• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 AOS Only

I'm yet to receive the interview notice, our file is at the local FO, just waiting for our turn in the queue
My thinking was this memo on advance application will at least put AOS and CP on similar adjudication and processing timelines.

My thinking was this memo on advance application will at least put AOS and CP on similar adjudication and processing timelines.

Yes that is true to some extent. Some September current 2014 AoS cases we approved within the first week or two of September. That is as fast as CP, and ONLY possible by early submission.

Dear fellow AOS applicants, I just checked the spreadsheet and it appears not a single soul has interview scheduled so far. Is this true or folks are just waiting to complete the interview before reporting?
I was wondering the same thing. With the DV 2014 spreadsheet I derived an average of 68 days from the acceptance letter and the interview letter dates. So according to the DV 2015 spreadsheet the earliest acceptance letter date that have been reported is 8/20/2014, therefore adding the average days we get 10/26/2014 for an interview letter. In the end we can try to guess as much as we like but we'll still get an update when we gate it, we just have to be patient.

Since the total number of selectee from Africa in the year 2014 is 62,104(from DV2014 Visa statistics).. How come CN upto 8100 was current for Africa on that year? This seems a contradiction ! Is n't the CN goes from 1-62104 serially or were there some jumps in between?

Since the total number of selectee from Africa in the year 2014 is 62,104(from DV2014 Visa statistics).. How come CN upto 8100 was current for Africa on that year? This seems a contradiction ! Is n't the CN goes from 1-62104 serially or were there some jumps in between?

There are, as you say, jumps in between. We call it "holes" We have discussed this MANY times, so I wrote a FAQ to explain it.

http://britsimonsays.com/?p=67

Reactions: tyt
Hi everyone,
Good thread, I like you guys are so responsive. May I have a question too? Sorry if it had already been answered somewhere in the 44 pages before.
I'm on H1B, current in November, so I sent in everything on September 10 according to the early filing and did the biometrics two weeks ago. I included everything in my package, except for the copy of my social security card, my bank accounts and my letter of employment. I included everything else though, including paystubs previous I-797, etc. During my three visas (L1B, L1B, H1B) the soc sec card, the bank statement and the employment agreement were never submitted to USCIS (they were AOS cases too). I didn't find anything about it on the USCIS webpage either. Is it a huge issue? Can I just take them with me to the interview or they might deny the application because of that?
Side question, I have read horror stories on the net that some people got rejected because there was something wrong with their pictures they had uploaded with the original application in the previous year. Is that true or is it just a myth or the officer had a bad day? So is it a real factor to be freaked out about?
Oh, btw, when you have the interview letter, would that have the appointment on it just like the biometrics, or would I need to schedule it on infopass? If given, can I reschedule it on infopass, or don't even think about it because it's going to delay a lot?
Thanks for the answers in advance!

Hi everyone,
Good thread, I like you guys are so responsive. May I have a question too? Sorry if it had already been answered somewhere in the 44 pages before.
I'm on H1B, current in November, so I sent in everything on September 10 according to the early filing and did the biometrics two weeks ago. I included everything in my package, except for the copy of my social security card, my bank accounts and my letter of employment. I included everything else though, including paystubs previous I-797, etc. During my three visas (L1B, L1B, H1B) the soc sec card, the bank statement and the employment agreement were never submitted to USCIS (they were AOS cases too). I didn't find anything about it on the USCIS webpage either. Is it a huge issue? Can I just take them with me to the interview or they might deny the application because of that?
Side question, I have read horror stories on the net that some people got rejected because there was something wrong with their pictures they had uploaded with the original application in the previous year. Is that true or is it just a myth or the officer had a bad day? So is it a real factor to be freaked out about?
Oh, btw, when you have the interview letter, would that have the appointment on it just like the biometrics, or would I need to schedule it on infopass? If given, can I reschedule it on infopass, or don't even think about it because it's going to delay a lot?
Thanks for the answers in advance!

There's a lot of things the USCIS website is silent on which does not mean the IO cannot request for at the time of one's interview. Yes you may not have needed to personally present financial evidence in the form of employment letter or bank statement during the AOS process for your L1/H1 applications because they were employment based applications and the onus was on your employer to prove they can afford to pay your wages and you wouldn't become a public charge. Not the same with a DV based AOS which is self sponsored, you are responsible for convincing the IO you will not become a public charge and that you have the means to sustain yourself.

Obviously the documents you did not include with your package can be taken along to the interview. We generally encourage people to overwhelm the IO and send in all these documents with the application package so that the IO would have had enough time to review them before meeting with you face to face. A RFE is usually not issued in DV cases prior to the interview, showing up with evidence that would have helped the IO make a firm decision at the time of your interview means they will need to do further review at the end and cannot give a decision there and then.

Regarding the 'horror stories' yes the IO is required by law to further review the original picture used on the eDV application, if the picture used was your picture I see no reason why that should be freaking you out.

Interview letter comes with date and time of appointment. Yes you may reschedule if the timing doesn't work for you, however considering the fact that DV cases are time sensitive that would be the biggest mistake any DV based AOS applicant can make IMO!

There's a lot of things the USCIS website is silent on which does not mean the IO cannot request for at the time of one's interview. Yes you may not have needed to personally present financial evidence in the form of employment letter or bank statement during the AOS process for your L1/H1 applications because they were employment based applications and the onus was on your employer to prove they can afford to pay your wages and you wouldn't become a public charge. Not the same with a DV based AOS which is self sponsored, you are responsible for convincing the IO you will not become a public charge and that you have the means to sustain yourself.

Obviously the documents you did not include with your package can be taken along to the interview. We generally encourage people to overwhelm the IO and send in all these documents with the application package so that the IO would have had enough time to review them before meeting with you face to face. A RFE is usually not issued in DV cases prior to the interview, showing up with evidence that would have helped the IO make a firm decision at the time of your interview means they will need to do further review at the end and cannot give a decision there and then.

Regarding the 'horror stories' yes the IO is required by law to further review the original picture used on the eDV application, if the picture used was your picture I see no reason why that should be freaking you out.

Interview letter comes with date and time of appointment. Yes you may reschedule if the timing doesn't work for you, however considering the fact that DV cases are time sensitive that would be the biggest mistake any DV based AOS applicant can make IMO!

Thanks for your quick response.

Yeah I understand it is self sponsored. Bummer. I know it is hard to predict, and each case/IO is different, but in you personal opinion, if the IO sees that I am on my third employer sponsored visa and for that you have to have an employment agreement that they had reviewed already, would they reasonably think that I won't be able to find a job and become a public burden? Again, I know its hard to tell, I'm just curious about what you think based on your experience.

How much time does the further review take usually, if they are reviewing bank statements?

I also didn't include the USCIS memo about early filing, but since I am done with the biometrics, do you think that can become a problem too?

Anyway, its better to send them more than less I guess. I don't think I am getting the interview letter anytime soon (current in November, so December maybe?). Would it make sense to send in the employment agreement, bank statements and soc sec card (and early filing memo if needed) to add them to my file, or shall I schedule an appointment and take them into the FO to have them added? Or at this point, is it just better not to do anything and take them with myself to the interview?

Please let me know your thoughts. And thanks for your help, I really appreciate it!

Thanks for your quick response.

Yeah I understand it is self sponsored. Bummer. I know it is hard to predict, and each case/IO is different, but in you personal opinion, if the IO sees that I am on my third employer sponsored visa and for that you have to have an employment agreement that they had reviewed already, would they reasonably think that I won't be able to find a job and become a public burden? Again, I know its hard to tell, I'm just curious about what you think based on your experience.

How much time does the further review take usually, if they are reviewing bank statements?

I also didn't include the USCIS memo about early filing, but since I am done with the biometrics, do you think that can become a problem too?

Anyway, its better to send them more than less I guess. I don't think I am getting the interview letter anytime soon (current in November, so December maybe?). Would it make sense to send in the employment agreement, bank statements and soc sec card (and early filing memo if needed) to add them to my file, or shall I schedule an appointment and take them into the FO to have them added? Or at this point, is it just better not to do anything and take them with myself to the interview?

Please let me know your thoughts. And thanks for your help, I really appreciate it!

For someone who is already on a H or L visa I honestly don't expect the IO to make an issue on their ability to sustain themselves or not, but as we all know anything can happen. Regarding how long a review of newly submitted documents takes, it really depends on the IO and their workload. It's not necessarily like it will take days/weeks for some bank statements handed in at the end of an interview to be reviewed, it's more of the IO pushing a case file that's already been interviewed aside while they deal with some other/new cases.

Sending in additional documents that have not been requested for is a waste of time. They most likely will not be willingly to spend time tracing the location of your original file and trying to add the new set of documents to it since no specific office/officer has requested for them. Your only option is to take in those documents at the time of your interview and at the end of the day, they may not even request to see them.

Unfortunately, it mneans both of those things. On this thread, AOS typically refers to Adjustment Of Status (whose cases sometimes need an Affidavit Of Support :p)

Like Simon said, it means both. You just have to look within the context of what is being discussed in order to know which is being referred to.

For someone who is already on a H or L visa I honestly don't expect the IO to make an issue on their ability to sustain themselves or not, but as we all know anything can happen. Regarding how long a review of newly submitted documents takes, it really depends on the IO and their workload. It's not necessarily like it will take days/weeks for some bank statements handed in at the end of an interview to be reviewed, it's more of the IO pushing a case file that's already been interviewed aside while they deal with some other/new cases.

Sending in additional documents that have not been requested for is a waste of time. They most likely will not be willingly to spend time tracing the location of your original file and trying to add the new set of documents to it since no specific office/officer has requested for them. Your only option is to take in those documents at the time of your interview and at the end of the day, they may not even request to see them.

Okay, will do. Thanks for your thoughts!

Hello everyone,
Do you know what is the difference between bio date and bio walk-in? I found two different dates in their columns, but cannot really tell what the difference is.
Thank you in advance :)

Hello Guys,

My wife and i have received the receipt number from USCIS NBC office but there is one problem. My wife had filed Family Based permanent resident on sept 2013 through her sister. In her receipt which they sent for AOS process of DV 2015, they have put Priority date as sept, 2013 and preference classification as "Family based 4th". In my receipt, both sections are blank. I am not sure what should be there for the DV lottery 2015 applicants. Can anyone share what they have got in these section. Do we need to contact USCIS or NBC ? Does this affect our AOS process? our case number is less and current as of october. We have not received anything after this from NBC. They issued this receipt number on Oct 20, 2014. Any suggestion and information would be appreciated.

Xenon.

Hello everyone,
Do you know what is the difference between bio date and bio walk-in? I found two different dates in their columns, but cannot really tell what the difference is.
Thank you in advance :)

When you get your appointment letter for the biometric it will have a date on it for the appointment itself. THat is the date in the "bio date" column.

Some people attempt/succeed in a "walk in" - that involves going to the embassy/processing center earlier than the bio date and asking to do the bio early. Sometimes people are accepted, sometimes not. If they succeed, that is the "bio walk in" date column.

Hello Everyone,
My case no. is 2015AS**, current since October. I have filed ds-260 on July 11, haven't got IV confirmation yet. I called KCC, they are saying processing is almost completed, but they havent' forwarded my file to Embassy yet. The way things are I think I am looking at Feb interview. I am still in US on B2 visa, and have permit till Dec 13. I am now considering AOS. My question to experts here is that, do I need a confirmation email from KCC about my change to AOS, before I file I-485?

Hello Everyone,
My case no. is 2015AS**, current since October. I have filed ds-260 on July 11, haven't got IV confirmation yet. I called KCC, they are saying processing is almost completed, but they havent' forwarded my file to Embassy yet. The way things are I think I am looking at Feb interview. I am still in US on B2 visa, and have permit till Dec 13. I am now considering AOS. My question to experts here is that, do I need a confirmation email from KCC about my change to AOS, before I file I-485?

When did you enter the USA on your B2 visa?