• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 Oceania winners

I just received notification to check my Entry Status Request. My interview is scheduled for 8:00am on 21 October in Sydney. Wow, this is getting exciting now!

P.S - When I tried logging in to check the notification on the DV Lottery Site on my iPad, it said I was not selected for further processing this year. I had a mini panic attack and tried logging in on my laptop and the same msg came up. Third time logging in was successful and it had my interview date. Not sure why there were errors but just letting you all know in case it happens to you as well.

I wonder how many selectees see that message and then give up. Must be a lot of missed opportunities if this is a common issue

I have re-read the Education extract and I don't know if I'm over analysing but I finished High School in NZ in 1985, I have a study certificate saying I studied at High School dates 1981-December 1985 and also from my Primary school but my Sixth Form Certificate Examination Certificate's in 1984/85 just say I gained results it doesn't say I gained results that certified me to go to University, after reading ( sufficient in itself to qualify a student to apply for college admission) in the preparing documents section of the visa papers I am now confused whether I have gained the results that is required, any help would be appricated:)

I have re-read the Education extract and I don't know if I'm over analysing but I finished High School in NZ in 1985, I have a study certificate saying I studied at High School dates 1981-December 1985 and also from my Primary school but my Sixth Form Certificate Examination Certificate's in 1984/85 just say I gained results it doesn't say I gained results that certified me to go to University, after reading ( sufficient in itself to qualify a student to apply for college admission) in the preparing documents section of the visa papers I am now confused whether I have gained the results that is required, any help would be appricated:)

You dont need something that says you gained a result to go to uni but just something of the equivalent

High School Education: A high school education means successful completion of a formal course of elementary and secondary education comparable to completion of a 12-year course in the United States.

You dont need something that says you gained a result to go to uni but just something of the equivalent

High School Education: A high school education means successful completion of a formal course of elementary and secondary education comparable to completion of a 12-year course in the United States.
OK, so I don't need to show them any University entrance certificate just my Sixth form Certificates from NZQA is that correct? I completed 12 years of High School but my results gained were not enough to get me into University straight away, In NZ you can go to Uni as soon as you turn 21:)

OK, so I don't need to show them any University entrance certificate just my Sixth form Certificates from NZQA is that correct? I completed 12 years of High School but my results gained were not enough to get me into University straight away, In NZ you can go to Uni as soon as you turn 21:)

Nope don't need anything with uni entrance resultd

Below is what it says on the NZ emassy site.

You must earn some sort of 6th form completion certificate I imagine. In the UK for instance you could attend school for the right amount of time but if you failed the final exams at A level and didnt retake them you would not be eligible to enter Uni and therefor you could not qualify for DV. The systems vary from country to country so the requirement varies also.

http://newzealand.usembassy.gov/dv_lottery.html

Who is eligible?

Conditions of entry are subject to change each year, therefore Consular Posts are unable to provide detailed information, or accept applications.

To be eligible to enter, the applicant must have completed a minimum of twelve years education including four years of high school which must be the equivalent of a U.S. High School diploma (e.g. completion of 6th Form/year 12 in New Zealand or Australia) or qualify under Grade 7 employment standards as set by the U.S. Department of Labor on the O*Net OnLine database. Eligibility for the lottery is determined by the country of birth, and some countries are excluded from participation. Please refer to the annual instructions for more information on eligibility.

Not sure if this helps, but I contacted NZQA a few months ago about obtaining copies of certificates, luckily I actually found all the originals however they should be able to provide you copies, which I guess you would need to get verified or contact the embassy to see what they require as they aren't original.

"Please find a link below for an application that will need to be filled in and returned to NZQA by fax to 04 463 3115, scanned and sent by email back to this address or alternatively by post to the address on the application."

http://www.nzqa.govt.nz/assets/qualifications-and-standards/qualifications/ncea/pastquals.doc

Not sure if this helps, but I contacted NZQA a few months ago about obtaining copies of certificates, luckily I actually found all the originals however they should be able to provide you copies, which I guess you would need to get verified or contact the embassy to see what they require as they aren't original.

"Please find a link below for an application that will need to be filled in and returned to NZQA by fax to 04 463 3115, scanned and sent by email back to this address or alternatively by post to the address on the application."

http://www.nzqa.govt.nz/assets/qualifications-and-standards/qualifications/ncea/pastquals.doc

I also applied for the form that Cody attached above. Pretty pricey for a piece of paper that doesn't say much but it shows that I completed high school up to 7th form

I also applied for the form that Cody attached above. Pretty pricey for a piece of paper that doesn't say much but it shows that I completed high school up to 7th form
Yeah its a bit pricey, however my Australian records are costing me more, Police report $100 +$55 for finger printing, and $20 for a Queensland driving history, all pieces of paper that say no records :)

Yeah its a bit pricey, however my Australian records are costing me more, Police report $100 +$55 for finger printing, and $20 for a Queensland driving history, all pieces of paper that say no records :)
Hi Cody, thanks for the above, I didn't realise I needed to also get a driving history, I have lived in Qld for 20 years so do I get his from the Queensland Motor division?

For the finger printing part of the police report, how do I go about this? I was going to do the online police report, now I'm wondering if I should just go down to the police station and sort it with them:)

I did two years of sixth form, so I am hoping that is enough, it was so long ago, I can't remember what the numbers next to the subjects even meant, I think it was a 1-9 system?

Hi Cody, thanks for the above, I didn't realise I needed to also get a driving history, I have lived in Qld for 20 years so do I get his from the Queensland Motor division?
Sorry I actually needed that for a Canadian visa application, you don't need that for the DV.

Below is what it says on the NZ emassy site.

You must earn some sort of 6th form completion certificate I imagine. In the UK for instance you could attend school for the right amount of time but if you failed the final exams at A level and didnt retake them you would not be eligible to enter Uni and therefor you could not qualify for DV. The systems vary from country to country so the requirement varies also.

http://newzealand.usembassy.gov/dv_lottery.html

Who is eligible?

Conditions of entry are subject to change each year, therefore Consular Posts are unable to provide detailed information, or accept applications.

To be eligible to enter, the applicant must have completed a minimum of twelve years education including four years of high school which must be the equivalent of a U.S. High School diploma (e.g. completion of 6th Form/year 12 in New Zealand or Australia) or qualify under Grade 7 employment standards as set by the U.S. Department of Labor on the O*Net OnLine database. Eligibility for the lottery is determined by the country of birth, and some countries are excluded from participation. Please refer to the annual instructions for more information on eligibility.
Sorry I actually needed that for a Canadian visa application, you don't need that for the DV.
OK, you off to Canada also?

OK, you off to Canada also?
I have a very high case number, so getting called for a interview is pretty unlikely going off DV2014, while I hold out hope US is very much has to be a plan B, so I am gathering this information for US and Canada, and if I don't get called then probably go sit on a beach somewhere for a few months lol

Not sure about the NZers, but if you are just an Aussie who needs a Police certificate, I have just been re-reading the DV2014 thread and there are posts from people who successfully interviewed in DV2014 who did NOT get the fingerprint part, just the police clearance who said it was all fine. If you read the requirements, it says:

"The applicant must submit police certificates that meet the following guidelines. The police certificate must:
  • Cover the entire period of the applicant's residence in that area.
  • Be issued by the appropriate police authority.
  • Include all arrests, the reason for the arrest(s), and the disposition of each case of which there is a record."
Nowhere does it say that fingerprints are required. It is my belief that as long as this information is covered in the Police cert, you don't need to do the fingerprints and I will not be getting them for my interview. If it makes you feel better to get them though, it can't hurt. :D

Not sure about the NZers, but if you are just an Aussie who needs a Police certificate, I have just been re-reading the DV2014 thread and there are posts from people who successfully interviewed in DV2014 who did NOT get the fingerprint part, just the police clearance who said it was all fine. If you read the requirements, it says:

"The applicant must submit police certificates that meet the following guidelines. The police certificate must:
  • Cover the entire period of the applicant's residence in that area.

Yeah I agree no way am I getting fingerpints for another $100, just seems silly to get them as nowhere on the dvseletcee site does it say you require a fingerprint check.
  • Be issued by the appropriate police authority.
  • Include all arrests, the reason for the arrest(s), and the disposition of each case of which there is a record."
Nowhere does it say that fingerprints are required. It is my belief that as long as this information is covered in the Police cert, you don't need to do the fingerprints and I will not be getting them for my interview. If it makes you feel better to get them though, it can't hurt. :D