• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 Oceania winners

Yeah I am another Kiwi girl. I am not especially hopefully we will actually get an interview though. We have just applied for our Canadian visa, so fingers crossed that will go smoothly. And even better would be if the VBs make me think I should change my interview place to Toronto.

Yeah I am another Kiwi girl. I am not especially hopefully we will actually get an interview though. We have just applied for our Canadian visa, so fingers crossed that will go smoothly. And even better would be if the VBs make me think I should change my interview place to Toronto.

You can't interview in Toronto, only Montreal.

Yes CC1, there are a few of us Kiwi girls heading over this year.
We plan on living in Tracy, Northern California, as my hubby has a job as Production Manager for a packing company there. His salary will be exactly the same as he gets in Aussie.
I think the cost of living in California is higher than most States, so I guess it all balances out.

We’ve spent all our vacation time, over the past 5 years travelling the US. We also have a US based Hot Rod, which was built there and which we use when we’re there on vacation, travelling between shows as well as doing tourist stuff. Thank goodness for Long Service Leave! But we’ll have to get used to 1-2 weeks leave now.

This might be a nice comparison site for budgeting...

http://www.numbeo.com/cost-of-livin...ry2=Australia&city1=San+Jose,+CA&city2=Sydney

Interesting thing about you having a hot rod. I am dealing with a builder to sell me some land next door to his house. He proudly showed me the cars in his 13 garages attached to his house. Very nice indeed - and seems to be a "thing" with my future neighbors. The other neighbor has a house with a triple garage, but then has another two large double garages built alongside his house - again housing a nice collection of cars. I might have to get a hot rod just to keep up with the neighbors!

This might be a nice comparison site for budgeting...

http://www.numbeo.com/cost-of-livin...ry2=Australia&city1=San+Jose,+CA&city2=Sydney

Interesting thing about you having a hot rod. I am dealing with a builder to sell me some land next door to his house. He proudly showed me the cars in his 13 garages attached to his house. Very nice indeed - and seems to be a "thing" with my future neighbors. The other neighbor has a house with a triple garage, but then has another two large double garages built alongside his house - again housing a nice collection of cars. I might have to get a hot rod just to keep up with the neighbors!

Haha, California is where hot rodding started and there wouldnt be a day goes by when you wouldnt see one driving around somewhere over there. Good Guys have a large car show at Pleasanton, this weekend I think, you should go along and take a look. California is heaven for car lovers! :)

My hubby was saying the same thing the other night, with him working shifts here in Auz as a mental health nurse they get an extra week per calendar year so his 5 weeks of Annual leave will drop to 2, apart from that he is looking forward to living the dream, we love adventure and it will surely be one, for us it's about the cost of living, we do live well in Auzzie but things have gotten way out of hand lately, it has become a case of work to live not the other way around, so looking forward to cheaper housing and having some spare time to spend together:)) My hubby's friend import American Cars to the gold coast, he loves his hot rods too:)

If we are lucky enough to get through, we will be settling in Charlotte, North Carolina. Good job opportunities for me (I'm an auditor by trade), nice schools and easy lifestyle.

Police check certificates are valid for 12 months.

Re the finger print check, DV2014 thread found out that if your name has changed you will need to get the finger print check - I have married and changed my name so I will be doing this just to be sure. Hubby will do the name only check.

The National Police Clearance covers all names, both current and previous. There is no need to get a finger print check.

Just for those Kiwis who got selected and are going to enter under Education. You can contact the NZQA and request your NSN (National Student Number) and then you can set up a online account and access all your papers, grades etc. If you need copies of certificates you can then order them online, I am not sure if a copy is enough as US Consulate is pretty strict on originals but you could then get it verified. I was able to go back to 1997 and see all my grades, papers etc so its a handy tool if you cant source your original certificates and just need to prove you completed 6th form.

Same boat as me 21xx and my gf 22xx, so ill keep a eye on the VB's and fingers crossed. I got a application into the Canadian embassy in Sydney at moment and my gf can get a working holiday visa, so Plan A is very much Canada. If somehow did get a Green Card it be Chicago or Virginia for me.

Same boat as me 21xx and my gf 22xx, so ill keep a eye on the VB's and fingers crossed. I got a application into the Canadian embassy in Sydney at moment and my gf can get a working holiday visa, so Plan A is very much Canada. If somehow did get a Green Card it be Chicago or Virginia for me.
Why Virginia, I have heard people love Virginia but I have never been there, I would love to travel there to have a look next time we are in the USA:)

Just for those Kiwis who got selected and are going to enter under Education. You can contact the NZQA and request your NSN (National Student Number) and then you can set up a online account and access all your papers, grades etc. If you need copies of certificates you can then order them online, I am not sure if a copy is enough as US Consulate is pretty strict on originals but you could then get it verified. I was able to go back to 1997 and see all my grades, papers etc so its a handy tool if you cant source your original certificates and just need to prove you completed 6th form.
I have requested my certificates which arrived but how do I know if the consulate will accept these, they are just copies sent by them, what do you mean by verify who verify's them?

I have requested my certificates which arrived but how do I know if the consulate will accept these, they are just copies sent by them, what do you mean by verify who verify's them?
It would be best to ask that to the consultate that your applying with, or maybe ask with the NZQA if someone can certify them for immigration.

The National Police Clearance covers all names, both current and previous. There is no need to get a finger print check.

Thanks Nzangeleyes, I wasn't 100% sure if I had to do the fingerprint check.

I've sent an email to the Consulate in Auckland asking this very question, and will let you know what they say.

I've sent an email to the Consulate in Auckland asking this very question, and will let you know what they say.
Thanks so much, I have paperwork up to my eyeballs, like everyone else, I just read the verify question and thought ( haven't done this), any info would be much appreciated:)

where abouts are looking in Canada ? We are going to Ontario. If it all goes ahead and our Visa's get approved, then we will be out of here before Christmas, Christmas in California with Family, then over to Utah to visit good friends, and then fly to Toronto from there.
Just in time to freeze our toes off LOL

where abouts are looking in Canada ? We are going to Ontario. If it all goes ahead and our Visa's get approved, then we will be out of here before Christmas, Christmas in California with Family, then over to Utah to visit good friends, and then fly to Toronto from there.
Just in time to freeze our toes off LOL
Will be Toronto for me, I am going to stay in NZ till I understand what is happening with the Green Card. I hope to get some form of work transfer but it might be difficult but still easier than the US. I visited Toronto in Summer 2012 and it was such a cool city, I know winter is rough but its all part of it.

Thanks so much, I have paperwork up to my eyeballs, like everyone else, I just read the verify question and thought ( haven't done this), any info would be much appreciated:)

The Auckland consulate have just replied regarding copies of qualifications - "Yes, a document from NZQA will be fine."
They also said "When KCC advises us of cases for a specific month, we mail out an instruction letter and medical forms to each applicant.
This should be about 6 weeks prior to the appointment date. However we haven’t received notification of any October cases yet."
We're all good to go now! Bring it on.........can't wait!!!!

The Auckland consulate have just replied regarding copies of qualifications - "Yes, a document from NZQA will be fine."
They also said "When KCC advises us of cases for a specific month, we mail out an instruction letter and medical forms to each applicant.
This should be about 6 weeks prior to the appointment date. However we haven’t received notification of any October cases yet."
Awesome :) I have found the Auckland consulate really helpful, they reply within a couple of days and even emailed me the Police check forms and medical forms with their reply. I mean you cant have to many Kiwis in the US!!!!

That's great news, I wonder if they mail out the instruction letter etc to those that live in Auzzie, I hope so:)) Thanks again for the info :) All we need to arrange now are jobs:))