• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 KENYA SELECTEES FORUM

Thank you all for your prompt response.
My cn is AF2015xxx23xxx. She turns 21 in May.

With your CN likely to become current in Mar 2015, you have nothing to worry about. CSPA is not an issue, in fact it is not applicable to your daughter. You will most likely be interviewed before she turns 21, her age will not be frozen and she's not compelled to enter the US before she turns 21 since her age will not be frozen for the purpose of qualifying as a derivative.

With your CN likely to become current in Mar 2015, you have nothing to worry about. CSPA is not an issue, in fact it is not applicable to your daughter. You will most likely be interviewed before she turns 21, her age will not be frozen and she's not compelled to enter the US before she turns 21 since her age will not be frozen for the purpose of qualifying as a derivative.

Mom, I know you mich more about this than I do, but I'm sure I've read somewhere that if the visa is issued before the age of 21 the child must become an LPR before their 21st birthday. If they are issued a visa before 21 CSPA doesn't come into play anyway and as you said her age is not frozen...

Here, this is from the instructions for selectees website:

My child will turn 21 years old soon - Children generally must be unmarried and under age 21 to qualify as derivative applicants. Also, they generally must use their visas to enter the United States while still under age 21.

http://travel.state.gov/content/vis...-visa/interview/visa-applicant-interview.html

Thanks for pointing this out Susie. Since this is specifically addressed as such under DV, then the interpretation generally assigned to situations such as this like I did in my previous post does not apply in this case, the OP's daughter has to activate her LPR status before turning 21.

@Simon I have the result slip from KNEC that I got when I completed high school, is there any other KNEC slip required apart from this one ?
you will carry your KCSE cert with you to the interview. its a requirement to ask KNEC to send confidential slip direct to the embassy before date of interview. this is done at a cost of ksh2,300 and the request is made at least 10 working days before your interview date.

good...the wait is long and shall passs at the end of it all. 52 is a good number, we shall keep in touch here
Hi
How is it like in calif? my wife in in agri and i think that place has openings in that line. I am xxxAF 10xx, 2015. Wht's your opinion?

@Simon I have the result slip from KNEC that I got when I completed high school, is there any other KNEC slip required apart from this one ?

Results slip are unacceptable:
The Embassy requires confirmation from the KNEC plus the Original Final KCSE and NOT the SLIP .Kindly search my previous post regarding KCSE CERTIFICATES VERSUS KCSE RESULT SLIP in the KENYA 2014 forum.

you will carry your KCSE cert with you to the interview. its a requirement to ask KNEC to send confidential slip direct to the embassy before date of interview. this is done at a cost of ksh2,300 and the request is made at least 10 working days before your interview date.
Thanks Julie for your input.Kindly furnish more information to this group.I have been up and down.Have booked my medicals...and now am engaged in some other errands pertaining the CASE.