• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 AOS Only

Hum! I was under the impression that 30-60-90 rules only applies to adjustment of status, not filing of ds 260 for claiming a lottery visa. I was in united states till June 1, then re-entered on June 14. Initially thought I would get my CO interview by Nov/Dec. I am a medical residency applicant for this year, and interview season runs from Nov-Feb. Unfortunately , my permit will remain valid up until 13 dec 2014. The problem is that I already have an interview scheduled on Feb. So I want to be back to states by then. Besides, GC before 3rd week of February will help my chances to get into residency training program here as well.
As I have already entered on B2 two times and also with the ds-260 filing, I think chances of visa extension or re-admission is pretty low. Choosing extension is only option if I get other interviews in January and late December as well. Lot of future process will become easier for me. I appreciate your response, and anxious to hear what Mom has to say in my case.

Hello Guys,

My wife and i have received the receipt number from USCIS NBC office but there is one problem. My wife had filed Family Based permanent resident on sept 2013 through her sister. In her receipt which they sent for AOS process of DV 2015, they have put Priority date as sept, 2013 and preference classification as "Family based 4th". In my receipt, both sections are blank. I am not sure what should be there for the DV lottery 2015 applicants. Can anyone share what they have got in these section. Do we need to contact USCIS or NBC ? Does this affect our AOS process? our case number is less and current as of october. We have not received anything after this from NBC. They issued this receipt number on Oct 20, 2014. Any suggestion and information would be appreciated.

Xenon.

Something is not right here. The priority date on the NOA should have been Oct 1st, 2014 since you're current in Oct. when did you send in your DV based AOS package? Who is the DV selectee? Is it your wife? I think you need to pay a visit to your FO to get them to sort out this mix up.

Something is not right here. The priority date on the NOA should have been Oct 1st, 2014 since you're current in Oct. when did you send in your DV based AOS package? Who is the DV selectee? Is it your wife? I think you need to pay a visit to your FO to get them to sort out this mix up.
Hi Mom,

My wife is the DV selectee. We have sent our AOS package on sept 31, 2014 and it was received on Oct 2, 2014. We got NOA on Oct 21, 2014. We received the paper based NOA on Oct 24, 2o14. Our FO is based on Virginia, do you think she should go over there to sort this out. Currently they have not sent out packages to FO also. We are still waiting for biometrics. She called to the number provided in NOA and they just told her to wait for another 30 days. In the meantime they will be sending update to NBC. Do I need to call them separately too since in my NOA its blank.

Thank you
Xenon

Hi Mom,

My wife is the DV selectee. We have sent our AOS package on sept 31, 2014 and it was received on Oct 2, 2014. We got NOA on Oct 21, 2014. We received the paper based NOA on Oct 24, 2o14. Our FO is based on Virginia, do you think she should go over there to sort this out. Currently they have not sent out packages to FO also. We are still waiting for biometrics. She called to the number provided in NOA and they just told her to wait for another 30 days. In the meantime they will be sending update to NBC. Do I need to call them separately too since in my NOA its blank.

Thank you
Xenon

Okay, since this is a rather very recent development, and your FO doesn't have your case files yet, you might want to wait a bit. However, while you're waiting, and in view of the fact that infopass appointments are hard to get, I suggest you and your wife go ahead and book an appointment now to take place in about 3 weeks' time so that if you haven't received updated NOAs by then you go ahead and keep the appointment. You don't have to make a separate call, your wife as the PA should be covering everything whenever she makes contact.

Hum! I was under the impression that 30-60-90 rules only applies to adjustment of status, not filing of ds 260 for claiming a lottery visa. I was in united states till June 1, then re-entered on June 14. Initially thought I would get my CO interview by Nov/Dec. I am a medical residency applicant for this year, and interview season runs from Nov-Feb. Unfortunately , my permit will remain valid up until 13 dec 2014. The problem is that I already have an interview scheduled on Feb. So I want to be back to states by then. Besides, GC before 3rd week of February will help my chances to get into residency training program here as well.
As I have already entered on B2 two times and also with the ds-260 filing, I think chances of visa extension or re-admission is pretty low. Choosing extension is only option if I get other interviews in January and late December as well. Lot of future process will become easier for me. I appreciate your response, and anxious to hear what Mom has to say in my case.

Yeah see what Mom says. I must admit, I think a far simpler route would be to return home and have your interview in January (which is likely based on your DS submission date and case number. Even if you could submit AoS paperwork today, you will probably run out of time and may have other concerns. On the other hand you could check with KCC about whether your case can be scheduled for a CP appointment in January - and they could confirm yhe statements of your application...

Hello Everyone,
My case no. is 2015AS**, current since October. I have filed ds-260 on July 11, haven't got IV confirmation yet. I called KCC, they are saying processing is almost completed, but they havent' forwarded my file to Embassy yet. The way things are I think I am looking at Feb interview. I am still in US on B2 visa, and have permit till Dec 13. I am now considering AOS. My question to experts here is that, do I need a confirmation email from KCC about my change to AOS, before I file I-485?

Technically speaking, you don't need the confirmation email/2NL in order to send in your AOS package, that can always be taken along to the interview. However, you if you're changing to AOS, you need to move fast and notify KCC about the change before your case file gets forwarded to your home embassy which will likely further delay when your FO will call you for an interview.

Because you've already filled and submitted DS-260, a request for extension of stay will most likely not be approved, so if you decide to change to AOS, again you need to move fast and ensure your AOS package is formally accepted and NOA is issued by USCIS before Dec. 13th. Bear in mind though there's no guarantee an interview can take place before February, when the interview takes place is FO dependent.

Thanks a lot Mom, What is your view in regards of ds-260 submission within 30 days of entry?
I did call KCC today and multiple times before, A nice lady told me they are at the final stage of processing but haven't yet forwarded for embassy review. She couldn't give me a sound answer when I asked the possibility of January interview. but she also advised me to move fast as it is still not too late for changing to AOS. Going by the trends in this forum, it seems that my my interview will likely be on February if I do CO. January is still possible. When I checked the timeline, I figured Houston AOS is going pretty fast. However too few cases are involved.

Thank you again, you guys are doing an excellent Job.

Thanks a lot Mom, What is your view in regards of ds-260 submission within 30 days of entry?
I did call KCC today and multiple times before, A nice lady told me they are at the final stage of processing but haven't yet forwarded for embassy review. She couldn't give me a sound answer when I asked the possibility of January interview. but she also advised me to move fast as it is still not too late for changing to AOS. Going by the trends in this forum, it seems that my my interview will likely be on February if I do CO. January is still possible. When I checked the timeline, I figured Houston AOS is going pretty fast. However too few cases are involved.

Thank you again, you guys are doing an excellent Job.

The 30-60-90 day rule shouldn't apply to you because when you initially submitted your DS-260 form, you indicated you wanted to process CP. I would have been concerned if you had selected AOS back then (even though it wasn't the submission of the AOS package, an IO might still have made an issue of it because it showed you had intention of adjusting status before you entered the US on a NIV).

Talking about the Houston FO going pretty fast, bear in mind that the timelines you're looking at are for previous years, nothing current for now, IOs get moved around, new Station Chiefs get assigned who may have different interpretation as to how and when to process DV based AOS cases - as happened in the San Francisco FO, which used to be one of the predictably fast FOs, last year.

Thanks. Great point made. I was thinking the same think as it seems FO scheduling interview is all over the place. However when I checked the AOS timeline today , it seems that Geramosrod have gotten Interview date Nov 5 in Houston. I guess the KCC process has been so slow that these little things seems to put us in dilemma.

Thanks. Great point made. I was thinking the same think as it seems FO scheduling interview is all over the place. However when I checked the AOS timeline today , it seems that Geramosrod have gotten Interview date Nov 5 in Houston. I guess the KCC process has been so slow that these little things seems to put us in dilemma.

And that's why we need Mom!

Oh I see. I haven't checked the 2015 timeline in the past couple of days and since nobody has posted in the forum about getting interview letter that I recall of, I assumed you were going by previous timelines.

We need you too Bristimon. I believe all the members have great respect for you guys. I have spent hours reading many threads here, and I am doing that since the time I was selected for lottery. This forum has got almost any information you need to proceed further. It is because of you guys, I decided to get married after winning the lottery. and yet somehow ended up getting myself in this predicament. The KCC having backlog of about 3 months or more didn't help my case. Won the lottery, and but I am still complaining! ;)

We need you too Bristimon. I believe all the members have great respect for you guys. I have spent hours reading many threads here, and I am doing that since the time I was selected for lottery. This forum has got almost any information you need to proceed further. It is because of you guys, I decided to get married after winning the lottery. and yet somehow ended up getting myself in this predicament. The KCC having backlog of about 3 months or more didn't help my case. Won the lottery, and but I am still complaining! ;)

Awww another forum wedding story. We are like the wedding planners of the DV lottery world.

This backlog really sucks. However, common sense says that most of the DS260s would have been submitted in the first few weeks. We know they were up to mid/late June ish about 10-14 days ago. I would expect the decreasing volume to mean we get to at least mid July, possibly early August by the next VB for January interviews. If you get an early month CP interview you could leave by 12/13, organize medicals and police reports etc and be back as an LPR by mid January. The Christmas period is a bit of a bust anyway for work interviews - although perhaps not in your "season".

Hi Mom,
I did check my NOA and my spouse's NOA and both of the NOA have "priority date" and "preference classification" box blank. How does this affect the progress towards FO interview?
Guys, does anyone have "priority date" and "preference classification" box filled in with date/type of IV class?

Hi Mom,
I did check my NOA and my spouse's NOA and both of the NOA have "priority date" and "preference classification" box blank. How does this affect the progress towards FO interview?
Guys, does anyone have "priority date" and "preference classification" box filled in with date/type of IV class?

It really doesn't matter if that section is blank. I'm sorry if I scared you guys with my previous post about the priority date. I should have clarified by saying if at all the NOA has a priority date listed, it should be the 1st day of the month that your CN is current for. Some NOA may not have this listed, it is okay, as long as some none DV related date is not listed on it.

Hi Guys,

I have another easy question for you.
Back in the day, I scheduled a general speak to an immigration officer appointment at the local FO to the first week of November, just in case, as I am current in November. However, you guys already answered all my questions / found all the answers here (cuz you guys are so awesome).
On the other hand, I know that infopass appointments are measured in gold, especially in LA, so I don't really want to throw it away. I am not sure if it would make sense to use the appointment and ask them
1) if the DV AOS applications are processed faster than other AOS applications (like employment based) at the LA FO (I would assume or hope so), and
2) if they can tell me probably which month they are going to call me in for the interview.
Or, it would be just a waste of time, they wouldn't know / not goint to tell me (actually I need to travel in December so it would be helpful to know).
In the spreadsheet I saw only one person got the interview letter so far, scheduled to the following month he is current in.

What do you guys think?
Thanks!

Hi Guys,

I have another easy question for you.
Back in the day, I scheduled a general speak to an immigration officer appointment at the local FO to the first week of November, just in case, as I am current in November. However, you guys already answered all my questions / found all the answers here (cuz you guys are so awesome).
On the other hand, I know that infopass appointments are measured in gold, especially in LA, so I don't really want to throw it away. I am not sure if it would make sense to use the appointment and ask them
1) if the DV AOS applications are processed faster than other AOS applications (like employment based) at the LA FO (I would assume or hope so), and
2) if they can tell me probably which month they are going to call me in for the interview.
Or, it would be just a waste of time, they wouldn't know / not goint to tell me (actually I need to travel in December so it would be helpful to know).
In the spreadsheet I saw only one person got the interview letter so far, scheduled to the following month he is current in.

What do you guys think?
Thanks!

The AoS is a series of steps that have to happen, starting with submission of your I-485 package.

According to the spreadsheet you have completed the biometrics, so the next thing is the interview itself. Your cases is moving nicely. So it makes sense to keep the infopass and ask them when they will schedule your interview - it could well be in November - and you should push for that to avoid it clashing with the December date.

There are two other things your case needs:
The FO to request your file from KCC (you can phone KCC to ask if/when that happened, if not bring that up at the infopass).
The other thing is the background check. When you go for the infopass you can check that they have the background check.