• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 Egyptians meet here

megoman

Dear All - I wish you all the best during the 2015 DV processing. I thought it's better to have posts from all 2015 DV winners from Egypt as we are all running with AF exception.
*please post here if you passed already an interview earlier, so we can get some from your experience.

yes Egypt is very slow, however your CN is fine. mine is 2015AF26XXX, so i am not sure if i would be lucky till the end !

I think you r in the safe side, last year Egypt cut off was 32500 as i remember..so u r fine. R u from Alex or Cairo?

Well hopefully, i still don't know how the cut-off works, or even the sequence of the CNs, but let's pray for the best. i am not in Egypt

I'm originally from Alex but i'm currently living out of Egypt as well. Do you have an idea whether if we need to translate the marriage certificate & birth certificates & school, university certificates as well to provide all at the day of the interview to the US Embassy in Cairo ??? Also should we pay 330 usd for each family member in the embassy or in CIB Bank prior to the interview???

it depends on the country of your residence and your interview location as well. I am not sure if they ask for a translation in Cairo or not, but once i was reading in the forums that it's not, however i am still not in a position to confirm such thing.
Have you requested to change the interview location to Cairo ?

it depends on the country of your residence and your interview location as well. I am not sure if they ask for a translation in Cairo or not, but once i was reading in the forums that it's not, however i am still not in a position to confirm such thing.
Have you requested to change the interview location to Cairo ?
No i don't need to change it as I have mentioned Cairo from the beginning already to be my interview location.

Um a DV 2015 Winner from Egypt , my case num is AF205** , in a response to questions asked by (sam16xxx) , actually u have to translate your civil documents at any certified translation office like ( nadoory and nahas ) in garden city , Cairo ,,you don't have to accredit your civil documents from the Egyptian ministry of foreign affairs , just only the translation .... about the fees payments >>> there's no such payments in CIB bank or in any financial institution, the payments of the embassy fees ($330) is gonna be at the American embassy itself during the day of appointment , and consider $330 for each applicant related to the winner ( child , spouse) included in winner's DS-260 form , not only for the winner .
After the appointment and the receipt of the visa , you gotta pay $165 for the green card fees and also the payments is $165 for each member in family through UCIS website by your master card :)

Um a DV 2015 Winner from Egypt , my case num is AF205** , in a response to questions asked by (sam16xxx) , actually u have to translate your civil documents at any certified translation office like ( nadoory and nahas ) in garden city , Cairo ,,you don't have to accredit your civil documents from the Egyptian ministry of foreign affairs , just only the translation .... about the fees payments >>> there's no such payments in CIB bank or in any financial institution, the payments of the embassy fees ($330) is gonna be at the American embassy itself during the day of appointment , and consider $330 for each applicant related to the winner ( child , spouse) included in winner's DS-260 form , not only for the winner .
After the appointment and the receipt of the visa , you gotta pay $165 for the green card fees and also the payments is $165 for each member in family through UCIS website by your master card :)

Thank you Bass-monore37 for your clear reply. I have already translated all my civil doc in the ministry of Justice in LAZOGHLY then notarized by ministry of foreign affairs any way. Hv u heard about any interviews have done in Cairo till now? Seems going very slowly this year because of the backlog they are facing, hoping they will adjust and add good numbers of current selectees in the coming months.

Thank you Bass-monore37 for your clear reply. I have already translated all my civil doc in the ministry of Justice in LAZOGHLY then notarized by ministry of foreign affairs any way. Hv u heard about any interviews have done in Cairo till now? Seems going very slowly this year because of the backlog they are facing, hoping they will adjust and add good numbers of current selectees in the coming months.

http://egypt.usembassy.gov/mobile//consular/iv8.html
There is the interview schedule for cairo embassy, but unfortunately we can not trace them on the ceac yet...

Today i heard that some interviews has been scheduled started from today , but unfortunately as we see the recent visa bulletins till this month is going slowly , hope it's gonna be fasten in the next months , I think this delay because of the new computerized system implemented in Kentucky visa center rather than processing applications manually , So The changes in the routine system will cause some delay for the employees to get adopted with the new system , anyway don't worry , just trace the visa bulletin at the 9th of each month and when your CN included in numbers range , check status with your confirmation number every day ... keep connected guys :)

Attachments

• 1901916_1497288330542621_8731982442197240434_n.jpg
    1901916_1497288330542621_8731982442197240434_n.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 155
December 2014 Visa Bulletin...Still very slow for Egypt....only 1500 more.....

Attachments

• December 2014 Visa Bulletin.pdf
    323.6 KB · Views: 11
still waiting for the Jump in numbers but nothing happened, usually the jump in January but this is not a jump, what is make me wonder why Ethiopia numbers are getting the jump and not Egypt, I`m afraid that Egypt may suffer like Nigeria before,I don`t recall the year but it was 16000 until the last month of the year.

Hiiii!!! I'm a veteran winner from Egypt, now in America for a year. Just thought I would stop by and wish you good luck. It's so very good here you would feel depressed when you go back to visit Egypt! Cheers :)

Hiiii!!! I'm a veteran winner from Egypt, now in America for a year. Just thought I would stop by and wish you good luck. It's so very good here you would feel depressed when you go back to visit Egypt! Cheers :)
Thanks man, how is things going on in the US and what state you livin in?

Thanks man, how is things going on in the US and what state you livin in?

Orlando, Florida. Everything is clean and safe, driving is an absolute joy, people are friendly (except in certain areas that you should avoid), and dealing with government offices to get any documentation or even registering your car will leave you laughing hysterically because of how easy and quick it is! Nothing like the struggling and fighting and bribe payments that we have to do all the time in Egypt :D