• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 Oceania winners

Ok, got some interesting info from KCC last night.

We called to check on the progress of our DS260. Our DS260s have all processed and we're just waiting to go current.

The guy at KCC said - and I'm paraphrasing because it was midnight and I was sleepy - 'they're up to 925 so you'll go current very soon'.

I didn't know how to interpret that but perhaps it means they're now in the process of scheduling interviews for the next VB. At any rate, @CBDK, I think we are going current in April. Get your party shoes on.
Glad to hear that Emily, if your number goes current and mine doesn't(since our numbers are close) it will be due to me not filling my ds 260 till January. I was gonna query with KCC if filling the form late would affect my number going current but I guess I will just wait and see rather than make the call.

Glad to hear that Emily, if your number goes current and mine doesn't(since our numbers are close) it will be due to me not filling my ds 260 till January. I was gonna query with KCC if filling the form late would affect my number going current but I guess I will just wait and see rather than make the call.

Your number will be current BUT your case cannot be scheduled until your DS260 is completed.

Your number will be current BUT your case cannot be scheduled until your DS260 is completed.

Thanks Britsimon, I did receive confirmation after I submitted my DS260 and it does show as locked now ,so hoping my negligence in not checking the results doesn't affect our interview dates

Yours will be a good test of whether they have caught up and how long it's taking now to process the DS260s I think.

Does anyone know if I am able to edit my ds260? I have left out part of my education as I was waiting to get confirmation of dates etc. I can't seem to find an "edit" tab to add in more info.
If I am unable to edit or add detail will the co be ok with me providing a transcript or certificate? Also I am unsure when I will get my 2nl, is anyone else numbered 6xx and submitted ds260 in aug?

Sorry for all the questions....

Just one more: if I was in a marriage ceremony (not legally married, just a quicky "commitment" ceremony type thing) and I have been with my same partner for over 14 years, does this count as being married when I first submitted my dv lottery application? I actually was officially married in 2014 legally. (After the dv lottery but before ds260) Will the dv application dismiss me at the interview because the "marriage" was not official? I have a certificate.

Thank you everyone.

Does anyone know if I am able to edit my ds260? I have left out part of my education as I was waiting to get confirmation of dates etc. I can't seem to find an "edit" tab to add in more info.
If I am unable to edit or add detail will the co be ok with me providing a transcript or certificate? Also I am unsure when I will get my 2nl, is anyone else numbered 6xx and submitted ds260 in aug?

Just one more: if I was in a marriage ceremony (not legally married, just a quicky "commitment" ceremony type thing) and I have been with my same partner for over 14 years, does this count as being married when I first submitted my dv lottery application? I actually was officially married in 2014 legally. (After the dv lottery but before ds260) Will the dv application dismiss me at the interview because the "marriage" was not official? I have a certificate.

Thank you everyone.

If you entered as married, but the marriage wasn't legal, then yes you will be disqualified at interview. The us government do recognise non traditional marriages, but their test is whether the marriage is recognised by the authorities as giving the legal benefits of marriage. So, perhaps you want to explain where the quickie ceremony took place and whether you believe you can claim that was a real marriage or not.

Thank you everyone.

To add to what britsimon said, it's not clear to me if you entered as married or entered as single and just updated as married on the DS260. If the latter you will be ok but will need more proof of a bona fide relationship than just a certificate - if you've been together 14 years that shouldn't be a problem of course.

Nope, none for me. I was sooooo good over the last few days too. :)

Hopefully this torture will end soon. I've waited 7 or so years...... I can probably last a few more days. I think.

Well Gandt that does give me some hope, at least neither of us has got one yet which means maybe they are just not up to that yet. I really do hope we get ours at the same time, otherwise it will be rough. Fingers crossed our wait will be over soon

Thank you @Britsimon, susieqqq and Emily.
I don't know how I can prove it was legal or has the benefits of being legal other that the fact we have been defacto for 14 years, have a 10 year old child and our whole lives together.

I think my country would recognise it as legal because if we separate (whilst not legally married) as we have been together so long. Defacto couples after being together for a certain number of years is entitled to half like if in a marriage.

Do you think the co would go into all of this when it is clear we are a couple for a loooong time?

Is there a way I can call them or try to amend the original application if it's going to be a problem?
I don't want to waste my time going To the interview if I'm going to be rejected for this little thing. Perhaps the co will not ask?

Thank you @Britsimon, susieqqq and Emily.
I don't know how I can prove it was legal or has the benefits of being legal other that the fact we have been defacto for 14 years, have a 10 year old child and our whole lives together.

I think my country would recognise it as legal because if we separate (whilst not legally married) as we have been together so long. Defacto couples after being together for a certain number of years is entitled to half like if in a marriage.

Do you think the co would go into all of this when it is clear we are a couple for a loooong time?

Is there a way I can call them or try to amend the original application if it's going to be a problem?
I don't want to waste my time going To the interview if I'm going to be rejected for this little thing. Perhaps the co will not ask?

OK - so to clarify. The critical thing is that the eDV entry must have been accurate.

So - you entered as MARRIED - correct? If so the CO will ask for proof that you were married as of the date of of the eDV entry. You cannot amend that statement. It is the basis of your entry in the lottery.

You seem to be referring to your relationship as a Defacto relationship under New Zealand laws. I know there is such a thing for property rights - but I don't know whether that type of relationship is considered a marriage or not. If it isn't, then your mistake will almost certainly cause disqualification.

Perhaps others here know more about De Facto relationships.

Can I just point out that marriage is not a "little thing". Apart from anything else, if legal it qualifies the spouse for things such as a green card, which is such a big thing that people enter into fraudulent marriages for that purpose.

Also the fact that you speak about legalizing it after selection but before submitting the DS form implies you know that it wasn't legal before....

And no the CO will not 'not ask' .... this is not an incidental trivial thing.

Sorry @cj27, I thought you were Australian, hence I provided an Australian reference.

If you're an NZ-er, a civil union has legal status but a committment ceremony does not, as far as I understand.

Which one do you have?

I think the problem here is, as @SusieQQQ, articulated, your relationship status at the time you entered the lottery is key. If you put married when you don't have a legally recognised marriage or civil union, then there's a problem.

Sorry @cj27, I thought you were Australian, hence I provided an Australian reference.

If you're an NZ-er, a civil union has legal status but a committment ceremony does not, as far as I understand.

Which one do you have?

I think the problem here is, as @SusieQQQ, articulated, your relationship status at the time you entered the lottery is key. If you put married when you don't have a legally recognised marriage or civil union, then there's a problem.

Hmm, sounds like it's more formal than what was described.... http://www.dia.govt.nz/Services-Births-Deaths-and-Marriages-Civil-Union