• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 KENYA SELECTEES FORUM

So finally, my second leg of the DV journey begins today. I picked our passports from the courier today.
The visas validity period is from the date of our medicals which we did almost a month ago.
The interview was last week and it was very short:
CO; Can I have picture identification, your national I'd card?
Me
Co; I want to see your wife, can she step forward?she does
CO: Both please raise raise your hands and take the oath-we do, the fingerprints.
CO:I have seen the children, they can go play. we lat them go back to the toys
CO:Any of you, do you have any other children other than these ones. We ...
CO: has any of you been married before? We?......
CO:have you ever applied for us visa befory? We......
CO: If you get this visa where will you go?I.....
CO:You have a family there? I......
CO: everything seems OK so I am approving your visas-congratulations!
CO: here are instructions on how to register with the courier, and these forms, one for each of you on how to pay the USCIS fee. You will get your visas in about a week. Do not open the envelope that comes with the passport.
And that was it people.

So finally, my second leg of the DV journey begins today. I picked our passports from the courier today.
The visas validity period is from the date of our medicals which we did almost a month ago.

Me.......
Co; I want to see your wife, can she step forward? she does.

CO: Both please raise your right hands and take the oath. We do, the fingerprints.

CO:I have seen the children, they can go play. we let them go back to the toys.

CO: have you ever applied for us visa befory? We......

CO: here are instructions on how to register with the courier, and these forms, one for each of you on how to pay the USCIS fee. You will get your visas in about a week. Do not open the envelope that comes with the passport.

And that was it people.
congrats bro and all the best. when are you traveling and to which state?

Congratula

Me.......
Co; I want to see your wife, can she step forward? she does.

CO: Both please raise your right hands and take the oath. We do, the fingerprints.

CO:I have seen the children, they can go play. we let them go back to the toys.

CO: have you ever applied for us visa befory? We......

And that was it people.
Congratulations Uskengo!!!

Me
CO: Both please raise raise your hands and take the oath-we do, the fingerprints.
And that was it people.

Congratulations! Good luck with the next step :)

A lot of thanks to Susie, Mom, B.Simon who made our preparations easier and adequate. We were very confident courtesy of this forum.
Appreciation to all in the forum.
In the interview room, I saw one single young lady who was also approved and a family that got into AP.
Most interviewees were non immigrants.

A lot of thanks to Susie, Mom, B.Simon who made our preparations easier and adequate. We were very confident courtesy of this forum.
In the interview room, I saw one single young lady who was also approved and a family that got into AP.

Congratulations @usken go, do have yourself a great life in the US!

Me
And that was it people.
Congrats @usken go ..... All the best in this new chapter in your lives.....

congrats bro and all the best. when are you traveling and to which state?
My host is in MD and I will most likely start there. I am not decided on when to travel as I have a bit of in tray that must be handled. I will be ahead of my family hopefully long enough to get a driving licence and that might be mid or late July.

Hello guys good morning/evening/goodnight depending on the time zone.
just wanted to inform you guys that we reached safely in columbus ohio.
Am grateful to the lord and all you guys who have been with us all through, @Sm1smom, @Britsimon, @SusieQQQ, @DADA, simon all all you guys on the forum,
it was a very good flight, total time 18hrs accounting for time diffrence actual time 25hrs. Our host is great, family is good, so i wld like to wish everyone a great time and those not yet through to keep the faith.
Be blessed.
Congrats to you and Mrs. !
Hope you've settled in well by now. Keep us posted dear. Many thanks. :)

Me
And that was it people.

@usken go Congratulations !!!! Happy for you dear.

@usken go from your interview, it appears that sometimes the CO may question the spouse (who I presume in your case was a derivative) during the interview.

Me
And that was it people.

Congrats man! i remember you when you joind. welcome to america.

My host is in MD and I will most likely start there. I am not decided on when to travel as I have a bit of in tray that must be handled. I will be ahead of my family hopefully long enough to get a driving licence and that might be mid or late July.
When you land please do share about getting Healthcare coverage for you and fam also about school registration and all.....

When you land please do share about getting Healthcare coverage for you and fam also about school registration and all.....

I believe school registration is similar in almost all places. You take proof of residence to the local school board and get assigned a school. I don't think any public schools charge fees in the US.

Healthcare on the other hand will vary widely by individual according to job, income etc.

I believe school registration is similar in almost all places. You take proof of residence to the local school board and get assigned a school. I don't think any public schools charge fees in the US.

Healthcare on the other hand will vary widely by individual according to job, income etc.
I/we will be needing you Susie to Susie on board as you continued to do!