• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 KENYA SELECTEES FORUM

New develpomnet and breaking story:I have a while (4 hours ago) LANDED in New Jersey-now taking meals at my Hosts Place-Should I comment as a Kenyan,USAan or Dv 2015 -guide me based on the statement above-any am joking:
I just wish to thank the moderators, Old registered members,new and Unregistered members for making the forum vibrant-

Welcome to the USA!

New develpomnet and breaking story:I have a while (4 hours ago) LANDED in New Jersey-now taking meals at my Hosts Place-Should I comment as a Kenyan,USAan or Dv 2015 -guide me based on the statement above-any am joking:
I just wish to thank the moderators, Old registered members,new and Unregistered members for making the forum vibrant-

Lol

Anyway, welcome to the U.S. of A! Hope you had a nice trip? Get used to your new time zone and have a great life!!

hello everyone.I and my family are well and we made a safe landing @ Dulles Washington airport on 6th Nov.We are in our 2nd week today.We applied for uscis the following day after arrival and SSN the following week.The boy's SSN card arrived after about 6 days after application,but ours are yet to arrive.for now we are spending much of our time on the internet and taking walks as we wait for the cards to arrive,calls for a lot of patience.we are also taking MVA's driving test online (motor vehicle administration),the main body that is mandated with offering driving course here.The weather is awesome...............for now!regards.
Hi prince John ,I like the place-am now in New Jersey want to pay the USCIS now

Lol

Anyway, welcome to the U.S. of A! Hope you had a nice trip? Get used to your new time zone and have a great life!!
Thanks-Brits-I woke up at 11am usa time thinking the night is over-just to be told you have some more hours to sleep
Have just spoken to my family back in Kenya(at 6.30 am kenyan time) and are really really happy about my safe journey.
Let me CALIBRATE my BRAINS now.

@Simon. you are a kenyan citizen residing in usa. n thanks to dv 2015. ... hence all of the above :)
Ha Ha Ha: I was just joking in reference to an earlier exchange between moderators and I think ettoo on who should/shouldn't post- any way...wish all of you success in your upcoming interviews
Today is the day the Lord has granted our Simon from kenya to travel.Those in nairobi are meeting in the aftrenoon for a send-off party near the airport...lets join our hands in jubilation....
The SPIRIT of brotherhood the Kenyan dv 2015 showed AMAZED me:without prior notice I started receiving calls for direction to the send -off -party venue which was hurriedly arranged;
I came face to face with the dv selectees-WE WERE ALL UNMASKED

Last edited:
@Britsimon , @Sm1smom @SusieQQQ

Hello,

Say if one relocates within the country and also gets a new job before the interview or 2NL . Will that in any way affect the unlocking of DS260 ? I mean , does one need to unlock it to update info on the new job and physical address ?

Thanks and Regards
Depends much on how close your Interview is and the sensitivity of the Job and location:
1. Your case number : If the duration of the new found job and expected time of interview has a difference of 6 months -you better unlock and re-submit
2. Physical address : In Kenya and particular the coastal and North Eastern region
where Alshabab have been radicalizing the youths are not the best place
RE-LOCATE to prior to your Interview (BUT THERE IS NO PROBLEM IF YOU'R
CURRENTLY RESIDING & WORKING THERE) Please get me correctly
3. Job: Some jobs are too sensitive and may require some probing..
At the point of entry (POE) I was required to state my movement pattern while in Kenya.I said haven't moved from my earlier stated place

Ha Ha Ha: I was just joking in reference to an earlier exchange between moderators and I think ettoo on who should/shouldn't post- any way...wish all of you success in your upcoming interviews

The SPIRIT of brotherhood the Kenyan dv 2015 showed AMAZED me:without prior notice I started receiving calls for direction to the send -off -party venue which was hurriedly arranged;
I came face to face with the dv selectees-WE WERE ALL UNMASKED

That is lovely - if anyone took a photo you should post it!

Sorry I did not give the clear hint. My CN is 70***. When would I expect to be called for an interview? And by the way, following the posts I have been reading, how much exactly for a Kenyan, would you need to prepare with to facilitate your process excluding air ticket? Or does one pay for the ticket at the embassy? I am green kindly help.
Your Interview will be in the month of September 2015
Medical:kshs 24,000 if never contracted chicken pox and kshs 20,000/= if you contracted

Contracted Not Contracted
summary Medical Adult kshs 20,000 or 24,000/=
Child below 12 years kshs 24,000 or 28,000/=
Interview kshs 30,000 - 30,000/=
USCIS fee kshs 15,000- 15,000/=(payable after arrival)
Photos kshs 500 - 500/=
Airfair kshs 67,000 - 90,000/= (MOI-Depending on destination)

Depends much on how close your Interview is and the sensitivity of the Job and location:
1. Your case number : If the duration of the new found job and expected time of interview has a difference of 6 months -you better unlock and re-submit
2. Physical address : In Kenya and particular the coastal and North Eastern region
where Alshabab have been radicalizing the youths are not the best place
RE-LOCATE to prior to your Interview (BUT THERE IS NO PROBLEM IF YOU'R
CURRENTLY RESIDING & WORKING THERE) Please get me correctly
3. Job: Some jobs are too sensitive and may require some probing..
At the point of entry (POE) I was required to state my movement pattern while in Kenya.I said haven't moved from my earlier stated place

@Simon , Thank you very much for briefing. I shall consider the above before I make a move.

@Simon , Thank you very much for briefing. I shall consider the above before I make a move.
@ Dada By all means ! Im always here haha.
Good day you too. try and get some sleep , its 9.20am here in Mombasa rahaa :p

Its saturday November 2014 1.30 am here in New Jersey -I must sleep now

Your Interview will be in the month of September 2015
Medical:kshs 24,000 if never contracted chicken pox and kshs 20,000/= if you contracted

Contracted Not Contracted
summary Medical Adult kshs 20,000 or 24,000/=
Child below 12 years kshs 24,000 or 28,000/=
Interview kshs 30,000 - 30,000/=
USCIS fee kshs 15,000- 15,000/=(payable after arrival)
Photos kshs 500 - 500/=
Airfair kshs 67,000 - 90,000/= (MOI-Depending on destination)

Thank you Simon for the wonderful information that you have provided. Does one need any extra money just in case you need to connect to the host place (taxi, train or public transport) or you are not picked by the host or for any other emergency or any other unforeseen eventuality and any other expenses. How do you access internet., does that mean you need to move with a laptop to USA or are there cyber cafes or are the houses connected with internet.