• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 KENYA SELECTEES FORUM

Glad your arrived well Simon and wish you all the best. I have applied for the DV 2016 and by the grace of God, a time like this next year I will have relocated as well.
Keep us updated Simon and all the others who are already our there!

Hello every one.
I have a serious issue please anyone can assist me by emergency

Yesterday I called kcc and told me that my interview has been scheduledin January.
I am a Ugandan residing in Botwsana and I had selected Johannesburg as my interview location.

Few hours ago I learnt that my visa to South Africa was denied and likely I will not be able to appeal.

Advise me If I can change my interview location To Nairobi where i dont need a visa after I was scheduled.
Normally is this change feasible, if yes HOW it's going to affect my chance.

Please any one can tell me what to do.

Hello every one.
I have a serious issue please anyone can assist me by emergency

Yesterday I called kcc and told me that my interview has been scheduledin January.
I am a Ugandan residing in Botwsana and I had selected Johannesburg as my interview location.

Few hours ago I learnt that my visa to South Africa was denied and likely I will not be able to appeal.

Advise me If I can change my interview location To Nairobi where i dont need a visa after I was scheduled.
Normally is this change feasible, if yes HOW it's going to affect my chance.

Please any one can tell me what to do.

You need to contact KCC right away and inform them your visa application to S/A has been denied hence you cannot attend your interview there and need to reschedule your venue to Nairobi.

Of course that most likely will mean you will no longer be interviewed in Jan as the S/A embassy will need to be contacted and requested to forward your case file to Nairobi. Also, they may want to know why your visa application to S/A was denied and do some additional investigation on you.

Email KCC right away and follow up with a phone call on Monday.

Thanks-Brits-I woke up at 11am usa time thinking the night is over-just to be told you have some more hours to sleep
Have just spoken to my family back in Kenya(at 6.30 am kenyan time) and are really really happy about my safe journey.
Let me CALIBRATE my BRAINS now.

Yeah, I know 'Brits' and I are Law students from India, and I sometimes look and sound like Brits, but I'm not Brits :rolleyes:

Anyway glad to know you've heard from your family and you're slowly acclimating as should be expected.

Thank you Simon for the wonderful information that you have provided. Does one need any extra money just in case you need to connect to the host place (taxi, train or public transport) or you are not picked by the host or for any other emergency or any other unforeseen eventuality and any other expenses. How do you access internet., does that mean you need to move with a laptop to USA or are there cyber cafes or are the houses connected with internet.
Depends much on how you relate with the host:Its good to carry some good cash(dollars) due to unforeseen circumstances
My host picked me at the airport
Its also good to carry communication gadgets(I left my mobile at home-could not communicate or email while at JKIA, HEATHRWOW and once I landed as most places have hotspots(wireless internet)
My host has internet at home so am free to use it

That is wonderful. Wish you a pleasant and cool settlement. Simon, can you give us some narrations about what happened at your first arrival airport with the immigration officer. This information will enhance our experience. Thanks.
It goes like this:
We arrived at 2.05 p.m new jersey time which is 8 hours time difference to nairobi.
I went straight to the immigration desk where we presented a simple customs declaration form we(regardless of your origin even American citizens filled it) while on air.
Officer :Why have you come to America?
Me : I am here as a dv lottery winner..
Officer : Winner
Me : Yes immigrant
Officer : Checks and scan my passport and picks my yellow envelop,scan my finger prints(right only) and takes photo of face
Officer : Follow me sir-gets out of his desk and followed him to another waiting room where MOST people weer screened further
Me : Waited like 30 min-while other guys(mostly from west africa and Asia) who were also in that room were being called and requested to enter again in another room
Officer : After 30 min -come sign for me here and thats was it
Me: : I got out of the room and exited without picking my bag from the customs
Officers : I stayed another 1 whole hour as my left laggage went through more screening by the customs
Host : Came and picked me

@Simon , Thank you very much for briefing. I shall consider the above before I make a move.
And its very sad reading the news of North ESTHER Killings by Alshabab-just when I mention that place as being a bad place to relocate to before your interview.
I send my condolences to my fellow Kenya citizens,Relatives of the Victims and My President as the Icon of peace and Unity

It goes like this:
We arrived at 2.05 p.m new jersey time which is 8 hours time difference to nairobi.
I went straight to the immigration desk where we presented a simple customs declaration form we(regardless of your origin even American citizens filled it) while on air.
Officer :Why have you come to America?
Me : I am here as a dv lottery winner..
Officer : Winner
Me : Yes immigrant
Officer : Checks and scan my passport and picks my yellow envelop,scan my finger prints(right only) and takes photo of face
Officer : Follow me sir-gets out of his desk and followed him to another waiting room where MOST people weer screened further
Me : Waited like 30 min-while other guys(mostly from west africa and Asia) who were also in that room were being called and requested to enter again in another room
Officer : After 30 min -come sign for me here and thats was it
Me: : I got out of the room and exited without picking my bag from the customs
Officers : I stayed another 1 whole hour as my left laggage went through more screening by the customs
Host : Came and picked me
It's great @Simon. It's my first time to see POE process experience shared in this forum. Thank you for sharing.

sure:I will always be on my knees to pray for you guys
God is Faithful and He shall surely COMPLETE what He STARTED in your Lives
simon ' God bless you. i think it pays when someone is HONEST. thanks for the updates. you are a proof to this doomsayers(sorry for using such a word)

And its very sad reading the news of North ESTHER Killings by Alshabab-just when I mention that place as being a bad place to relocate to before your interview.
I send my condolences to my fellow Kenya citizens,Relatives of the Victims and My President as the Icon of peace and Unity
Senseless killing of innocent unarmed civilians. Utterly barbaric

Have just come from a Kenyan in new jersey community meeting:I interacted with over 50 families where i enjoyed over 10 varieties of KIKUYU(tribe) delicacies(nyama choma,mukimo,ugali,chapati,kales, etc .
I thought i was home;
I got a lot of advise

Have just come from a Kenyan in new jersey community meeting:I interacted with over 50 families where i enjoyed over 10 varieties of KIKUYU(tribe) delicacies(nyama choma,mukimo,ugali,chapati,kales, etc .
I thought i was home;
I got a lot of advise
Hahaha @Simon
so you feel as if you are living in well developed Kenya(KenAmerica) . It has amazing feeling to have your people around even if you are far from home land.

Last edited:
I thought i was home;
I got a lot of advise

oh wow
r u in new Jersey or new Kenya ?

Take heart and use those advices Bro you will be our advisor when we show up there