• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 Oceania winners

Just a little update.

We opened our bank accounts the other day without an issue. We then went to open secured credit cards however after a bit of discussion with the bank lender and our situation we waited on them
Until we got our SSN. Once we have that we will send the number to her and she will set up our secured card. We have already deposited money into our bank account so it is just a matter of taking it out of there. When we get our socials. She said it was easier this way as she doesn't think our spending would get put towards our credit score or back dated before we had our SSN in place. We have to go to the SSA again tomorrow to confirm that they did get it processed when our visa got issued.

Sounds like a good result - best of both worlds...

Can anyone confirm exactly what documentation is required for a NZ applicant regarding "Education" and exactly what this should look like?

I have official letters and original certificate from NZQA confirming that I entered, and qualified for, University Entrance.... But is that all that's required? No other proof of education (eg. from Primary/Intermediate/High school)? And will my actual University degree really be of no use?

It is possible to enter uni without the required education, so, whilst some have been approved just with university degrees, it is wise to take proof of the education you undertook up to secondary level - I.e. That education that qualified you to get the certificate you mention.

Can anyone confirm exactly what documentation is required for a NZ applicant regarding "Education" and exactly what this should look like?

I have official letters and original certificate from NZQA confirming that I entered, and qualified for, University Entrance.... But is that all that's required? No other proof of education (eg. from Primary/Intermediate/High school)? And will my actual University degree really be of no use?
Yep the letter from Anzac is all they require :)

Yep the letter from Anzac is all they require :)

IF NCQA is like a "GED" then it isn't "all they require". I know my statements above might sound strange but there is a difference between what is normally accepted and what is the actual standard. So - without knowing the NZQA thing - is that to certificate that is awarded as a result of elementary and seconbdary education, or is it a certificate that is optional, and required if someone wants to enter University?

It's funny, when I envisioned my day, it went almost exactly as I'd imagined (except I didn't expect the picking up guys in bars bit). This whole ride has been a fairytale and if you read a book about it you would think it a little bit too soap operaish and a little too far fetched. But there you go. You want it, dream it. Amazing.

I am very excited to see how all of the other OCers go now. I am sure they will all be successful too

Great start to the next chapter of your life! Suppose your POE experience is better than having any delays and problems even if anti climactic. Funny getting picked up in the bar! Enjoy yourself for whatever you have planned next.

Use your secured card to buy a book on Amazon each month - $10. Setup the B of A account to automatically pay the CC bill in full each month.

I keep my american credit cards active using this trick. However I normally buy myself a $1 gift card, send it to myself by email then immediately deposit it. I can't read that many books!

I keep my american credit cards active using this trick. However I normally buy myself a $1 gift card, send it to myself by email then immediately deposit it. I can't read that many books!

If you get bored with the gift cards you can send me a book each month :p

You can't read a book a month?! :eek::p
J/k... Each to their own... I think our family each go through a book every couple of days :D about half our container was books :oops:

You can't read a book a month?! :eek::p
J/k... Each to their own... I think our family each go through a book every couple of days :D about half our container was books :oops:
SusieQQQ, I'm a book worm, so I can understand! I read at least a book a week.

Hi there, someone here had asked about which order or what documents to compile when going for an interview. I had made a note of this awhile ago when someone else had posted this on this forum ( think).

to apply via work experience:
- 3 x Contracts spanning over 6 years with job description + cover emails
- original photo ID card issued by employer
- 2 x statements of employment with job duties listed.
- random bank statements 1 from each job showing salary deposits from employer
- current bank statement
- Certificates with national training recognition.
- technical drawings pertaining to my work
- photos showing me at work
- My resume

I found this on this forum somewhere and had made a note of it- This is for that person who was asking earlier on the organisation of records for the interview.

The must have docs will be:-
1NL and 2NL letters
Principal selectee birth certs
Principal selectee Education docs (or work experience file)
Marriage docs
Birth certs for derivatives
Passports for all
Police certs as needed
Medical for all.
Then you have the supporting documents:-
Financial papers
Divorce papers
Spouse education
and so on.

you have your originals and copies underneath of each original (I think)

Hi there, someone here had asked about which order or what documents to compile when going for an interview. I had made a note of this awhile ago when someone else had posted this on this forum ( think).

to apply via work experience:
- 3 x Contracts spanning over 6 years with job description + cover emails
- original photo ID card issued by employer
- 2 x statements of employment with job duties listed.
- random bank statements 1 from each job showing salary deposits from employer
- current bank statement
- Certificates with national training recognition.
- technical drawings pertaining to my work
- photos showing me at work
- My resume

I really hope you win in DV2016 Maisy because you have prepared better than most actual selectees!!!

@SusieQQQ - I love books too and the hardest thing for me was to decide to not take them with us. I donated them all to charity. I have a kindle full of books but no physical books.
We decided we will travel light and are only taking the 4 suitcases the airline allows.:confused:

I really hope you win in DV2016 Maisy because you have prepared better than most actual selectees!!!
Thanks .Time will tell Brit, I hope so too.
@SusieQQQ - I love books too and the hardest thing for me was to decide to not take them with us. I donated them all to charity. I have a kindle full of books but no physical book
We decided we will travel light and are only taking the 4 suitcases the airline allows.:confused:
Anyone who'd like to donate Mills & Boon please send them my way (just an expression). LOL, I like to read them once in a while so I don't appear to be sinful. If my parents knew I read them I'd get into trouble even thou I'm a grown woman. Other than that, I like to read motivational, novel, (malorie Blackman- favourite author) and biblical literature.