• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 KENYA SELECTEES FORUM

My host is in MD and I will most likely start there. I am not decided on when to travel as I have a bit of in tray that must be handled. I will be ahead of my family hopefully long enough to get a driving licence and that might be mid or late July.
That's nice bro and wish you all the best in the US.

I believe school registration is similar in almost all places. You take proof of residence to the local school board and get assigned a school. I don't think any public schools charge fees in the US.

Healthcare on the other hand will vary widely by individual according to job, income etc.
My concern is the healthcare. I'd want to be covered from day 1 after POE. In that light when you land unless one has prior job prospects it will take say like 2-3 weeks to get situated.... My daughter caught a flu last month that span out of control despite medication and had to be admitted for three days.... It would be a nightmare to have a sick child in a new land and without any coverage....

My concern is the healthcare. I'd want to be covered from day 1 after POE. In that light when you land unless one has prior job prospects it will take say like 2-3 weeks to get situated.... My daughter caught a flu last month that span out of control despite medication and had to be admitted for three days.... It would be a nightmare to have a sick child in a new land and without any coverage....
You are reading my mind Shorrie. I am doing some reading about health insurance for kids and it appears that some 26 states offer Medicaid/CHIP-Google this, to LPRs without the five year waiting period. It doesn't affect your naturalization prospects either.
I think you need that initially as you have not figured out a livelihood yet and use part/any resources your cover. Blind piloting till in the early days!

You are reading my mind Shorrie. I am doing some reading about health insurance for kids and it appears that some 26 states offer Medicaid/CHIP-Google this, to LPRs without the five year waiting period. It doesn't affect your naturalization prospects either.
I think you need that initially as you have not figured out a livelihood yet and use part/any resources your cover. Blind piloting till in the early days!
True true 'Blind Piloting' i was not getting why all the vaccines by IOM until this incident with my little one.... Now waiting for flu shots to get to the hospital we go get them... some things we take for granted but will be a plus in the US coz of the crazy weather... will sure google... Thanks :)

Guys i tried asking about the slow pace of the VB was not answered.... However for me this made my day:

• How can u tell if somebody did multiple application for a greencard. Mayb the person wanted to increase chances of winning
    Like · Reply · 1 · 25 mins

CONGRATS BROTHERS AND SISTERS.......

One question guyz...is it advisable to move with family or better the Principle go and start life then bring the family?

Stupid slow vb progression. Nkt.
I had to do a double take, looked then looked again just to verify that I was seeing right. Waah, at least your number is not too bad, mine's near 70k, my tummy cannot take it. My anxiety levels are through the roof right now but I have to keep hoping. It's not over until it's over, so God help us all.

I had to do a double take, looked then looked again just to verify that I was seeing right. Waah, at least your number is not too bad, mine's near 70k, my tummy cannot take it. My anxiety levels are through the roof right now but I have to keep hoping. It's not over until it's over, so God help us all.
Nothing is impossible keep praying...

So finally, my second leg of the DV journey begins today. I picked our passports from the courier today.
The visas validity period is from the date of our medicals which we did almost a month ago.
The interview was last week and it was very short:
CO; Can I have picture identification, your national I'd card?
Me
Co; I want to see your wife, can she step forward?she does
CO: Both please raise raise your hands and take the oath-we do, the fingerprints.
CO:I have seen the children, they can go play. we lat them go back to the toys
CO:Any of you, do you have any other children other than these ones. We ...
CO: has any of you been married before? We?......
CO:have you ever applied for us visa befory? We......
CO: If you get this visa where will you go?I.....
CO:You have a family there? I......
CO: everything seems OK so I am approving your visas-congratulations!
CO: here are instructions on how to register with the courier, and these forms, one for each of you on how to pay the USCIS fee. You will get your visas in about a week. Do not open the envelope that comes with the passport.
And that was it people.
congra brother I had my eyes on you !

hellow guys am a selectee from tanzania my case no will b current on may at us embassy in tanzania and am now on my last year university in india whereby probably by may i will have my finals am totally confused what should i go for please i need an option what should i do THANX in advance

hellow guys am a selectee from tanzania my case no will b current on may at us embassy in tanzania and am now on my last year university in india whereby probably by may i will have my finals am totally confused what should i go for please i need an option what should i do THANX in advance
Can you talk to the school to either do your finals early or allow you to take your finals later as you have to travel?. Bottom line is I would not give up the opportunity of the green card as it opens more doors for you. Alternatively, I would still pursue the GC and have my credits transferred to an American University once you settle in the US. You might end up losing a year or two, but I still believe it is worth it.

Who is making travel arrangements in June/July?
We could share a few ideals.I seem not to get good flights ( one stop only with a short transit,bstop over duration) via Abu Dhabi.
DV 2015- keep this thread alive!