• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 Oceania winners

@SusieQQQ - I love books too and the hardest thing for me was to decide to not take them with us. I donated them all to charity. I have a kindle full of books but no physical books.
We decided we will travel light and are only taking the 4 suitcases the airline allows.:confused:

We were bringing stuff anyway..and I am emotionally attached to some of those..I also have a bunch signed by the authors, including a Nobel prize winner etc... Plus the perennial, kids wanted their favorite books to come with..so we donated some to charity but kept most.

Hey Guys,

Just thought Id share my POE activation experience at LAX last tuesday. Flight from sydney was smooth, The lineup at the visitors section was huge, took about an hour to get to the front where they advise me to head down to the furthest desk. I was met by a man who took my passport, then my fingerprints. I sat for about 5 minutes, didnt get asked one question as he left, then he returned with my passport and said welcome to the USA. Soooo easy.

All the best to the remaining class of 2015.

Cheers

Matt

You can't read a book a month?! :eek::p
J/k... Each to their own... I think our family each go through a book every couple of days :D about half our container was books :oops:

Ouch! :) but really I'm a voracious reader, however there are so many books for free it's not necessary to buy many and I have so many credit/debit cards to keep active it gets expensive very quickly.

Nowadays I've gone completely kindle. Awesome for travelling. An entire library only 250 grams.

Ouch! :) but really I'm a voracious reader, however there are so many books for free it's not necessary to buy many and I have so many credit/debit cards to keep active it gets expensive very quickly.

Nowadays I've gone completely kindle. Awesome for travelling. An entire library only 250 grams.

I use kindle for my "airport novels" etc while travelling. But for a tactile book lover, ultimately very unsatisfying!!
One of my best friends hates kindles - because he likes using bookshelves to size people up :D

2 interview Q's: - 1. family docs / 2. interview q's to PA

Hi all, Firstly, I noticed on the doc checlist for dependents, (myself and the kids / as wife is PA), there does not appear any check box for education and employment. Has anyone's spouse included a brief resume or photocopy of quals etc? were these looked at - any feedback? does this help or is it clutter? Secondly, can people list a few q's that were asked at the interview for (a) PA, and (b) spouse/kids?

Martin (dependent spouse who didn't get a PA number, lol). Sydney. / Lucky wife Cris 2015....10xx

2 interview Q's: - 1. family docs / 2. interview q's to PA

Hi all, Firstly, I noticed on the doc checlist for dependents, (myself and the kids / as wife is PA), there does not appear any check box for education and employment. Has anyone's spouse included a brief resume or photocopy of quals etc? were these looked at - any feedback? does this help or is it clutter? Secondly, can people list a few q's that were asked at the interview for (a) PA, and (b) spouse/kids?

Martin (dependent spouse who didn't get a PA number, lol). Sydney. / Lucky wife Cris 2015....10xx

Educational/employment documents are not required from ALL the derivatives that's why there's no check box listed for the spouse and/or kids.

Thanks mom! btw - what Q's were you asked at the interview?

Unfortunately, the questions I got asked wouldn't be of any relevance to you as I did not go through an embassy in OC or process CP as a matter of fact. However if you scroll back a couple of pages, you should be able to find some interview experiences/questions from people who recently completed the process.

@martinskypemartin, I agree with @Sm1smom, most of those who have had the interview have documented their interview experience in this thread. It's just a matter of looking for them.

And re the documents, it's important - from those who have gone to interview - to just give them what they ask for on the checklist. Nothing more. When they check the documents, they only want to see what is on the checklist.

Having said that, while I have four near piles of documents and the checklist on each, I have another file with ancillary information like degrees, financial information, CVs etc. If they don't ask, that file doesn't get used. But if they do ask, I have the documents ready for them to see, complete with copies.

@martinskypemartin, I agree with @Sm1smom, most of those who have had the interview have documented their interview experience in this thread. It's just a matter of looking for them.

And re the documents, it's important - from those who have gone to interview - to just give them what they ask for on the checklist. Nothing more. When they check the documents, they only want to see what is on the checklist.

Having said that, while I have four near piles of documents and the checklist on each, I have another file with ancillary information like degrees, financial information, CVs etc. If they don't ask, that file doesn't get used. But if they do ask, I have the documents ready for them to see, complete with copies.
Exactly! It only takes up more time if you hand over a bunch of stuff not on the checklist, even if you somehow think it's important. They just get annoyed because they have to sort through it and give it back to you. If they want or need anything else, they'll ask for it specifically.

I think everyone who has been through interviews on here has reported their experience regarding questions asked. The questions seem to be similar but vary depending on the interviewer and which month you interview it seems. Check through the thread and you'll be able find them all @martinskypemartin. A common one is why do you want to live in the USA.

Ps can someone predict the statistical breakdown by foreign-state chargeability of those registered for the DV-2016 program:
2016 visa allocations to applicants from these countries please, thank you.
New Zealand
Australia
Fiji
Brit?

Good Luck for Tuesday Emily.