• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 Oceania winners

Hey Matt,

Has the consulate or anyone mailed you any info as in forms etc since you received your 2NL notification?
You are attending the SYD consulate correct?

Hi EMS,

Yes I'm in Sydney. No the only email I recieved was from state gov telling me to check when my interview was.

Cheers,

Matt

Hi EMS,

Yes I'm in Sydney. No the only email I recieved was from state gov telling me to check when my interview was.

Cheers,

Matt
Thanks Matt!
Best of luck for your interview.......... not long now. Look forward to hearing how it all goes.

Thanks Matt!
Best of luck for your interview.......... not long now. Look forward to hearing how it all goes.

Thanks Ems. Just need to do the medical and Ive got all the rest of my docs sorted. I'm ok with everything now and feeling confident Ill be fine come intevriew time. Ill definitely post how the interview goes on the 28th, just cant wait to get it over with.

I'm starting to get depressed about the 2NL situation. Based on what people are saying, it looks like no more are being sent for November interviews. I got pretty excited when my number went current and knew I'd submitted my DS260 pretty early on (25 May) so I was definitely expecting a November interview. Just when we think we're on track for a good year in terms of numbers, this starts happening. I really hope they get back on track, but given it looks like Sydney only does one day a month, I'm not sure how many people they can actually process if there's a backlog...

I'm starting to get depressed about the 2NL situation. Based on what people are saying, it looks like no more are being sent for November interviews. I got pretty excited when my number went current and knew I'd submitted my DS260 pretty early on (25 May) so I was definitely expecting a November interview. Just when we think we're on track for a good year in terms of numbers, this starts happening. I really hope they get back on track, but given it looks like Sydney only does one day a month, I'm not sure how many people they can actually process if there's a backlog...

Did you email them and ask? Theyre pretty good at advising when the 2NL will take place.

Did you email them and ask? Theyre pretty good at advising when the 2NL will take place.

Email KCC or the Sydney consulate? No, I haven't. I thought about waiting a couple of weeks calling KCC to check all was good with my DS260. I wasn't sure whether an email asking about 2NLs would be very helpful but I will do so if you think it'll help.

Email KCC or the Sydney consulate? No, I haven't. I thought about waiting a couple of weeks calling KCC to check all was good with my DS260. I wasn't sure whether an email asking about 2NLs would be very helpful but I will do so if you think it'll help.[/QUOTE

Email KCC. I know of someone who emailed and KCC then advised them of the date in which they should recieve the 2NL, worth a shot, least theyll know youre keen.

Sorry did you post a reply? I can't see it, just the quoted text from my post.

Sorry.

Email KCC. I know of someone who emailed and KCC then advised them of the date in which they should recieve the 2NL, worth a shot, least theyll know youre keen.

Look, you are connecting the dots and coming up with some wrong picture of what is happening....

• First of all, you are reading too much into the "high" number that OC started with. A similar thing happened in 2014 - so a high start doesn't predict a fast year.
  • Second, the backlog is nothing. The whole of OC will see just a few hundred interviews this whole year. That is spread among multiple embassies. The Sydney schedule of interviews on Tuesdays is NOT a limitation, it is a sensible and suffiennt supply of interview time. If they needed to, they could of course do a few more appointments - but Sydney will probably see around 25 cases a month - each one taking between 2 minutes and 10 minutes. So - a backlog is irrelevent.
  • Third and last, the limiting factor in OC is visa quota. KCC went frustratingly slow with OC in 2014 - BUT they still managed to fill the quota with a whole month of inactivity.

So - stop stressing about the backlog. Really.

Look, you are connecting the dots and coming up with some wrong picture of what is happening....

• First of all, you are reading too much into the "high" number that OC started with. A similar thing happened in 2014 - so a high start doesn't predict a fast year.
  • Second, the backlog is nothing. The whole of OC will see just a few hundred interviews this whole year. That is spread among multiple embassies. The Sydney schedule of interviews on Tuesdays is NOT a limitation, it is a sensible and suffiennt supply of interview time. If they needed to, they could of course do a few more appointments - but Sydney will probably see around 25 cases a month - each one taking between 2 minutes and 10 minutes. So - a backlog is irrelevent.
  • Third and last, the limiting factor in OC is visa quota. KCC went frustratingly slow with OC in 2014 - BUT they still managed to fill the quota with a whole month of inactivity.

So - stop stressing about the backlog. Really.

All your points are very valid Simon. Although I am still a bit down (stressing might not be the best word) because people are already not getting their 2NL for the month they went current in (including probably me). Maybe a month isn't that big a deal but I guess for me after finally getting towards the pointy end of the process, it just seems like it's just one more thing. Kind of a straw breaking the camel's back situation.:confused:

All your points are very valid Simon. Although I am still a bit down (stressing might not be the best word) because people are already not getting their 2NL for the month they went current in (including probably me). Maybe a month isn't that big a deal but I guess for me after finally getting towards the pointy end of the process, it just seems like it's just one more thing. Kind of a straw breaking the camel's back situation.:confused:

Yep I hear you - but as you say, it is a month impact to you - and it is not likely to affect the overall process. Try not to let this delay sour your experience. You are very fortunate to have won, not just once but twice and the second time with a dead cert number - so - be happy.

Yep I hear you - but as you say, it is a month impact to you - and it is not likely to affect the overall process. Try not to let this delay sour your experience. You are very fortunate to have won, not just once but twice and the second time with a dead cert number - so - be happy.
Yes, and I was always originally expecting a December interview so I will be looking at the big picture. I just don't understand why, if all you say is true about Sydney being able to handle the number of monthly cases, why they are delaying current numbers.

Plus, you're not one of the ones who has to have a nailbiting wait till July 2015 to find out if you'll even interview...
This is nothing compared to the stress of actually packing up your life and moving it to another country, by the way. Maybe you should learn some stress relaxation techniques!!!

Yes, and I was always originally expecting a December interview so I will be looking at the big picture. I just don't understand why, if all you say is true about Sydney being able to handle the number of monthly cases, why they are delaying current numbers.

The current delays are nothing to do with Sydney - they are to do with KCC dealing with around 70,000 applications on a new non paper based system that all flooded in during the first few weeks of the year. This has happened before on the paper based system, but this year they started 3 weeks later and they may have not learned how to filter through the applications yet.

Plus, you're not one of the ones who has to have a nailbiting wait till July 2015 to find out if you'll even interview...
This is nothing compared to the stress of actually packing up your life and moving it to another country, by the way. Maybe you should learn some stress relaxation techniques!!!
Well I went through that in the 2014 lottery and came out empty handed, so I'm all too familiar with how that feels. I'm not really stressed about the situation, just a little bit disappointed and confused I guess.

When I was originally selected in 2014 and before we realised it was going to be such a train wreck, I started mentally preparing for the move long ago so I'm absolutely not concerned about the packing up and leaving part. I've been culling my 'stuff' for the last year and I'm in the lucky position of having someone on the other side in the US to organise everything from that end and I've already got potential tenants lined up for my place next year so it's all systems go (except for the 2NL, that is).

Simon - that makes sense. Hopefully they get the application processing sorted as the DV progresses as those current in the last few months won't have the luxury of waiting another month.

In through your nose..............
out through your mouth Grasshopper

Essey for what its worth my CN is about as low as you can go in the 400's and my interview is Nov 24, last Tuesday of the month.
Airfares to the US in Dec through Jan,Feb are insane and they have blacked out use of air points so no business class for this chickadee.
Looks like Ill be swimming. Just need to find where I put those damn floaties.

Last edited:
I do agree you should go to the interview - but do all you can to get your certificates etc.

To explain what I was saying earlier in another way, in the USA you can attend school for 12 years and not graduate. Some people might be held back a year or two during their education (meaning they do 13/14 years of school) and then still not graduate. If they don't graduate they cannot go on to college - and that is because they didn't complete High School - meaning they didn't successfully complete High School.

I've been looking for the "old" standards but haven't found them yet.
Unfortunately the NZQA can no longer supply the original certificates, they told me in an email the stationary is no longer in production and are saying the official transcript is currently used in its place, I really appreciate everyone's efforts in this forum, it certainly helps when great minds get together:)