• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 KENYA SELECTEES FORUM

can someone pay the interview fee at the embassy in dollars?(330$) or does it have to be in kenyan shillings.

Do you know of any decent guest house, hotels or short stay apartments in Ruaka... It would be ideal if you have us pointers....
The whole of last week and this week ,I have been dropped there(ruaka) from kiambu-IOM through the by-pass and in fact I checked and found some decent guest house.However,As I said previously-The last time I was with him(kakjose) he alighted at Stima plaza opposite Jamhuri high school and I assume its where he got accommodation and those who know that place,some good hotels are found within that area and the main stage (to UNEP,IOM) is just 200m. Bus fare is only kshs 30/= and within 20 minutes he will be at IOM.

Last edited:
Do you know of any decent guest house, hotels or short stay apartments in Ruaka... It would be ideal if you have us pointers....
Yes. several . Wont name though so that i do not try to advertise any name,where visitors in those suburbs stay overnight. what's the harm in a visitor sampling that small suburban town? If really all you need is a specific place, e-mail me on, am on fb through this link as well.

The whole of last week and this week ,I have been dropped there(ruaka) from kiambu-IOM through the by-pass and in fact I checked and found some decent guest house.However,As I said previously-The last time I was with him(kakjose) he alighted at Stima plaza opposite Jamhuri high school and I assume its where he got accommodation and those who know that place,some good hotels are found within that area and the main stage (to UNEP,IOM) is just 200m. Bus fare is only kshs 30/= and within 20 minutes he will be at IOM.
A very good option too for any visitor to the embassy and IOM.

There are several guesthouses in that area near stima plaza Ngara and it is also convenient because that is where matatus that ply Town, Limuru road(road to Gigiri) routes pass.

All the very best to you guyz, Keep motivating each other. Do your best, be prepared, and you guyz you'll get the visas.
Above all t, Don't ever forget this chance that God has given you. Look up and say Thank you once in a while.
America is great, hardwork pays. Getting used to some stuff here takes time but at the end of the day you learn a thing or two.

Hey guys whats the current forex rate for KSH to dollar in nairobi , Because of arbitrage, i would like to know if its cheaper to convert from ug of from kenya. thx.

Hey guys whats the current forex rate for KSH to dollar in nairobi , Because of arbitrage, i would like to know if its cheaper to convert from ug of from kenya. thx.
have just called shepherds bureau exchange(0720-715888) and have informed me kshs to dollars is 89.55.They are at Muthaiga mole.However you can get better deals at City market-some individuals do the job at better rates(

90 shillings to the dollar, that is if you opt for the Forex bureaus. Banks will be a bit pricy.

hey simon am prayin for you man!!!!! all is well. any update from bett... imagine we come from the area, i mean ushiago.
Yap-he called me inquiring about the vaccination booster.He is waiting for his graduation(late november) before he relocate.