• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 AOS Only

Just 3 questions:
1- fist time I got the approval notes in 45 days for the student visa. This time now 65 days and no answer. Do you have any advise how I can get renew the driving license? It finishing within 10 days.
2- if I got the approval as I pray for that, is it make any problem for applying AOS? As you know I submitted DS-260 on June before applying for the 2nd time extension ( I don't know the situation according what you describe in the immigration intent) .
3- if the student visa denied, can I switch to CP? Is it make daly in my interview or make any problem in general? I remind you I'm 25,xxx Egypt.
I appreciate your opinion.

1. Visit the DMV office with NOA for your status extension, they will issue you with a temporary (paper) license which is usually valid for about 4 weeks. You can always go back to renew if the temporary one gets close to its expiry date and you still haven't heard back from USCIS.

2. If it gets approved, you probably might be okay for AOS, although I would expect the IO to ask more questions about your stay at the time of the interview. I would be pleasantly surprised if the status extension gets surprised, like I told you before, because I remember you mentioned you had indicated the reason for the extension was to enable you process AOS based on your DV selection. You'll just have to wait and see.

3. Yes you may switch to CP if the extension request gets denied. It may or may not cause a delay with regards to the interview schedule, I don't know.

Many thanks, I am waiting and hope to get it least my kids finish their school. But if they don't reply by February I'm going to switch to cp. To save time. Some people it took 5-7 months to get the extension approval. God us faithful and good all the times.
Thanks again

You're definitely on track, fingers crossed for you.
Hi

Finally received my IL today actually I got four IL same date different hours for me at 9:15 for my wife at 10:30 and 2 kids (11,8) at 11:15.

1. Should it be like that ?
  2. Do I need to take my kids to the interview ?

Hi

Finally received my IL today actually I got four IL same date different hours for me at 9:15 for my wife at 10:30 and 2 kids (11,8) at 11:15.

Congrats. Mine was also different times. Just all turn up for the earliest appointment and you will go in together.

Hi

That's great! Congratulations. Yes, you all need to attend the interview, disregard the different times indicated, show up for the 9:15 am time. The new INFOPASS appointment that you've already booked, is it before or after your interview date? If it's before, you need to cancel it.

How do I know what is my field office? The USCIS office in which I did my fingerprint is different than the office my infopass appointment has been scheduled for. Is that normal?

How do I know what is my field office? The USCIS office in which I did my fingerprint is different than the office my infopass appointment has been scheduled for. Is that normal?
It is normal. You do biometrics at the ASC (Application Support Center), not at the USCIS office

It is normal. You do biometrics at the ASC (Application Support Center), not at the USCIS office
One of my friends had his interview in the center I did my fingerprint. That is why I got confused when my infopass was sceduled in another center!

One of my friends had his interview in the center I did my fingerprint. That is why I got confused when my infopass was sceduled in another center!

I guess interviews can be held at Application Support Centers as well, if your friend did it. However, it is usually at an USCIS office

My file was originally sent to the same office where I had my fingerprints, and the interview would have been at that same office - but it got sent to another office because the first office has temporarily closed down. When I booked the info pass online I could choose which office to go to and both my current FO and the previous office were listed as well as a couple of other locations - if you were trying to determine which is your FO for the interview it may well be where you had the fingerprinting or another location closeby.

My file was originally sent to the same office where I had my fingerprints, and the interview would have been at that same office - but it got sent to another office because the first office has temporarily closed down. When I booked the info pass online I could choose which office to go to and both my current FO and the previous office were listed as well as a couple of other locations - if you were trying to determine which is your FO for the interview it may well be where you had the fingerprinting or another location closeby.
The infopass system did not give me options to select a center from. Just picked this one for me, I guess based on my zip code! Now not sure if the guys in this new center may have access to my file to answer my questions?

I had an infopass for Feb 9. Last night ~11:00 I was checking on infopass availability for sooner dates and luckily I saw one for Today. I tried to cancel Feb 9 infopass and book Today's infopass, which ofcourse, system didn't allow unless I enter PIN associated with infopass. Earlier when I book Feb 9 infopass, I didn't save the appointment webpage. I thought, since infopass page can be retrieved anytime, I could retrieve it later too when I need (Lesson: never disregard the first infopass webpage as this is the only page that will give you pin. You can retrieve appointment letter later onwards, but without PIN.) Anyways, I did figure out a way I could get another infopass and I went to field office Today:cool:.
So when my number was called, the officer asked me for I-485 NOA and passport. All the time I was standing there, he was checking on his system/computer, going to different room and his cubicle. I thought I would let him do his work first without disturbing and would then shoot few questions sequentially about my case's pending interview. He didn't asked me what questions I had and he didn't even asked me any further information. After ~5-6 minutes he told me (not asked me!!!) that I was waiting for interview letter. Then he began working on his way again. Finally he printed out interview letter for me and asked me to verify informations on letter and come on the specifed date for interview. For Some reason, He didn't see in his system that I had I-485 case for my wife too. I asked him about my wife's interview letter and then he printed one for her too, which is on the same date but at different time ( 1 hour apart) similar to as what @Red77 mentioned.
Finally at the end, I got chance to ask him one question: Whether FO has received my file (DS260) from KCC? He said he doesn't knows about that and can't check on the system. He told me to inquire this to the interview officer on interview date.

I had an infopass for Feb 9. Last night ~11:00 I was checking on infopass availability for sooner dates and luckily I saw one for Today. I tried to cancel Feb 9 infopass and book Today's infopass, which ofcourse, system didn't allow unless I enter PIN associated with infopass. Earlier when I book Feb 9 infopass, I didn't save the appointment webpage. I thought, since infopass page can be retrieved anytime, I could retrieve it later too when I need (Lesson: never disregard the first infopass webpage as this is the only page that will give you pin. You can retrieve appointment letter later onwards, but without PIN.) Anyways, I did figure out a way I could get another infopass and I went to field office Today:cool:.
So when my number was called, the officer asked me for I-485 NOA and passport. All the time I was standing there, he was checking on his system/computer, going to different room and his cubicle. I thought I would let him do his work first without disturbing and would then shoot few questions sequentially about my case's pending interview. He didn't asked me what questions I had and he didn't even asked me any further information. After ~5-6 minutes he told me (not asked me!!!) that I was waiting for interview letter. Then he began working on his way again. Finally he printed out interview letter for me and asked me to verify informations on letter and come on the specifed date for interview. For Some reason, He didn't see in his system that I had I-485 case for my wife too. I asked him about my wife's interview letter and then he printed one for her too, which is on the same date but at different time ( 1 hour apart) similar to as what @Red77 mentioned.
Finally at the end, I got chance to ask him one question: Whether FO has received my file (DS260) from KCC? He said he doesn't knows about that and can't check on the system. He told me to inquire this to the interview officer on interview date.

This is good! You achieved a lot more with your INFOPASS than most people do or have done in the past which I think is fantastic. Now, you just wait for your interview on Feb.11th - you can still call KCC to find out the status of your file, but don't sweat it if they can't confirm whether it's been sent or not. You can always verify that at the end of your interview.

Good luck!

Wow that's great news! I didn't even know they did that, handing out interview letters at info passes and judging by mom's comment its a rare occurence, good for you :)

This is good! You achieved a lot more with your INFOPASS than most people do or have done in the past which I think is fantastic. Now, you just wait for your interview on Feb.11th - you can still call KCC to find out the status of your file, but don't sweat it if they can't confirm whether it's been sent or not. You can always verify that at the end of your interview.

Good luck!
thank you mom. Actually I did call KCC and they told me my files were already sent on 31st December. I was only trying to make sure if KCC sent my file to the right email address, as what we saw with @faith100 's case. But yeah, like you suggested, I will verify on the interview day. Thank you for your guidance.

Wow that's great news! I didn't even know they did that, handing out interview letters at info passes and judging by mom's comment its a rare occurence, good for you :)
I remember earlier when you wrote " the snooze/go away button was so tempting but I stayed strong ".....so did I :D my 5 hrs to-fro drive is well paid. :)

The infopass system did not give me options to select a center from. Just picked this one for me, I guess based on my zip code! Now not sure if the guys in this new center may have access to my file to answer my questions?

Based on my infopass and that my file was originally at another location, yet the officer could see all the history regarding my case my assumption would be that they will be able to see your case in their system for sure, especially if based on your zip code you didn't have any other centre as an option, so this must be the right one.

If you're already fully committed to processing AOS, there's nothing stopping you from making the payment now.
Hello,
While posting the DV fee the istruction says- "DV case number noted on the cashier’s check or money order". Where in the money order should I write this?
Thanks a ton

Based on my infopass and that my file was originally at another location, yet the officer could see all the history regarding my case my assumption would be that they will be able to see your case in their system for sure, especially if based on your zip code you didn't have any other centre as an option, so this must be the right one.
Sounds very good! Thanks for sharing this!

Has anyone used the online service request query tool to find out what is happening with their case? I was thinking of doing it since my IL has not turned up but I don't know if it would be of any use, can't seem to get an info pass for now either, whenever I check there isn't anything available.