• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 KENYA SELECTEES FORUM

Thank you mom, just a quick one, i remember as if the ds260 foms contain an application o the SSN is there a possibility of checking the status

Wait about a week or so to allow your information to get circulated within the system, then visit the nearest SSA office with an application for a new SSN - you can download the form online - you will need to take along your birth certificate and passport with the visa page.

After handing over the form, they will be able to tell you if there's already an application in the system for you or not, and they may even be able to write down the number itself for you to start using while waiting for the arrival of the actual card in the mail.

If you go in and simply say you want to check the status based on the information provided on the DS form, they may tell you to come back after 3 weeks if the card hasn't arrived, but if you play it 'dumb' as suggested above, then you're more likely to get a more useful outcome.

Wait about a week or so to allow your information to get circulated within the system, then visit the nearest SSA office with an application for a new SSN - you can download the form online - you will need to take along your birth certificate and passport with the visa page.

After handing over the form, they will be able to tell you if there's already an application in the system for you or not, and they may even be able to write down the number itself for you to start using while waiting for the arrival of the actual card in the mail.

If you go in and simply say you want to check the status based on the information provided on the DS form, they may tell you to come back after 3 weeks if the card hasn't arrived, but if you play it 'dumb' as suggested above, then you're more likely to get a more useful outcome.
As always thank you mom, i have also checked my USCIS application and it shows optimized, what does that mean,

Hello guys good morning/evening/goodnight depending on the time zone.
just wanted to inform you guys that we reached safely in columbus ohio.
Am grateful to the lord and all you guys who have been with us all through, @Sm1smom, @Britsimon, @SusieQQQ, @DADA, simon all all you guys on the forum,
it was a very good flight, total time 18hrs accounting for time diffrence actual time 25hrs. Our host is great, family is good, so i wld like to wish everyone a great time and those not yet through to keep the faith.
Be blessed.
Welcome to the new home land.

Am grateful to the lord and all you guys who have been with us all through, @Sm1smom, @Britsimon, @SusieQQQ, @DADA, simon all all you guys on the forum,
it was a very good flight, total time 18hrs accounting for time diffrence actual time 25hrs. Our host is great, family is good, so i wld like to wish everyone a great time and those not yet through to keep the faith.
Be blessed.

Enjoy Ohio! Best of luck...

my ssn has just arrived its been 12 days since i come to stato....the delay was coz of the holiday and weekends........hopefully my green card is on its way ....i paid befor leaving kenya on 17 th dec......
Hi nayfara. Lemmie ask u did u apply for the SSN after u arrived in the US. As in did u visit their offices to fill some form

Be blessed.
Congrats, on winning and for making it to travel,pray for us still waiting to get current