• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 AOS Only

Hi Mom, Hi Simon
Quick question: I got an email 3 days ago stating that my card was mailed to me. This was not followed by a tracking number or anything. Card has not showed up yet.
My husband on the other hand did not even receive (the card was mailed) email. Should we be concerned? It's been 10 days since the interview. Cause I see complaints on the net about cards being lost/not received, so I am wondering. We did however receive our 2 welcome letters. Thanks 4 your advice.

The special processing is stated policy (http://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/USCIS/Laws/Memoranda/2013/August/DV-Related I-485 Applications .pdf) and historically proven - check the previous years processing timelines in Moms spreadsheets.
Hi Britsimon, thanks for this response.
I am also having an Infopass next Monday because of no interview letter. My concern is that I am going to get the same senseless response I have been getting so far. That is, the processing time is 9-12 months and since it's in the processing time they don't care. I have read the memo you referenced, however I am not sure if it spells out explicitly that DV cases should be processed faster. Or my English is not good enough to read between the lines.
Is there any way I can show them that they are supposed to process these faster? Something I can print out and show them? Or is there a paragraph in this memo I am missing?
When I tried to talk to the lady at the FO last time using the "what is the hold up" approach she said everything was fine and I just had to wait. However it was clear that she didn't know what she was talking about. If I get someone like that again, is there any way I can ask for someone with more experience or another IO or supervisor or second level of customer service?
Please let me know. Thanks!

Hi Mom, Hi Simon
Quick question: I got an email 3 days ago stating that my card was mailed to me. This was not followed by a tracking number or anything. Card has not showed up yet.
My husband on the other hand did not even receive (the card was mailed) email. Should we be concerned? It's been 10 days since the interview. Cause I see complaints on the net about cards being lost/not received, so I am wondering. We did however receive our 2 welcome letters. Thanks 4 your advice.

It's too early to be concerned. Wait a week....

Hi Britsimon, thanks for this response.
I am also having an Infopass next Monday because of no interview letter. My concern is that I am going to get the same senseless response I have been getting so far. That is, the processing time is 9-12 months and since it's in the processing time they don't care. I have read the memo you referenced, however I am not sure if it spells out explicitly that DV cases should be processed faster. Or my English is not good enough to read between the lines.
Is there any way I can show them that they are supposed to process these faster? Something I can print out and show them? Or is there a paragraph in this memo I am missing?
When I tried to talk to the lady at the FO last time using the "what is the hold up" approach she said everything was fine and I just had to wait. However it was clear that she didn't know what she was talking about. If I get someone like that again, is there any way I can ask for someone with more experience or another IO or supervisor or second level of customer service?
Please let me know. Thanks!

The memo spells out the guidance that the FOs should balance their workload to make sure all cases get processed before the end of the year - but also gives examples of allowing the early submission before the beginning of the year. There is nothing that says all DV cases have to be adjudicated in some specific shorter timeframe but the inference is clear and the reality is normally that DV cases are faster. Given that you are not about to sunset you cannot complain too loudly that they are not following the guidance. And in the same way the delay isn't really a problem. So - you have to decide how much fuss you want to make when the delay is not really an issue, more an annoyance.

So - have the infopass. Use the checklist approach and if all the things are ready you can ask what they are waiting for...

The memo spells out the guidance that the FOs should balance their workload to make sure all cases get processed before the end of the year - but also gives examples of allowing the early submission before the beginning of the year. There is nothing that says all DV cases have to be adjudicated in some specific shorter timeframe but the inference is clear and the reality is normally that DV cases are faster. Given that you are not about to sunset you cannot complain too loudly that they are not following the guidance. And in the same way the delay isn't really a problem. So - you have to decide how much fuss you want to make when the delay is not really an issue, more an annoyance.

So - have the infopass. Use the checklist approach and if all the things are ready you can ask what they are waiting for...
Okay, that sounds good, thanks. Others had luck with their appointments recently, so I am hoping for the best.

Hi Mom, Hi Simon

It will update again..my EAD card did the same thing, first it was updated with card has been mailed out..then later on another update with slight wording change that it had been picked up by the post office and this time a tracking # was included..I imagine it will be the same with the GC..I know you must be anxious to just have them already, little bit more to wait! :)

It will update again..my EAD card did the same thing, first it was updated with card has been mailed out..then later on another update with slight wording change that it had been picked up by the post office and this time a tracking # was included..I imagine it will be the same with the GC..I know you must be anxious to just have them already, little bit more to wait! :)
Yes in fact I opened our mailbox after posting my last message (second check of the day) and found my green card there:D:D:Dbut not my husband's. We are almost there.:) Will wait to see what happens with it next week. At least now I know not to expect the tracking number cause one was not sent for my card.:) Good week end to all!

Yes in fact I opened our mailbox after posting my last message (second check of the day) and found my green card there:D:D:Dbut not my husband's. We are almost there.:) Will wait to see what happens with it next week. At least now I know not to expect the tracking number cause one was not sent for my card.:) Good week end to all!

Yeah the online updates are odd sometimes they work and other times they don't, I've read that people had already had their oath ceremony (for citizenship) and the thing still showed "testing and interview" status lol. Your husband's card can't be far behind. Enjoy the weekend and the new status! :)

Yeah the online updates are odd sometimes they work and other times they don't, I've read that people had already had their oath ceremony (for citizenship) and the thing still showed "testing and interview" status lol. Your husband's card can't be far behind. Enjoy the weekend and the new status! :)
Merci ndubs ;)

You are psychic, I just did update it, hihi. Was so looking forward to this moment. Thank God! Looking forward to your own update soon as well. Best wishes

Yay :) I really hope so! God willing I (and all of us) won't be too far behind.

Hi Guys,
one more thing...
KCC told me that they have sent the file on 31 Dec for sure.
Local field officer told me that file is here for a long time ago since October...and I just have to wait to my case to be processed.
I have contacted the senate office, explained my situation. He has been told by local field office that they have ordered the KCC to send the files and without files they cannot schedule an interview date.
So, who is telling me the truth, and where the files are...is my question.
Any suggestion for me to do?

Hi Guys,
one more thing...
KCC told me that they have sent the file on 31 Dec for sure.
Local field officer told me that file is here for a long time ago since October...and I just have to wait to my case to be processed.
I have contacted the senate office, explained my situation. He has been told by local field office that they have ordered the KCC to send the files and without files they cannot schedule an interview date.
So, who is telling me the truth, and where the files are...is my question.
Any suggestion for me to do?
Unfortunately in recent weeks, KCC has given a lot of contradictory info. So based on someone's recent experience here (check a few posts above, can't remember who posted) schedule an infopass, ask your field office to resend the request for your file to KCC and have them double check the email address with KCC to ensure it is corect. You could also keep calling KCC every other day to let them know your FO has not received the files---Mom & Simon will probably have better advice for you but that's my 2cents. Best wishes

Last edited:
Considering that you only filed in December, I feel it's early to be going for an INFOPASS, but it's your call.

Hello Mom!

I have a question. Today I called to KCC and I was said that my file was requested by my FO on January,28 but it is still in process. Would you recommend me to make an Infopass appointment and when? Or I should wait for IL.

Thank you!

I just got off the phone with KCC who told me they sent my file to the FO on January 23rd, which was the day after the infopass. Is it safe to assume I should receive the IL soon?

Also, Mom/Simon - when the FO contacts KCC, how do they request our file, is it by asking for the file for our specific lottery number? (as we would have submitted the lottery letter within the I-485 pack)

Hello Mom!

I have a question. Today I called to KCC and I was said that my file was requested by my FO on January,28 but it is still in process. Would you recommend me to make an Infopass appointment and when? Or I should wait for IL.

Thank you!

You can go ahead and schedule the INFOPASS appointment, the outcome can't be worse than where you currently are.

I just got off the phone with KCC who told me they sent my file to the FO on January 23rd, which was the day after the infopass. Is it safe to assume I should receive the IL soon?

Also, Mom/Simon - when the FO contacts KCC, how do they request our file, is it by asking for the file for our specific lottery number? (as we would have submitted the lottery letter within the I-485 pack)

Nothing wrong with keeping your fingers crossed and hoping the IL gets sent shortly.

As for how the file is requested from KCC, I don't know. And I think you're beginning to over think the process. The most important thing is for the file to be requested, as to the exact wording/format of the request, I really don't think that's something we need to be stressing over.