• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 AOS Only

Hi Mom and Simon,
I had my interview back in March during which the officer said everything looks okay except that one part of the background check was still pending. In May, during my infopass I was told that all documents have been received and the officer who interviewed me just needs to make a decision on my case. I did an infopass again today and I was told that my case is still under review. Not sure what I need to do? I asked to talk with a supervisor but they said that is all. Would really appreciate your thoughts on this :(

Sorry to learn your case is still pending. You can try contacting your congress person for them to make a case enquiry on your behalf though.

Hello everyone,
My husbands pay stub is electronically generated and hence there is no physical copy of it as the company does not give it. So for the proof of it can we take a print out and submit it to the USICS? Thanks!

Yes.

Hello everyone,
My husbands pay stub is electronically generated and hence there is no physical copy of it as the company does not give it. So for the proof of it can we take a print out and submit it to the USICS? Thanks!
yes you can use printouts. Mine were printouts of electronic ones

Hi Sm1smom,
For I-134, in the oath and affirmation of sponsor section, there is a blank after I acknowledge that I have read... What is it for? I googled and did not really find anything. ignore it? Not the sign or date part.
Also, is something wrong with the timeline? I do not see the updates I had put in a while ago, they just seem to disappear. I can update again, but I am not sure if something is wrong in my end, and I am not able to see other user's updated timeline.

Hi Sm1smom,
For I-134, in the oath and affirmation of sponsor section, there is a blank after I acknowledge that I have read... What is it for? I googled and did not really find anything. ignore it? Not the sign or date part.
Also, is something wrong with the timeline? I do not see the updates I had put in a while ago, they just seem to disappear. I can update again, but I am not sure if something is wrong in my end, and I am not able to see other user's updated timeline.

My guess is that section is for the sponsor's initials. However I don't think the form will be rejected if it's left blank for anyone who isn't quite sure what to put there.

Regarding the Timelines spreadsheet, I'm not sure what's going on. I've also noticed the fact that someone keeps going there to mess up the order of display possibly to suit their own selfish needs? I don't know! I spend time over and over sorting them such that cases are displayed based on when the CNs become current starting from October to make it easier for users to compare timelines and someone or some users keep going back to change that which is so not cool at all.

My guess is that section is for the sponsor's initials. However I don't think the form will be rejected if it's left blank for anyone who isn't quite sure what to put there.

Regarding the Timelines spreadsheet, I'm not sure what's going on. I've also noticed the fact that someone keeps going there to mess up the order of display possibly to suit their own selfish needs? I don't know! I spend time over and over sorting them such that cases are displayed based on when the CNs become current starting from October to make it easier for users to compare timelines and someone or some users keep going back to change that which is so not cool at all.
Thank you :)

Just an idea: There might be a way to make sure that the timelines can not be edited or get messed up. We can make something like a google form or similar and ask each user to use one of those and update their status. The info entered there can be used by a person who has edit rights in the spreadsheet to update the information or if there is any way to directly copy those results into the spreadsheet so everyone can see it but not edit.

Try to call KCC regularly without antagonizing them. Stress the sunset (deadline issue). Even when they say they sent it, call back a couple of times to ensure it is indeed done. When done, inform Newark FO so they can proceed with the approval.
adinutzyc21, Ifitis2be,
I'll do so. Thanks!

1. Our IL had the same list. We obtained the official evaluation from foreign credits. The immigration officer went by this list at the interview so she did ask for it. It's essentially an evaluation by that confirms/certifies that your degree is indeed the equivalent of a high school degree in the US. Google Foreign credits and you can decide if you need this or not. We wanted to be on the safe side so we got it.

2. We also had only one W2 and it was fine.

3. We had sufficient savings so did not provide I-134s, etc. Wait for Mom and others' advice on this point.

4. Your driver's license or bank statements/utility bills in your name are proof of address.

Good luck
Congratulations on getting your IL. Your FO seem quite knowledgeable of the DV process going by how fast things have moved for you and the wording of your IL which specially addresses DV applicants, so I guess it's in your best interest to try and follow most, if not all of what they've indicated on the IL.

- A degree evaluation is not the same as translating a degree from another language into English. Most FOs do not ask for a degree evaluation report, hence the none mention of it on the spreadsheet, however if your IL mentions it, then it's worth doing. Yes WES is a private organization that provides degree evaluations, however they're not the only one. Several other organizations provide evaluation reports too, you can do a Google search for others too.

The W-2 should be fine, however if you're able to get additional documents such as pay slips or/and employment letter, it wouldn't hurt. The "man" part on your IL is obviously a typo :rolleyes: and so is the section that says provide a letter indicating you will become a public charge.

- Proof of address: Utility bills, driver's license, bank statements, mortgage records, lease agreement, school registration records - any formal/official record with your name addressed to you/your home address.

Thank you so much for your help and advice @Sm1smom and @Ifitis2be !

Ifitis2be, based on your recommendation I have used foreign credits to evaluate all my educational docs. (On searching around/googling, It seems like this was also recommended by mom in the 2014 thread!)

For anyone who gets similar notices with their IL, I highly recommend them as well - my main worry with WES and almost every certification company I googled was that turnaround times can be very slow (up to two weeks for WES) and perhaps more importantly, they almost always require original copies of all docs to be sent to them directly from the awarding institution (For example, WES policy is: "Arrange for the document to be sent directly to WES by the degree awarding institution OR if the document is given to you to forward to WES, it must be placed in an official sealed envelope that is signed or stamped across the back flap by the appropriate school official at the degree awarding institution. If the envelope has been opened or there is no stamp or signature across the back flap, the document will not be accepted by WES."). Foreign Credits on the other hand seemed to be completely fine with just a scan of the front and back of all my transcripts/diplomas, and was able to rush process in 2-3 days for a little bit more (or even same day, although it gets expensive...). As they state they are accepted by USCIS for credential evaluation and several people seem to have used them without any problems, this seems by far the most straight forward way to get this done for AOS cases - I imagine for most, coordinating with overseas schools/colleges to do what for example WES wants in a timely manner while being in the US will not really be an option.

Nothing left now but to sit the interview next week!

Ifitis2be, based on your recommendation I have used foreign credits to evaluate all my educational docs. (On searching around/googling, It seems like this was also recommended by mom in the 2014 thread!)

For anyone who gets similar notices with their IL, I highly recommend them as well - my main worry with WES and almost every certification company I googled was that turnaround times can be very slow (up to two weeks for WES) and perhaps more importantly, they almost always require original copies of all docs to be sent to them directly from the awarding institution (For example, WES policy is: "Arrange for the document to be sent directly to WES by the degree awarding institution OR if the document is given to you to forward to WES, it must be placed in an official sealed envelope that is signed or stamped across the back flap by the appropriate school official at the degree awarding institution. If the envelope has been opened or there is no stamp or signature across the back flap, the document will not be accepted by WES."). Foreign Credits on the other hand seemed to be completely fine with just a scan of the front and back of all my transcripts/diplomas, and was able to rush process in 2-3 days for a little bit more (or even same day, although it gets expensive...). As they state they are accepted by USCIS for credential evaluation and several people seem to have used them without any problems, this seems by far the most straight forward way to get this done for AOS cases - I imagine for most, coordinating with overseas schools/colleges to do what for example WES wants in a timely manner while being in the US will not really be an option.

Great! Happy it worked for you. Good luck on the interview next week.

Sorry to learn your case is still pending. You can try contacting your congress person for them to make a case enquiry on your behalf though.

Thanks mom! I already did and they have responded that the case is under extensive review and not clear when it may be finalized! Is there any thing else that I can do? Thank you!

I did? :eek::p:D:D

Had my biometrics appointment yesterday, as scheduled. Appointment was at 1:00 pm, but I got there at 11, as I wanted to get it over with and have the afternoon free. The receptionist said she couldn't let me in at 11:00 for a 1 pm appointment as it was too early, but she would let me in at 12:00. O0h-kay. I see you, NBC.

Got in at 12, filled out a form, and was about 80 people away on the queue, which seemed a lot, but I only had to wait a little over two hours - the 3 or 4 people taking fingerprints were pretty efficient. It only took 2 minutes once they got to me. I wish I had brought a book to while away the time. I knew phones would not be okay to use, but apparently reading on a kindle was not allowed either despite the device having no camera or internet access. Lesson learned.

Waiting for that interview letter and hopefully an early interview date in August.

Hello,
I just realised one more problem with my interview letter. My surname is misspelled so is there anything that I should do? I had gone for an Infopass to know my interview dates as I hadn't got my interview letter then, so the officer scribbled the interview date and time in my biometrics letter and told me to consider that as an interview letter incase I dint get one. After two days I got my interview letter with the misspelled surname. Would really appreciate your thoughts on this.

Hello,
I just realised one more problem with my interview letter. My surname is misspelled so is there anything that I should do? I had gone for an Infopass to know my interview dates as I hadn't got my interview letter then, so the officer scribbled the interview date and time in my biometrics letter and told me to consider that as an interview letter incase I dint get one. After two days I got my interview letter with the misspelled surname. Would really appreciate your thoughts on this.

You don't need to do anything prior to your interview. Just point out the spelling error to your IO on the day of your interview and ensure they have the correct spelling in the system before you leave their office.

Had my biometrics appointment yesterday, as scheduled. Appointment was at 1:00 pm, but I got there at 11, as I wanted to get it over with and have the afternoon free. The receptionist said she couldn't let me in at 11:00 for a 1 pm appointment as it was too early, but she would let me in at 12:00. O0h-kay. I see you, NBC.

Got in at 12, filled out a form, and was about 80 people away on the queue, which seemed a lot, but I only had to wait a little over two hours - the 3 or 4 people taking fingerprints were pretty efficient. It only took 2 minutes once they got to me. I wish I had brought a book to while away the time. I knew phones would not be okay to use, but apparently reading on a kindle was not allowed either despite the device having no camera or internet access. Lesson learned.

Waiting for that interview letter and hopefully an early interview date in August.

Sounds like you got assigned to a very busy ASC (or an actual FO) for your bio. Places like that are quite tough on walk-ins, not surprised by your narration.

You don't need to do anything prior to your interview. Just point out the spelling error to your IO on the day of your interview and ensure they have the correct spelling in the system before you leave their office.
Thank you Mom.. we always have this issue cause for example if my surname is FRUIT his is FURIT. So we always get in one format and have this issue. :(