• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 AOS Only

Hello All,
I filed I-485 concurrently with I-131 and I-765. I received my EAD/AP combo in May.
Recently, 06/30/2015, I interviewed for I-485 and the officer said everything was fine, and said she would approve after a final quick check the very same day.
A few days after the interview, on 4th of July, I received e-mail and SMS alerts for my I-765 application. When I login to my case status page,
(i) for I-765 application: I see that my card was mailed to me in April but the date of last update is 07/04/2015;
(ii) for I-485 application: no update since 02/23/2015.
I called USCIS CSC and the officer says that my I-485 application is within the processing time and all I should do is wait.
Do you have any recommendation? Did you experience similar unusual activities recently?

Thanks,

It could be a system mix-up, all you can do for now is to wait and see what shows up in the mail in the next couple of days.

I have the same thing. It caused no issues and I successfully adjusted status despite the fact that I was not even in the country according to their system...

That's a huge relief (although I would be lying if I said it didn't irk me a little bit that an issue as big as this with US customs and border protection not only happens, but seems so common!)

Thank you so much for your help!

My interview date is this up coming Wednesday at 8.30 but my husband got an interview at 8.AM even if I was a principal.
I checked the Timeline on the separate sheet and notice that some of this forum members will be interview on the same date. Moreover, we got the interview letter at the same time. What a coincidence!

Im pretty excited now.

That's a huge relief (although I would be lying if I said it didn't irk me a little bit that an issue as big as this with US customs and border protection not only happens, but seems so common!)

Thank you so much for your help!
It was also the case for my wife but our officer said no problem

My interview date is this up coming Wednesday at 8.30 but my husband got an interview at 8.AM even if I was a principal.
I checked the Timeline on the separate sheet and notice that some of this forum members will be interview on the same date. Moreover, we got the interview letter at the same time. What a coincidence!

Im pretty excited now.
Wait!! Husband and wife can get different interview dates? I thought they interview both together

Hello Mom

I am preparing my AoS package, and have some questions:

1-Should photocopy of my passport and Birth ID be color copy, or black and white is enough?

2-Should I make copy of all pages of Passport, or the "Bio page" is enough?

3-I did not staple anything, but used Sheet Protectors to separate different parts (according to the google spreadsheet). Is it OK to use sheet protector?

Thank you for your answer in advance.

Hello Mom

I am preparing my AoS package, and have some questions:

1-Should photocopy of my passport and Birth ID be color copy, or black and white is enough?

2-Should I make copy of all pages of Passport, or the "Bio page" is enough?

3-I did not staple anything, but used Sheet Protectors to separate different parts (according to the google spreadsheet). Is it OK to use sheet protector?

Thank you for your answer in advance.

1. Doesn't matter. The most important thing is to have clear legible copies.

2. Bio page only, and any other page with a U.S. visa on it.

3. Yes.

Hi All,

I went for my biometrics walk-in today. I received my bio letter on Jul 3rd, but since my actual appointment was not scheduled until the 17th I figured it couldn't hurt to get it out of the way, even though I know it probably wont have much or even any effect on my timeline.

To share my experience in case it's helpful to anyone else: I arrived early (just after 8am) and was initially turned away by the security guard at the front due my biometrics form not being dated as today. After some talking he told me to talk to the manager. The ASC manager initially also told me to come back on the appointment date and that they don't do walk-ins at all, and if I couldn't make it to call the number on the form. After some convincing I was however able to change his mind, and he crossed out the existing date on my form and stamped today's date in its place (and I think maybe signed below it as well, although it sort of just looks like a scribble!)

After this, the rest of the process was very straight forward, and I got my fingerprints taken and photo done without issue (the biometrics form was stamped and dated again, as I assume is standard). All in all the process took about 3 hours + travel time.

I also got the affidavit of support signed along with the W-2/passport scan done yesterday too (as mentioned in my previous post, I had not included it in my AOS package mostly due to bad advice given to me by my former lawyer, but wanted to get it for the interview just in case the bank statements/savings I sent in the AOS package are not enough, especially since I am on F1). I guess now all that's left is waiting for the IL and Interview, which is quite nerve-wracking this late into the FY!!

As one last thing: I had made an infopass appointment for July 20th as scheduling an appointment at my FO is very difficult, and I wanted one for insurance incase something catastrophically bad happened (since you can of course cancel). If I dont get an IL by then (which would be +2 weeks form biometrics and +1 month from my notification of acceptance letter) would people recommend going anyway? The FO is only an hour away from where I live so its not that inconvenient, and from reading this thread it seems that worst case, they'll just not answer anything and give me generic responses with no harm done. Is this right?

Last edited:
Hi All,

I went for my biometrics walk-in today. I received my bio letter on Jul 3rd, but since my actual appointment was not scheduled until the 17th I figured it couldn't hurt to get it out of the way, even though I know it probably wont have much or even any effect on my timeline.

To share my experience in case it's helpful to anyone else: I arrived early (just after 8am) and was initially turned away by the security guard at the front due my biometrics form not being dated as today. After some talking he told me to talk to the manager. The ASC manager initially also told me to come back on the appointment date and that they don't do walk-ins at all, and if I couldn't make it to call the number on the form. After some convincing I was however able to change his mind, and he crossed out the existing date on my form and stamped today's date in its place (and I think maybe signed below it as well, although it sort of just looks like a scribble!)

After this, the rest of the process was very straight forward, and I got my fingerprints taken and photo done without issue (the biometrics form was stamped and dated again, as I assume is standard). All in all the process took about 3 hours + travel time.

I also got the affidavit of support signed along with the W-2/passport scan done yesterday too (as mentioned in my previous post, I had not included it in my AOS package mostly due to bad advice given to me by my former lawyer, but wanted to get it for the interview just in case the bank statements/savings I sent in the AOS package are not enough, especially since I am on F1). I guess now all that's left is waiting for the IL and Interview, which is quite nerve-wracking this late into the FY!!

As one last thing: I had made an infopass appointment for July 20th as scheduling an appointment at my FO is very difficult, and I wanted one for insurance incase something catastrophically bad happened (since you can of course cancel). If I dont get an IL by then (which would be +2 weeks form biometrics and +1 month from my notification of acceptance letter) would people recommend going anyway? The FO is only an hour away from where I live so its not that inconvenient, and from reading this thread it seems that worst case, they'll just not answer anything and give me generic responses with no harm done. Is this right?

Keep the appointment if the IL hasn't shown up by then, no harm in trying.

Keep the appointment if the IL hasn't shown up by then, no harm in trying.

Thank you again! The advice you (as well as Britsimon) have given in this thread (even in the past not directed to me, since so much of it has still been applicable) has been so helpful, I feel I would have been so lost if it weren't for it :)

We just got out of our interview with my wife and I think our experience will be very useful for others. It didn't go as easy as other people's and if you are married, you should read this:

Our interview times were at 8:00 and 8:30am for me and my wife respectively. We checked in and the officer found us in the waiting room after about 15 minutes of waiting (she recognized us because of the pictures in our files). We walked to her room and she opened up our binders. She was a very nice lady. She checked our passports (old and new; old one having all the visas). She asked our names, DOB, birth place, parents' names. She checked our birth certificates, both Turkish version and the translation. She checked our marriage certificate. She went through the files in our binders and asked us our last date of entries. She went through that standard list of questions like 'were you in a military, have you committed a crime, etc'. We said no to all of them. Then she asked if we have any other document proving our marriage. We didn't have anything other than IRS transcripts and bank statements (which she already had). She said she will send a request for evidence in mail. I said I have apartment lease and car insurance information but in electronic format. I asked if I can email them to her and she said sure. I emailed both documents and she printed them for us and put them in our binders. She said everything looks fine and with the additional documents our case should be approved. She said our case will be reviewed and if it requires any further documents, we will receive request for evidence but she didn't think it will be the case and we will have our cards within a few weeks. Interview took total 30 minutes or so.

Long story short: if you are applying with your spouse, bring additional documents like lease, insurance cards, bank statements, etc. to the interview. We didn't know and our case would be delayed if the officer didn't let us email them to her.

Hopefully this will be useful for other applicants.

Good luck!
Engin

So both of you interviewed together or separately? I will also have the same issue so its good to know that we should carry all the documents. Wonder they would accept the photographs of the wedding as other form of documents. (Just a thought did u guys get married recently?)

So both of you interviewed together or separately? I will also have the same issue so its good to know that we should carry all the documents. Wonder they would accept the photographs of the wedding as other form of documents. (Just a thought did u guys get married recently?)

We were interviewed together. We got married 4 years ago (yesterday was our anniversary actually). I think photos would be good too.

We just got out of our interview with my wife and I think our experience will be very useful for others. It didn't go as easy as other people's and if you are married, you should read this:

Our interview times were at 8:00 and 8:30am for me and my wife respectively. We checked in and the officer found us in the waiting room after about 15 minutes of waiting (she recognized us because of the pictures in our files). We walked to her room and she opened up our binders. She was a very nice lady. She checked our passports (old and new; old one having all the visas). She asked our names, DOB, birth place, parents' names. She checked our birth certificates, both Turkish version and the translation. She checked our marriage certificate. She went through the files in our binders and asked us our last date of entries. She went through that standard list of questions like 'were you in a military, have you committed a crime, etc'. We said no to all of them. Then she asked if we have any other document proving our marriage. We didn't have anything other than IRS transcripts and bank statements (which she already had). She said she will send a request for evidence in mail. I said I have apartment lease and car insurance information but in electronic format. I asked if I can email them to her and she said sure. I emailed both documents and she printed them for us and put them in our binders. She said everything looks fine and with the additional documents our case should be approved. She said our case will be reviewed and if it requires any further documents, we will receive request for evidence but she didn't think it will be the case and we will have our cards within a few weeks. Interview took total 30 minutes or so.

Long story short: if you are applying with your spouse, bring additional documents like lease, insurance cards, bank statements, etc. to the interview. We didn't know and our case would be delayed if the officer didn't let us email them to her.

Hopefully this will be useful for other applicants.

Good luck!
Engin

Merhaba Engin,

Another Turkish citizen here.
My wife and I also had an interview recently (6/30/15). Maybe I missed that but: did the officer tell you which particular documents she will ask in the (further) evidence request letter? From what I understand from your story, you seem to be all set when you e-mailed the documents.
Similarly in my interview: the officer told us that we seem to be all set, but she said she would take another look at our files in the afternoon (the same day) and approve if everything is fine, otherwise she said she would send a letter for further evidence. No update* since then (it's been more than a week).

Thanks,

There was a weird "update" that I explained. Mom said it was probably a system mix-up. I will ask in an infopass today.

Thank you Sm1smom and eveyone on the forum. My interview went very well. I am waiting on the greencard to be mailed. I had my interview in July 2nd. My case status in USCIS site still says "Fingerprints Fee Received". Does any one know how long does it usually takes for Greencard to be mailed? Whether if USCIS site has been having problems updating the status? Also, interview is the last process of deciding whether if you are receiving a greencard or not, right? I am concerned because i have been planning on visiting my family very soon and won't be able to do that unless i have greencard in my hands. Thank you everyone again. You guys have always been very helpful.

Merhaba Engin,

Another Turkish citizen here.
My wife and I also had an interview recently (6/30/15). Maybe I missed that but: did the officer tell you which particular documents she will ask in the (further) evidence request letter? From what I understand from your story, you seem to be all set when you e-mailed the documents.
Similarly in my interview: the officer told us that we seem to be all set, but she said she would take another look at our files in the afternoon (the same day) and approve if everything is fine, otherwise she said she would send a letter for further evidence. No update* since then (it's been more than a week).

Thanks,

There was a weird "update" that I explained. Mom said it was probably a system mix-up. I will ask in an infopass today.

Merhaba :)

She was asking for lease and insurance. I can't think of anything else. Maybe you can check forums where people share experiences with green card through marriage. I am pretty sure they can provide a detailed list of items that can be used as proof of marriage.

Merhaba :)

She was asking for lease and insurance. I can't think of anything else. Maybe you can check forums where people share experiences with green card through marriage. I am pretty sure they can provide a detailed list of items that can be used as proof of marriage.

I see, thanks for the info and other insights.
BTW ours is also through DV Lottery. (adjusting from J-1 to GC)

Hi, today when I was revieving my I-485 form I noticed at the top right of the first page is written "Expires 06/30/15", what does this mean? we cannot use this from anymore ?