• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 Oceania winners

@EmilyW has your date changed? They do say quite clearly on the website not to book flights, sell your house etc but I took a calculated risk....no-one else has had a reschedule so far....I've emailed the consulate...what do you think my chances are of keeping the date?

Hello CBDK and all the other 9XXes bound for Sydney in April. Apologies for lurking and outing myself so late in the game, but I'd like to echo CBDK's question. I too just received an urgent 'do not reply' message from the Sydney consulate advising me that I need to confirm via email that I will be attending (letters/font in green - what are we, five?) my interview on the 14th. I wondered if it was a hoax, hence my post now...

Before I send off a 'YES, I WILL MOS' DEF BE ATTENDING MY SCHEDULED INTERVIEW ON THE 14TH" email to Sydney (not in CAPS, but calm, lower case letters, and yes, in green if required...) and create a 'profile account via US Travel Docs' (whatever that is), can someone else please confirm if this is legit?

Awaiting advice...

Hi @Smeeggy and @SophiaP - most likely not a hoax given we all got one but I have sent off an email requesting the date not change but I don't like my chances. @SophiaP looks like yours is just an email asking you to confirm your date and there is no change?

@connectedspace, thanks, those links have helped me get my head around it. So if the OC quota is around 800 then it certainly doesn't look good. :(

One thing I wondered about is the possibility of an overflow from another region beefing up the OC quota. This is what it says in the relevant legislation (I can't post the link because I have less than 5 posts here, but it is available on Britsimon's blog under 'The regional quota mystery'):

(iv) Redistribution of unused visa numbers. - If the Secretary of State estimates that the number of immigrant visas to be issued to natives in any region for a fiscal year under this paragraph is less than the number of immigrant visas made available to such natives under this paragraph for the fiscal year, subject to clause (v), the excess visa numbers shall be made available to natives (other than natives of a high-admission state) of the other regions in proportion to the percentages otherwis e specified in clauses (ii) and (iii).

Just looking back through some of the previous years, I noticed that OC only tends to go current after (or at the same time as) one or more of the big regions goes current. Could this be because we have often been receiving an overflow from the bigger regions that pushes us up above our quota? But then we didn't receive the boost last year because the big regions didn't go current?

And if so, what is the likelihood that the big regions will go current in 2015?

It's just a theory.
All the regions are oversubscribed, so the unused visas point is a dream...

Hi - I just received a note from the Sydney Consulate saying that there was a system error and all Australian interviews were scheduled for the 14th April...they have asked for all NSW interviews to be rescheduled to the 28th April.

Did anyone else get this?

We have booked flights for the 28th April so this blows!
Oh no! As if this isn't stressful enough! Not what you need. Good luck

I know exactly what you mean Deb!! I hate traveling with 2 large suitcases and a carry on! You would need to be pushing two trollies with all of your suitcases and i find it hard enough to navigate one trolly[/QUOTE]
Caroline I have narrowed it down to two manageable bags and a backpack and a laptop bag. So I can do that. Just hope I don't need to go to the toilet before I check my bags lol

Nothing has come through for us regarding any change. We are from Victoria. Perhaps they aren't changing any of the interstate guys? At least that's what I'm hoping for!

We got an email last week asking us to confirm via email that we were attending and to set up a USTravelDocs account. So @SophiaP, it's definitely not a hoax. We created the account on US Travel Docs and have received a reply from the consulate saying 'thank you' on Monday.

Damn, I hope they don't change it. We have booked flights we can change, but the hotel can't be. :-( I also don't want to miss out on celebrating with @CBDK.

Last edited:
Just looking back through some of the previous years, I noticed that OC only tends to go current after (or at the same time as) one or more of the big regions goes current. Could this be because we have often been receiving an overflow from the bigger regions that pushes us up above our quota?[/USER]

I'd say not in the past few years. The ratio of visas/cn has been fairly close. Remember 'current' only means 'we have enough for the rest', not 'we're opening the floodgates'.

Simply put, the past two DV lotteries have been nothing but bad news and punctured hopes for a large number of selectees. There's no way to sugarcoat it. If you're selected, you want a low CN or you may as well have had the 'no' message when you checked EDV.[/user]

I want to celebrate with you too but looks like I'll be sitting in front of the computer raising a glass when you're successfully processed and then 2 weeks later it'll be my turn.
Lucky we didn't give notice on our apartment yet!

Caroline I have narrowed it down to two manageable bags and a backpack and a laptop bag. So I can do that. Just hope I don't need to go to the toilet before I check my bags lol
Ha, I hate trying to squeeze in the cubicle with all my bags. There has to be a better system!

Nothing has come through for us regarding any change. We are from Victoria. Perhaps they aren't changing any of the interstate guys? At least that's what I'm hoping for!

We got an email last week asking us to confirm via email that we were attending and to set up a USTravelDocs account. So @SophiaP, it's definitely not a hoax. We created the account on US Travel Docs and have received a reply from the consulate saying 'thank you' on Monday.

Damn, I hope they don't change it. We have booked flights we can change, but the hotel can't be. :-( I also don't want to miss out on celebrating with @CBDK.
Thanks, Emily.

SYDNEY: Hi everyone - my wife (and me n d kids) has an interview in a month so we are just starting to get it together. How do you pay the fees before the interview? Or can you pay at the time of the interview? Martin

SYDNEY: Hi everyone - my wife (and me n d kids) has an interview in a month so we are just starting to get it together. How do you pay the fees before the interview? Or can you pay at the time of the interview? Martin

You get to make the payment when you go for the interview.

Great, so apart from the medical fees to the panel doctor, and the fees at the interview time, are there any other fees?

If you get visas, you then have to pay the $165 per person immigrant fee to USCIS before or when you land in the US. This is to cover costs of green card production and admin/storage of your A-file.