• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 Egyptians meet here

According to The Wall Street Journal (from June 12, hxxp://on.wsj.com/1GJjLO4):
The technical problems affect those who applied for passports overseas after May 26 and those who applied for visas to the U.S. after June 9.
I was on June 16, and still no word.

Perhaps "immigration" is like passports and has been a problem since May 26!

Last edited:
According to this article (hxxp://on.wsj.com/1FMmsxM) just published a few hours ago on The Wall Street Journal, the system was just fixed on June 29. If you recall, last week's reports was on the system having been fixed in only 50 countries. Guess Egypt was not one of them.
All overseas embassies and consulates are able to issue visas again after a system failure earlier this month disrupted their ability to do so across the globe.

Has anyone so far got his visa printed?? The last 2 days
I see from Britsimon sheet that they issued for cases that was ready on late april, and it was less than ten visas, don't know why they still update the cases that got approved with changing dates and no issuance.
I think it will take time to reach june interviews as they have a lot to issue in may

I just see Britsimon response on the blog about the same and he thinks it doesn't mean they will take time to issue May or June as they started with late april cases

I think it will take time to reach june interviews as they have a lot to issue in may
I looked at the data (here) and it shows that almost all April and May were Issued. The drop clearly starts at June 8. Since June 8, AF cases in Cairo were 509. Of these, 399 are Ready, 37 Issued, 46 AP, and 27 Refused.

Between April 1 and June 7, there were 437 cases in Cairo. Of these, 283 were Issued, 57 are Ready, 37 AP and 60 Refused.

Last edited:
So this means we have a backlog of approximatley 445 cases ( ready+Ap cases) ??
The otherthing i observed that the usa embassy website in cairo removed the notification regarding the delay in visa issuing from their offiicial website.
I hope this carries some good news

Well, I think "Ready" includes those that didn't show up or their interview, and the AP cases are not really in the "to-Issue" backlog. I'd say the officer that is to print visas has some 350 case files on her desk.

My wild guess is they're prioritizing the issuing of non-immigrant visas, since a large number of those requesting non-immigrant visas have existing, possibly immediate, travel arrangements. While as an immigrant applicant, you are not supposed to have made travel arrangements.

So this means we have a backlog of approximatley 445 cases ( ready+Ap cases) ??
The otherthing i observed that the usa embassy website in cairo removed the notification regarding the delay in visa issuing from their offiicial website.
I hope this carries some good news
Where? I check the website and still they mention delay and problem in visa issuance

Well, I think "Ready" includes those that didn't show up or their interview, and the AP cases are not really in the "to-Issue" backlog. I'd say the officer that is to print visas has some 350 case files on her desk.

My wild guess is they're prioritizing the issuing of non-immigrant visas, since a large number of those requesting non-immigrant visas have existing, possibly immediate, travel arrangements. While as an immigrant applicant, you are not supposed to have made travel arrangements.
Good explanation but for how long you think this backlog will affect immigrants visa issuance and why they still open cases as implied in change of case updated date?

I think that recent update in ceac, last updated time, refer that it might finish with the end of next week.
Last update for me was 3rd June then changed 2 days ago to 30 June.
However we have nothing to do except waiting

Actually, no visa applicants are supposed to have made travel arrangements before applying, and historically the U.S. has given priority to immigrant visas when there have been issuance problems. I would expect this continues except in cases of demonstrated urgency for non-immigrant visas, which doesn't include just having made travel plans.

From the visitor visa page of DoS: http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/visit/visitor.html
"We cannot guarantee that you will be issued a visa. Do not make final travel plans or buy tickets until you have a visa."

When was your interview, June 3? Did the Last Updated date change, but the status remained "Ready"?
In 27 may and my sudani friend was on the same day in cairo.
And the status remained ready. the Only change was on the last updated field
It was also changed twice. 1st it was 3rd June then in 29 June changed to last updated in 29 June then in 30 June changed again to last updated in 30 June