• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 KENYA SELECTEES FORUM

Hi Comrades:Can someone JOG MY MIND on all the requirements for the Interview day-Its just around the corner.

You mean it is possible to know whether you have passed the medical test from IOM before the interview with CO ? And what exactly are they looking for when you dis lobe ( remove your clothes), ie head to toe physical examination?
Medical report is a standard requirement especially when you are immigrating or moving to a new job ( almost all local institution/Employers ask for it) NOT BIG DEAL.
Head to toe-(I never removed everything) but don't ask what was left..looking for physical signs(touching touching)I was informed the doctor could probably be checking whether he/she can feel some swollen glands or other physical marks of interest to the medical report.Anyway my children 4 & 7 years enjoyed undressing-I could hear them laughing behind the curtain..CAUTION,don't ask me about my wife experience-we never discussed it..
Day 2 you are given your CD(x-ray) report and given a go ahead to vaccination room.

Hi Comrades:Can someone JOG MY MIND on all the requirements for the Interview day-Its just around the corner.
Do you want to peruse through the edv w/site(prepare for interview), including all country specific links-with a notebook this time around?

To those coming from Upcountry and Uganda... There is an Aparment at Mirema Drive in Roydambu about 16 minutes drive to the US Embassy Nairobi.... Asked them for their rates and taxi to and from the embassy.... Hope this helps...

Daily Rates
Residents in Ksh
Bed & Breakfast Bed Only Long Stay
Single 3,500 2,500 3,200 (B&B) 2,100 (Bed Only)
Double 4,500 3,500 4,000 (B&B) 3,000 (Bed Only)
Tripple 6,000 4,800 4,800 (B&B) 4,200 (Bed Only)
Family Suite - 5,000 - 4,000 (Bed Only)
Single Occupancy 3,000 2,500 2,600 (B&B) 2,100 (Bed Only)

Non Residents in USD
Bed & Breakfast Bed Only Long Stay
Single 55 50 53 (B&B) 48 (Bed Only)
Double 60 55 58 (B&B) 53 (Bed Only)
Tripple 96 75 81 (B&B) 60 (Bed Only)
Family Suite - 115 - 95 (Bed Only)
Single Occupancy 50 45 48 (B&B) 43 (Bed Only)

Breakfast includes: 2 sausages, 2 eggs, 3 bread slices,1 glass of juice,Mug of tea/coffee, 1 fruit serving

Long Stay– 11 days and over

The transfer to Embassy is 3000 shs to and fro.
I would reccomend Ruaka town for anybody keen on getting to IOM/us embassy punctually. It is the next bus stop town past UN avenue and anybody sampling this town will find its proximity a big plus.
Good suggestion though ,Shorrie.

My flight will depart JKIA @ 23:50 for a journey of 8 hrs ,50 minutes to Heathrow.what time(London time) will i land @ HEATHROW airport?MY 2ND flight will depart Heathrow @ 11:15 for a 8hrs 10 mints journey to Dulles Washington Airport.What time(American time) will i land @ DWA?

Jetset prince, safe journey. Make the time checker/convertor, easily available when you Google search your companion.Heathrow touch down will be at about 5 a.m- UK time and expect transit stay of a few hours before the transatlantic flight.

The print out that i have from IOM states i will depart london @ 11 :15 for dulles(8hrs 10 mints ), arrive @ DWA @ 14:25.when i count 8hrs from 11:15;its adding up @ 19:15 and not 14:25 as the print out reads.or what am i counting wrong?

The print out that i have from IOM states i will depart london @ 11 :15 for dulles(8hrs 10 mints ), arrive @ DWA @ 14:25.when i count 8hrs from 11:15;its adding up @ 19:15 and not 14:25 as the print out reads.or what am i counting wrong?

Welcome to the world of time zones. London is 5 hours ahead of Washington, so 14:25 in DWA is 19:25 in London. All times on flight take off and arrival are local.

I would reccomend Ruaka town for anybody keen on getting to IOM/us embassy punctually. It is the next bus stop town past UN avenue and anybody sampling this town will find its proximity a big plus.
No traffic jam

Man, when you travel the world, the sun plays catch up. My repeated advice- go to google search and have a city to city timezones and local time convertor in your handset! u need that when travelling.

Your phone should have a widget - Clock , you can add up as many cities as u want to the list. That shall help you understand the time differences.

Do you know of any decent guest house, hotels or short stay apartments in Ruaka... It would be ideal if you have us pointers....