• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 KENYA SELECTEES FORUM

Wish all those slated for interview in the coming month's success.just to inform you that the date's you chose to take your medicals becomes the beginning of your 6 months visa expiration. Example I took my medicals on 14th Oct 2014 and my family members had theirs on 27th oct 2014.we attended our interview on 4th nov 2014 and visas issued on 7th Nov 2014.however my visa indicates it was to expire on 14th April 2015 while the rest are to expire on 27th April 2015.as you plan consider this...my family will be joining late february.i purchased my first vehicle on 3rd Jan 2014 and the next project is to shop a good 2 bedroomed house.in newjersey house rent is high as on average it costs $1,000-1,300. One bedroomed goes for $900.jobs opportunities is in plenty...I got several other opportunities to work other shift(very simple tasks) but am yet to figure out some logistics, timing etc..In summary am expecting to earn past $20 an hour.its sounds personal and confidentiality but I promised not to keep quiet for the sake of better planning for you guyz.the delay in my greencard (which I haven't received) has cost me lot of opportunities.the validity of my driver licence was capped at the expiration of my endorsed visa since I had no proof of living here after expiration of the endorsed visa ( I.e 1year my current lpr status without green card is valid for 1 year).Some organization insist on seeing the greencard...
this so encouraging broda,soon am joining you there,u wanna get your green card bother soon,how is the other life?

@Simon thanx for sharing ur info..its helpful qs for me am still waiting to get my ssn its been 6 days and should i go to their offices or call them and how to tgey know that one is in stato..........plus how do check for ur greencard status am in maryland...... as of right now am looking for a school and its alot of work coz now theyvrcasking for my degree to be evaluated so that they can admite me and evaluation takes 3weeks and its 18 thousand ksh.anyho hope yall are doing well..

@Simon thanx for sharing ur info..its helpful qs for me am still waiting to get my ssn its been 6 days and should i go to their offices or call them and how to tgey know that one is in stato..........plus how do check for ur greencard status am in maryland...... as of right now am looking for a school and its alot of work coz now theyvrcasking for my degree to be evaluated so that they can admite me and evaluation takes 3weeks and its 18 thousand ksh.anyho hope yall are doing well..

@Nayfara, I wish you all the best. Just a few questions please. Who does the degree evaluation? Can it be done way before one travels to the US? Is the evaluation for purposes of furthering your studies or is it also required when seeking for employment?

@Nayfara, I wish you all the best. Just a few questions please. Who does the degree evaluation? Can it be done way before one travels to the US? Is the evaluation for purposes of furthering your studies or is it also required when seeking for employment?

You should only get an evaluation if you are asked to provide one, and if you are you must use someone that organisation trusts to perform the evaluation. It generally would not be required or useful in a job search.

Degree evaluation can be done prior to departure, and it will be required if you plan on furthering your studies in the US. Here are some links to lists of reputable organizations that you can approach - most colleges (if not all) will accept an evaluation report from any of these organization:

https://www.ccsf.edu/~humanres/forms/fdevinfo.pdf

http://www.ctc.ca.gov/credentials/leaflets/cl635.pdf

Because of the stress that can sometimes be associated with trying to get an official transcript and the necessary course work required for the evaluation to be carried, it's actually a good idea to begin the process before leaving home. Some organizations are willing to do the evaluation once, store your result for a number of years and issue you with a fresh evaluation report several times for a small one time fee payment. Go over the different sites and pick the one that works for you.

Hi Coronahope....the academic evaluation mostly is for academic progression or transition.Its advisable to seek for the evaluations while in 'kenya'...since it would require sending confidential transcripts from your alma univesities in africa.I already have my evals from world education services...wes....google it for more information.Thanks

Degree evaluation can be done prior to departure, and it will be required if you plan on furthering your studies in the US. Here are some links to lists of reputable organizations that you can approach - most colleges (if not all) will accept an evaluation report from any of these organization:

https://www.ccsf.edu/~humanres/forms/fdevinfo.pdf

http://www.ctc.ca.gov/credentials/leaflets/cl635.pdf

Because of the stress that can sometimes be associated with trying to get an official transcript and the necessary course work required for the evaluation to be carried, it's actually a good idea to begin the process before leaving home. Some organizations are willing to do the evaluation once, store your result for a number of years and issue you with a fresh evaluation report several times for a small one time fee payment. Go over the different sites and pick the one that works for you.

Mom, I highly appreciate this. I Will go thru the links.

Hi Coronahope....the academic evaluation mostly is for academic progression or transition.Its advisable to seek for the evaluations while in 'kenya'...since it would require sending confidential transcripts from your alma univesities in africa.I already have my evals from world education services...wes....google it for more information.Thanks

Ingwe, thanks too. From you, Britsimon and Mom, am well advised.

You should only get an evaluation if you are asked to provide one, and if you are you must use someone that organisation trusts to perform the evaluation. It generally would not be required or useful in a job search.

FYI I have seen reports of employers asking for them, for jobs that specify something like "4 year degree", if it is a university they don't recognise they may ask for an equivalency evaluation. Not sure how widespread it is but it does happen.

FYI I have seen reports of employers asking for them, for jobs that specify something like "4 year degree", if it is a university they don't recognise they may ask for an equivalency evaluation. Not sure how widespread it is but it does happen.

Yep I can imagine they would ask that in some cases (hence the "generally") but that would be for only certain positions where the degree is required as a real prerequisite. What I mean by that is that for many jobs they will say degree required, but it is just a "knock out" question that can overcome. ON the other hand if you are planning to become a doctor and the University is not well known then they will absolutely want a credential evaluation which might include a degree eval. However, I would expect someone in that position to realize that will be required, whereas someone with a Bachelors in marketing from some unknown univesity will probably not need the eval for work reasons.

Horses for courses...

By the way the reason I bang on about the credibility of the evaluations is this. During my H1 process I had an work experience evaluation done. The evaluator my lawyer and I chose was experienced, credible and so on and provided many types of evaluation. It wasn't cheap - a few hundred bucks. During the H1 process one of the RFE questions was about the evaluator - i.e. how qualified he was to perform the evaluation, his process and so on. I found myself defending the credibility of the evaluator - very annoying. My lawyer wanted to obtain another evaluation - but I got bloody minded and stuck to the guns I had already paid for.

So - if some organization hasn't heard of the University you studied at and requires an evaluation, providing an evaluation from an evaluator they have never heard of might be just as inconclusive.

Wish all those slated for interview in the coming month's success.just to inform you that the date's you chose to take your medicals becomes the beginning of your 6 months visa expiration. Example I took my medicals on 14th Oct 2014 and my family members had theirs on 27th oct 2014.we attended our interview on 4th nov 2014 and visas issued on 7th Nov 2014.however my visa indicates it was to expire on 14th April 2015 while the rest are to expire on 27th April 2015.as you plan consider this...my family will be joining late february.i purchased my first vehicle on 3rd Jan 2014 and the next project is to shop a good 2 bedroomed house.in newjersey house rent is high as on average it costs $1,000-1,300. One bedroomed goes for $900.jobs opportunities is in plenty...I got several other opportunities to work other shift(very simple tasks) but am yet to figure out some logistics, timing etc..In summary am expecting to earn past $20 an hour.its sounds personal and confidentiality but I promised not to keep quiet for the sake of better planning for you guyz.the delay in my greencard (which I haven't received) has cost me lot of opportunities.the validity of my driver licence was capped at the expiration of my endorsed visa since I had no proof of living here after expiration of the endorsed visa ( I.e 1year my current lpr status without green card is valid for 1 year).Some organization insist on seeing the greencard...
it is very encouraging thanks sermon for sharing

thanx guys for your contribution the evaluation i want to do is becouse i want to study cpa and the skul is asking for them and plus to get an accounting lisence i have to have my degree evaluated i was asked to go to wes but i dont know how it works ...can somone who has done with wes ples help....

thanx guys for your contribution the evaluation i want to do is becouse i want to study cpa and the skul is asking for them and plus to get an accounting lisence i have to have my degree evaluated i was asked to go to wes but i dont know how it works ...can somone who has done with wes ples help....

Visit the website (below) yourself and get the information you need or that is applicable to you:

https://www.wes.org/