• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 KENYA SELECTEES FORUM

I hope your first Xmas away from the mid planet country was a good.
I opted to go a bit slow in the forum but yesterday my festive season was dampened and I was left gazing into the horizon, feeling helpless. A young man with with a fairly low DV2014 CN came with the 2nd no, seeking help.
Apparently, he comes to Nairobi in December only mainly due financial considerations so he took it that the 2014 deadline could be the calendar year!
Ooh my...hope he picks up again.

To all my DV forum family, Its quite been a long time but God is still in the management. I bring all my greetings from Lawrence Massachusetts. I hope you guyz are doing well. We love you and we still pray for all of you. May your dream come true to live in the United States.

All the best in your forth coming notifications and please feel free to leave any question and concern. I promise we shall always spare some time to come back and help you.

4turya
DV 2014 Kenyanna forum
Lawrence MA USA

Wish all those slated for interview in the coming month's success.just to inform you that the date's you chose to take your medicals becomes the beginning of your 6 months visa expiration. Example I took my medicals on 14th Oct 2014 and my family members had theirs on 27th oct 2014.we attended our interview on 4th nov 2014 and visas issued on 7th Nov 2014.however my visa indicates it was to expire on 14th April 2015 while the rest are to expire on 27th April 2015.as you plan consider this...my family will be joining late february.i purchased my first vehicle on 3rd Jan 2014 and the next project is to shop a good 2 bedroomed house.in newjersey house rent is high as on average it costs $1,000-1,300. One bedroomed goes for $900.jobs opportunities is in plenty...I got several other opportunities to work other shift(very simple tasks) but am yet to figure out some logistics, timing etc..In summary am expecting to earn past $20 an hour.its sounds personal and confidentiality but I promised not to keep quiet for the sake of better planning for you guyz.the delay in my greencard (which I haven't received) has cost me lot of opportunities.the validity of my driver licence was capped at the expiration of my endorsed visa since I had no proof of living here after expiration of the endorsed visa ( I.e 1year my current lpr status without green card is valid for 1 year).Some organization insist on seeing the greencard...

Last edited:
Wish all those slated for interview in the coming month's success.just to inform you that the date's you chose to take your medicals becomes the beginning of your 6 months visa expiration. Example I took my medicals on 14th Oct 2014 and my family members had theirs on 27th oct 2014.we attended our interview on 4th nov 2014 and visas issued on 7th Nov 2014.however my visa indicates it was to expire on 14th April 2015 while the rest are to expire on 27th April 2015.as you plan consider this...my family will be joining late february.i purchased my first vehicle on 3rd Jan 2014 and the next project is to shop a good 2 bedroomed house.in newjersey house rent is high as on average it costs $1,000-1,300. One bedroomed goes for $900.jobs opportunities is in plenty...I got several other opportunities to work other shift(very simple tasks) but am yet to figure out some logistics, timing etc..In summary am expecting to earn past $20 an hour.its sounds personal and confidentiality but I promised not to keep quiet for the sake of better planning for you guyz.the delay in my greencard (which I haven't received) has cost me lot of opportunities.the validity of my driver licence was capped at the expiration of my endorsed visa since I had no proof of living here after expiration of the endorsed visa ( I.e 1year my current lpr status without green card is valid for 1 year).Some organization insist on seeing the greencard...
Good to hear of your progress.May our Lord continue blessing you more n more

God bless u brother

Thanks Simon for this 'very personal' information you have gladly shared. This is very helpful to many. All the best in NJ.

Thanks Simon for this information which is of great help. Maybe you if possible you can let us know approx what percentage are taxes, how much per meal costs, etc so that we can have a clear picture of what to get there.

Some processing takes longer-we landed the same day with other dv 2014 guys on 21 st Nov 2014 ,see the summary of the process
TEXAS : SSN received after 15 days and green card after 20 days
North Carolina : Received his SSN December 13 2014 green card not yet
New Jersey : SSN received in 10 days time but green card not yet

Some processing takes longer-we landed the same day with other dv 2014 guys on 21 st Nov 2014 ,see the summary of the process
TEXAS : SSN received after 15 days and green card after 20 days
North Carolina : Received his SSN December 13 2014 green card not yet
New Jersey : SSN received in 10 days time but green card not yet
Hello Simon, thanks for the good work, keep up and continue posting.

Amazing updates , keep them flowing dear . Very happy for you, :)