:12 AMEditDeleteReport

Reply Share

Referring to the below? Is this oyu?

OC_EMS said: ↑

Hey Matt,

Has the consulate or anyone mailed you any info as in forms etc since you received your 2NL notification?
You are attending the SYD consulate correct?

Hi EMS,

Yes I'm in Sydney. No the only email I recieved was from state gov telling me to check when my interview was.

Cheers,

Matt

ozimattskey,Yesterday at 9:12 AMEditDeleteReport

Reply Share

Yeah yeah gotcha. No Matt I didnt bother. It seemed to be the general consensus on the forum that the Syd interviewees wont receive anything more.
I figured if more was to come you would have received something by now with your interview looming. For some reason people attending interviews in NZ are receiving further instructions in the mail.
Thanks for checking back. :)

That is strange, maybe because mine is a Sixth Form Certificate, not a University Entrance Certificate? I have contacted her again this morning regarding this, Thanks:)

This link might help, it explains the differencies between the different certificates and scoring details. It also contains the form to fill in to get a Certified Statement of National School Qualifications Results, which will surffice.

Yeah yeah gotcha. No Matt I didnt bother. It seemed to be the general consensus on the forum that the Syd interviewees wont receive anything more.
I figured if more was to come you would have received something by now with your interview looming. For some reason people attending interviews in NZ are receiving further instructions in the mail.
Thanks for checking back. :)

Thanks because New Zealanders are a little slow.

The university entrance cert is what you receive after completion of 7th form bursary. If you have completed up to 6th form you wouldn't have received it.

The university entrance cert is what you receive after completion of 7th form bursary. If you have completed up to 6th form you wouldn't have received it.

No its not because I didnt do 7th form year or sit bursary.

On airfares. I'm not sure about Aus flights but be sure to check day by day - last year we flew (from SA) to SFO leaving the night of the 25th Dec and fares were about 25% below those on the days either side, for obvious reasons. And, I need to do a week in the UK in Jan (from sfo) and luckily the days I need for some reason (leaving early Jan) were really cheap - I got a business class return for less than the usual business class one way, and again a couple of days either side would have changed the fares hugely. So it really is worth checking properly.