• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 AOS Only

Guys,

This forum has always been helpful for me. I have interview on 5th of Aug. I am thinking how that interview will be, what stuffs should I carry? Is there any thing that I should "Do" and "should not Do" in the interview. Thanks for any comments or suggestion in advance

Jawan14

Guys,

This forum has always been helpful for me. I have interview on 5th of Aug. I am thinking how that interview will be, what stuffs should I carry? Is there any thing that I should "Do" and "should not Do" in the interview. Thanks for any comments or suggestion in advance

Jawan14

Check the AOS spreadsheet for interview tips.

hello everyone, I have a couple of question, I would really appreciate it if you can help me with them
case #: 2015AF00029XXX
Ds260 Completed in MAY 2014
I'm currently in the United States. in Orlando Fl
the KCC sent me an email on July 2014 to notify me that I'll file for AOS with the USCIS. However I have to wait until my Visa number is ready. according to the Visa bulletin it should be ready in September.
- my first question is, When should i file for the AOS should i do it now or in August?
- another question because of the time limit and September being the last month for the 2015 DV, is there any way I can speed up the process of the AOS?, because I've read somewhere that you can make an appointment at the USCIS through INFOPASS and request them to schedule a visa interview date! i'm not sure if that's possible!.
-last question, I have a college degree, so I don't need to a proof of High school, or do I?

hello everyone, I have a couple of question, I would really appreciate it if you can help me with them
the KCC sent me an email on July 2014 to notify me that I'll file for AOS with the USCIS. However I have to wait until my Visa number is ready. according to the Visa bulletin it should be ready in September.
- my first question is, When should i file for the AOS should i do it now or in August?
- another question because of the time limit and September being the last month for the 2015 DV, is there any way I can speed up the process of the AOS?, because I've read somewhere that you can make an appointment at the USCIS through INFOPASS and request them to schedule a visa interview date! i'm not sure if that's possible!.
-last question, I have a college degree, so I don't need to a proof of High school, or do I?
First off, your CN 2015 AF29,xxx became Current in April already.

Hey,
1) File for AOS asap. go througn the google docs- its at the begining of this thread.
2) I don't think you can speed up AOS, worry about infopass later, first send your aos package asap. have you paid the DV fee of 330$? again go through the google docs.
3) yes, even if you have a US degree it is better to have your HIgh school diploma or certificate.

Hey,
1) File for AOS asap. go througn the google docs- its at the begining of this thread.
2) I don't think you can speed up AOS, worry about infopass later, first send your aos package asap. have you paid the DV fee of 330$? again go through the google docs.
3) yes, even if you have a US degree it is better to have your HIgh school diploma or certificate.

sorry i forgot to mention I'm from Egypt, it will be current in September

sorry i forgot to mention I'm from Egypt, it will be current in September

Sept numbers are already out, your number is current. So like others have asked, have you made the DV payment yet? Have you done the medical exam? If the answer is 'No' you need to get cracking on those steps right away.

what is SAE, and i did my medical, so you think i should apply now

SAE = Self Addressed Envelope. That's what will be used to send back your payment receipt.

Yes you should. You can't afford to wait until September before sending in your AOS package as there's the risk of not completing the process before the 2015 FY ends on Sept 30th. Apply now, include the Memo authorizing early filing, you can also include a cover note explaining you're a DV selectee and that the VB already has your CN current for September.

SAE = Self Addressed Envelope. That's what will be used to send back your payment receipt.

Yes you should. You can't afford to wait until September before sending in your AOS package as there's the risk of not completing the process before the 2015 FY ends on Sept 30th. Apply now, include the Memo authorizing early filing, you can also include a cover note explaining you're a DV selectee and that the VB already has your CN current for September.
where can I find that memo "include the Memo authorizing early filing"
thank you

Hi all,

Just a quick question. Although my interview isn't for four more days, I decided to give KCC a call before the weekend to see if my case file ever got sent to my FO.

When I called, I was told that my FO had requested it more than half a month ago, but that it has not been sent yet, with the rep just telling me "these things take time etc." with no elaboration. Given that so many people in this thread are having similar issues with KCC even after the interview, this of course wasn't really that much of a suprise.

I'm curious however as to what the "case file" is, as I perhaps have not understood this that clearly from reading past conversations in this thread. Does it refer to the entire AOS package I sent, or something else? As I do not expect KCC to send my case file over by the time of my interview, would this mean that my IO at the time of the interview would not have access to any of the supporting documents I sent with my AOS package/have been able to review them?

One more question Am I going to need a sponsor as well? and if I can't find one, is there any other alternative, like a job offer for example

If you're currently on a student visa, having an I-134 on hand is really a good way if showing you will not become a public charge. A job offer letter showing an income above the applicable poverty guide level is also a good idea.

Hi all,

Just a quick question. Although my interview isn't for four more days, I decided to give KCC a call before the weekend to see if my case file ever got sent to my FO.

When I called, I was told that my FO had requested it more than half a month ago, but that it has not been sent yet, with the rep just telling me "these things take time etc." with no elaboration. Given that so many people in this thread are having similar issues with KCC even after the interview, this of course wasn't really that much of a suprise.

I'm curious however as to what the "case file" is, as I perhaps have not understood this that clearly from reading past conversations in this thread. Does it refer to the entire AOS package I sent, or something else? As I do not expect KCC to send my case file over by the time of my interview, would this mean that my IO at the time of the interview would not have access to any of the supporting documents I sent with my AOS package/have been able to review them?

Your KCC file is not the same as your AOS package. The KCC file includes your eDV registration form, the DS-260 form, DV payment information, and any other correspondence that's taken place between you and KCC.

If you're currently on a student visa, having an I-134 on hand is really a good way if showing you will not become a public charge. A job offer letter showing an income above the applicable poverty guide level is also a good idea.
I got the DV payment receipt, and I'm still working on the I-134, Hopefully will have it before the end of this week, should I send the DS-260 with the AOS package? and another question what is the eDV?