• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 Oceania winners

@martinskypemartin let me know your case number and I will add you to our list (just a 9xx, for example, will do).

It's also probably worth you reading through this thread, as long as it is, as many have written about their experiences, fees etc. it's actually really helpful and gives you a birds eye view of what happens in the process.

All the regions are oversubscribed, so the unused visas point is a dream...
I'd say not in the past few years. The ratio of visas/cn has been fairly close. Remember 'current' only means 'we have enough for the rest', not 'we're opening the floodgates'.

Simply put, the past two DV lotteries have been nothing but bad news and punctured hopes for a large number of selectees. There's no way to sugarcoat it. If you're selected, you want a low CN or you may as well have had the 'no' message when you checked EDV.[/user]

Alright, thanks guys, this is clear to me now. Hoping I get selected with a really low number for DV2016.

xx10xx is my wife's. ... you are never prepared, so surprised at the interview since I didn't get one and I am actually the best qualified. My wife was an afterthought, lol, and she did get an interview, but not so academically good. We were thinking that as the kids are in the middle of school term we might just do the short run to hawaii for a few days, then back to sort out the house issues etc.Q1 - but can this be a valid POE? Q2 - has anyone applied as an CEO / manager vocation - whatr did they ask?

In terms of what they ask, they want either a high school education OR that your wife qualifies from an employment perspective. In the latter, she will need to have at least two years experience in the last five years in a role that is a Job Zone 4 or 5, classified in a Specific Vocational Preparation (SVP) rating of 7.0 or higher (see attached link to see what roles would suffice).

http://www.onetonline.org/

I'm pretty sure Hawaii is fine for POE.

Have fun!
Very anti climactic our experience at JFK. We got off the plane and asked a customs guy where to go. He sent us to a room where a Woman asked for our document folders. Didn't want our X-rays at all. We sat down, she then got us to sign and form and take a finger print. Then another guy entered our passport details into a computer. Our finger prints where scanned and then we were told all good have a nice day. No questions. No nothing. Not even a green card answer or anything about the stamp. Not that we are staying permanently but just seemed very quick and easy. Felt less work doing this than actually going throug an immigration line on an esta.

Very anti climactic our experience at JFK. We got off the plane and asked a customs guy where to go. He sent us to a room where a Woman asked for our document folders. Didn't want our X-rays at all. We sat down, she then got us to sign and form and take a finger print. Then another guy entered our passport details into a computer. Our finger prints where scanned and then we were told all good have a nice day. No questions. No nothing. Not even a green card answer or anything about the stamp. Not that we are staying permanently but just seemed very quick and easy. Felt less work doing this than actually going throug an immigration line on an esta.

LOL - as an LPR it should be easy!!!

Now, if you want something difficult, pop down to the SSA or DMV while you are here....

Now, if you want something difficult, pop down to the SSA or DMV while you are here....
Hi. I have applied for the DV lottery 2016 and am just looking to connect with people who are in similar situation.

Hi everyone! I have just found this forum and it is such a wealth of knowledge! Thank you everyone. I am just wondering, as I have not read it anywhere, whether the interview letter has gone out for those whose number has just got current? My number went current for the month of May (2015OC000010XX) however I have still not received any further information. Is this normal? I only completed the form in November last year. Will this hinder my chances in ever getting an interview even if my number has gone current?

Thank you everyone for your help :):):)

DV2015 (wife n family) - Valid period of medicals (Sydney) - hi every one - how long are the medicals actually valid for - is it 3 or 6 months? Martin.
6 months. From day of examination. My visa was valid for 6 months from that date. And is printed on the sticker in my passport

I guess I just thought there would be all information regarding it. There was no congratulations or welcome the USA. a little disappointing ha.

Is the stamp that you get that's valid for a year just look like an entry stamp? As that's all it seems we got.

Would you recommend us doing anything while we are here for two weeks. Is there anything we can do without an actual permanent address yet? Want to try and start getting a credit score and organise what ever we can while we are here that will help us for for when we move permanent in December.

I guess I just thought there would be all information regarding it. There was no congratulations or welcome the USA. a little disappointing ha.

Is the stamp that you get that's valid for a year just look like an entry stamp? As that's all it seems we got.

Would you recommend us doing anything while we are here for two weeks. Is there anything we can do without an actual permanent address yet? Want to try and start getting a credit score and organise what ever we can while we are here that will help us for for when we move permanent in December.

The visa in your passport should have been endorsed - that is all.

Re credit. Yes, you have supplied an address for your GC delivery. Use that to apply for the SSN. It may or may not have been applied for, but based on your POE experience, I would bet not. So, in a few days, go to the SSA. It is 2 or 3 hours of glimpsing into another America.

The other thing you can do is try to open a bank account. Some banks will do that without the SSN. You might be able to get a secured credit card without the SSN, but probably not. However, get the forms for a secured credit card, and once you have the SSN, open one from abroad with a few hundred bucks and use it on the net for a very small amount. Pay that on time and do that each month. By the time you come back to the USA you will have a credit file.

Last edited:
The visa in your passport should have been endorsed - that is all.

Re credit. Yes, you have supplied an address for your GC delivery. Use that to apply for the SSN. It may or may not have been applied for, but based on your POE experience, I would bet not. So, in a few days, go to the SSA. It is 2 or 3 hours of glimpsing into another America.

The other thing you can do is try to open a bank account. Some banks will do that without the SSN. You might be bake to get a secured credit card without the SSN, but probably not. However, get the forms and once you have the SSN, open one from abroad with a few hundred bucks and use it on the net for a very small amount. Pay that on time and do that each month. By the time you come back to the USA you will have a credit file.
Excellent advice there B.Simon. I hope you will be kind enough to include it in your blog on building credit history.

Hi everyone! I have just found this forum and it is such a wealth of knowledge! Thank you everyone. I am just wondering, as I have not read it anywhere, whether the interview letter has gone out for those whose number has just got current? My number went current for the month of May (2015OC000010XX) however I have still not received any further information. Is this normal? I only completed the form in November last year. Will this hinder my chances in ever getting an interview even if my number has gone current?

Thank you everyone for your help :):):)

It depends on when in November you submitted your DS260. Early November, you should have a 2NL. After the 25 November (from my recollection of @Britsimon's survey), and no 2NL. If the latter is the case, you might not be scheduled until June 2015.

If you are scheduled for May, you should have received an email telling you to check the original CEAC website (the one where you originally found out you had won). The letter on that site should have changed from the 'You have been selected for further processing' to a letter advising that you are to proceed to interview, giving you a date, time and place.

I'll add you to our spreadsheet. :)