• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 KENYA SELECTEES FORUM

hey guys tried to call kcc yesterday but it wont go through and am using a safcom line....

T
your interview will probably be in August or sept 2015
2nl is (a second notification letter) which is checked the same way you checked if u were selected for further processing and they do send out email advising you to check
and yes police cert is the same as the good conduct and it expires after six months so i would advice you apply next year......

All the best ,it seems like a long wait but time flys so start putting things in order

Thank you @Nayfara , I now get it. :)

Yes it seems like a long wait, lets hope all goes well. a lot to work on and a year seems less :) .

My daughter turns 21mid next year. How soon God willing should she travel to the dreamland after getting the visa(By GOD's grace)

If she gets the visa before she turns 21, she must enter before her 21st birthday. Remember she cannot enter before the principal winner. Also confirm with the CO at interview.

My daughter turns 21mid next year. How soon God willing should she travel to the dreamland after getting the visa(By GOD's grace)
a son or daughter over the age of 21 generally does not qualify as a child for purposes of applying with a parent for Lawful Permanent Resident status. A child who turns 21 during the Green Card process is deemed to have aged-out. However, under the Child Status Protection Act, sons and daughters who are over the age of 21 may continue to qualify as children in certain situations.

The formula for determining whether a child has aged-out for purposes of diversity-based petitions is determined as follows: (1) Calculate the age of the child on the date when an immigrant visa number becomes available or the approval date, whichever is later; and (2) Reduce that number by the days the diversity visa petition has been pending.

The child must apply for Lawful Permanent Resident status within one year of the approval of the petition or the availability of the visa, whichever is later.

hey guys tried to call kcc yesterday but it wont go through and am using a safcom line....[/QUOTE
No, you wait till Dec. The numbers they just released are for those current in November, so if you narrowly missed that then your CN will fall within those that will be released in Sept for December interview.

How does one really determine from the VB when their CN will fall for what month. I'm confused.

Hi forummates,

I just can't help myself stop asking questions ever since I joined earlier today, hope you all bear with me.

Had a quick question , can a dv2015 selectee still apply for dv2016 ?

Thanking you in advance.

How does one really determine from the VB when their CN will fall for what month. I'm confused.

There are 2 sections on the VB dealing with DV, usually Sections B and C. When you open the VB, scroll down till you see the sections dealing with DV, the first one deals with the current month and the 2nd one is known as the Advanced Notification section.

If you take a look at the October VB which was released earlier this month, the first section has AF listed as 8,000 for Oct and the 2nd section (Advanced Notification section) has 14,200 for the AF region. That means anyone with an AF CN below 8,000 is current in Oct, and those with CNs below 14,200 are current for Nov. Now there are exceptions to these, and for the AF region, the exceptions are Egypt and Ethiopia, they have different cut-off numbers as listed under the exception columns. With this explanation, you should be able to take a loot at the VB and figure things out for yourself going forward. Here's the link to the current VB:

http://travel.state.gov/content/vis...etin/2015/visa-bulletin-for-october-2014.html

Hi forummates,

I just can't help myself stop asking questions ever since I joined earlier today, hope you all bear with me.

Had a quick question , can a dv2015 selectee still apply for dv2016 ?

Thanking you in advance.

Absolutely yes, and it's a good idea to do so.

There are 2 sections on the VB dealing with DV, usually Sections B and C. When you open the VB, scroll down till you see the sections dealing with DV, the first one deals with the current month and the 2nd one is known as the Advanced Notification section.

If you take a look at the October VB which was released earlier this month, the first section has AF listed as 8,000 for Oct and the 2nd section (Advanced Notification section) has 14,200 for the AF region. That means anyone with an AF CN below 8,000 is current in Oct, and those with CNs below 14,200 are current for Nov. Now there are exceptions to these, and for the AF region, the exceptions are Egypt and Ethiopia, they have different cut-off numbers as listed under the exception columns. With this explanation, you should be able to take a loot at the VB and figure things out for yourself going forward. Here's the link to the current VB:

http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/law-and-policy/bulletin/2015/visa-bulletin-for-october-2014.html

Thankyou for your prompt response @Sm1smom , I now understand how the cut off points are determined. :)

Question is what is your CN range and precisely which month in 2015 does your daughter turn 21?

You
hey guys tried to call kcc yesterday but it wont go through and am using a safcom line....
The KCC phone contacts are time zone sensitive.Call them as from 3:00pm Kenya time (time zone).Again wait until the automated/recorded voice ends-that's when you will be directed to the next available contractor.Charges are very very low even kshs 20/= will be enough for a 5 minute conversation.But Airtel is the best.

Last edited:
Case number:2015AF00063***
Checked status :29TH June 2014
DS260 submitted : 26TH July 2014
confirmation by kcc: ......
2nd nl:.......
medicals: ........
police certs: .........
interview: ...........
P.O.E : Florida

I don't really know what 2nd nl means ? and police certs refers to COGC right ? or is there any other cert. that I'm missing on.

Wish you luck for your interview. Hope all goes well.

This was my first attempt, thank full to the Almighty.
Welcome to the Club 2015 Dada.Thanks for wishing me well.Your questions has been answered correctly by one of us.You will soon become a pro in this if you take time to read previous postings(2014) kindly share your thoughts.COGC (Certificate of Good Conduct),2NL-Second Notification letter(for the Interview) 1NL-Notification of selection.

Last edited:
Welcome to the Club 2015 Dada.Thanks for wishing me well.Your questions has been answered correctly by one of us.You will soon become a pro in this if you take time to read previous postings(2014) kindly share your thoughts.COGC (Certificate of Good Conduct),2NL-Second Notification letter(for the Interview) 1NL-Notification of selection.

@Simon Asante dear, Yes I gained a wealth of knowledge by reading the previous posts today. Really looking forward to contribute toward the forum. This forum is doing an amazing job, my gratitude to all those who are helping answer/solve mind boggling questions. @Britsimon and @som1smom keep up the good work !

@Simon Asante dear, Yes I gained a wealth of knowledge by reading the previous posts today. Really looking forward to contribute toward the forum. This forum is doing an amazing job, my gratitude to all those who are helping answer/solve mind boggling questions. @Britsimon and @som1smom keep up the good work !
Karibu sana.

@Simon Asante dear, Yes I gained a wealth of knowledge by reading the previous posts today. Really looking forward to contribute toward the forum. This forum is doing an amazing job, my gratitude to all those who are helping answer/solve mind boggling questions. @Britsimon and @Sm1smom keep up the good work

@Simon Asante dear, Yes I gained a wealth of knowledge by reading the previous posts today. Really looking forward to contribute toward the forum. This forum is doing an amazing job, my gratitude to all those who are helping answer/solve mind boggling questions. @Britsimon and @Sm1smom keep up the good work
If you like a post-just click like as a way of appreciation.Its not a must you reply