• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 AOS Only

1. Our IL had the same list. We obtained the official evaluation from foreign credits. The immigration officer went by this list at the interview so she did ask for it. It's essentially an evaluation by that confirms/certifies that your degree is indeed the equivalent of a high school degree in the US. Google Foreign credits and you can decide if you need this or not. We wanted to be on the safe side so we got it.

2. We also had only one W2 and it was fine.

3. We had sufficient savings so did not provide I-134s, etc. Wait for Mom and others' advice on this point.

4. Your driver's license or bank statements/utility bills in your name are proof of address.

Good luck
So it looks like it better to do this, can I know which service you used? Most of the service centers asks for the original certificate so did u send the original?

Guys, is it possible to undo the submission of DS-260? The reason I ask is that I never became current for DV2015 and I'd like to avoid any issues in the future when renewing non immigrant visas to go visit the USA.

Thanks!

So it looks like it better to do this, can I know which service you used? Most of the service centers asks for the original certificate so did u send the original?
I gave you the company's name: Foreign Credits.

We took the original and 2 copies with us to the interview. We did not know about this requirement until we received the IL so it was not part of our sent AOS package, we just took it to the interview. The IO verified the original and kept one of the copies.

it is sometimes handy to have an extra copy of all your documents in addition to your originals at the interview. It helps the IO sometimes.

In response to your question: should you get this certification or not, it's for you to decide. if your degrees are from the UK, I'm guessing IOs might be familiar with the equivalency and not be as demanding, especially since they are originally in english too. But I really don't know. This is something only you can decide. Best wishes

Last edited:
We were current in October of this fiscal year and filed early at the end of August. Our file was accepted at the Chicago lockbox but almost rejected by the FO because they were not familiar with the Early filing Memo. Luckily, the FO supervisor took the time to call me before rejecting the file and I told her about the memo, read it over the phone with her, and convinced her that we were in fact authorized to file early (you can read about my experience in earlier posts on this thread, as well as others who were unfortunately rejected and had to re-file)...It really depends on how knowledgable your FO or whoever gets your file at the Chicago Lockbox is...If I had to do it again, I would have probably just wait until the last days of September to send the package in cause it really does not make much of a difference when you are current in October, you have time on your side... but I understand how you might be anxious to file early...it's a chance you would be taking and only you can decide. Good luck
Thank you very much Ifitis2be. Very great information.

Guys, is it possible to undo the submission of DS-260? The reason I ask is that I never became current for DV2015 and I'd like to avoid any issues in the future when renewing non immigrant visas to go visit the USA.

Thanks!

Unfortunately, that's not possible. Sorry your CN didn't get to become current.

Hi All,

Just to give an update of my case: I got my interview letter yesterday, with the interview scheduled for the 31st of July. This was much faster than I expected (I received my bio letter less than 2 weeks ago) but of course, no complaints at all here :)

I have some questions regarding the interview letter itself however. The back of my interview letter included a notice saying:

"DIVERSITY VISA APPLICANTS: Please bring the following documentation to your I-485 Interview:"

Most of the stuff listed seem to be very standard (birth certificate, i-94, passport etc.) but I'm a little bit unsure about three of the items listed:

- "High school diploma and/or college degree & official transcripts (if foreign, MUST BE ACCOMPANIED BY OFFICIAL EVALUATION/CERTIFICATE - i.e.: World Education Services/WES, or must submit proof of qualifying training/work experience)"

The bolding/underlining above was copied exactly as it appeared in the notice on the back of the interview letter.

While I sent copies of all my college and high school transcripts with my AOS package and will of course bring the originals with me, I have not obtained an "official evaluation/certificate" for them. Does anyone have any experience with this? As all my high school and college transcripts are in English (high school and college both done in the UK) and the spreadsheet did not mention this directly, I had perhaps incorrectly assumed this would not be needed. I have honestly never really heard of "WES" , they appear to be a private company not affiliated with the US government?

- "Must show that you will not become a public charge by mans of the following:
- Providing your pay stubs, employment verification letter, and latest tax returns/W-2s (full time work only)
- Or you must provide a sponsor to complete and sign the I-134 Affidavit of Support, write a letter of support in which he/she states that you will become a public charge in the United States, and provide current pay stubs and employment letter if employed"

I found this paragraph a little bit hard to understand (I assume they mean "means" rather than "mans" too :p). I had obtained an I-134 Affidavit of Support, with the supporting document being a copy of my sponsor's passport photo page and a copy of his W-2 from the last fiscal year. As I mentioned in a previous post, I had not included this in my AOS package, but I am planning on bringing it to my interview.

- Will just last year's W-2 be enough? Or would you think I would need more documentation? They did ask for "current pay stubs and employment letter if employed" but now I'm a bit nervous if I can get this within the next 10 days!

- They also seem to want a "letter of support" in addition to the I-134, which I have not read anything about prior to this. I have not obtained this either (I also assume "letter of support in which he/states states that you will become a public charge in the United States" is an error as well, since I would have thought the idea is to not become a public charge!). Does anyone have any experience with this, and what the letter should say?

The last item on this notice is "Proof of Address" - would anyone happen to know what is commonly used for this purpose? Will utility bills be ok?

Congratulations on getting your IL. Your FO seem quite knowledgeable of the DV process going by how fast things have moved for you and the wording of your IL which specially addresses DV applicants, so I guess it's in your best interest to try and follow most, if not all of what they've indicated on the IL.

- A degree evaluation is not the same as translating a degree from another language into English. Most FOs do not ask for a degree evaluation report, hence the none mention of it on the spreadsheet, however if your IL mentions it, then it's worth doing. Yes WES is a private organization that provides degree evaluations, however they're not the only one. Several other organizations provide evaluation reports too, you can do a Google search for others too.

The W-2 should be fine, however if you're able to get additional documents such as pay slips or/and employment letter, it wouldn't hurt. The "man" part on your IL is obviously a typo :rolleyes: and so is the section that says provide a letter indicating you will become a public charge.

- Proof of address: Utility bills, driver's license, bank statements, mortgage records, lease agreement, school registration records - any formal/official record with your name addressed to you/your home address.

Mom,
If there are two applicants, such as Principal applicant and derivative, on USCIS website how online registration for opening an account works? Two separate account needs to be opened? (i.e one for Principal applicant and one for derivative?)
While case in process with USCIS, opening the account for status check can be done anytime right?
In regards to Interview Letter, do all of them come with list of what to bring to interview date? or they can also come only with interview date on it?

Thanks

Last edited:
Mom,
If there are two applicants, such as Principal applicant and derivative, on USCIS website how online registration for opening an account works? Two separate account needs to be opened? (i.e one for Principal applicant and one for derivative?)
While case in process with USCIS, opening the account for status check can be done anytime right?

Thanks
Hey,
As far as i know, You can open the account anytime. You just sign up and then you add your receipt number. You can add as many receipt number you have. So it is upto you to add the receipts of the primary and derivative in same account or different account. You will be able to get text and email updates of the receipt numbers you have added.

Mom,
In regards to Interview Letter, do all of them come with list of what to bring to interview date? or they can also come only with interview date on it?

Thanks

No need to open separate accounts, just one account can be used to check all the cases. Open one account, enter all your applicable case numbers and you'll get notifications on all the case numbers you enter. The account doesn't need to be opened by the PA only. The account can be opened anytime following the receipt of the NOA. IL are FO dependent, so what's written on them varies.

Hi Mom and Simon,
I had my interview back in March during which the officer said everything looks okay except that one part of the background check was still pending. In May, during my infopass I was told that all documents have been received and the officer who interviewed me just needs to make a decision on my case. I did an infopass again today and I was told that my case is still under review. Not sure what I need to do? I asked to talk with a supervisor but they said that is all. Would really appreciate your thoughts on this :(

The background check isn't always necessarily completed prior to the interview taking place, it could still be pending completion as at the time an interview is scheduled to take place. For the different types of check that could possibly be carried out, check the following link:

http://forums.immigration.com/threads/an-open-letter-to-simon.321638/page-3#post-2352701
But at the interview IO was going to approve the case and only DoS not granting visa number stopped that from doing that, so that all looks weird

No need to open separate accounts, just one account can be used to check all the cases. Open one account, enter all your applicable case numbers and you'll get notifications on all the case numbers you enter. The account doesn't need to be opened by the PA only. The account can be opened anytime following the receipt of the NOA. IL are FO dependent, so what's written on them varies.
Mom, sorry I have this strange question:). When opening the account on USCIS website, under personal information section it doesn't specify whether by Country/Region, City, and zip code - they need my current location or my back home?

Last edited:
Hello everyone,
My husbands pay stub is electronically generated and hence there is no physical copy of it as the company does not give it. So for the proof of it can we take a print out and submit it to the USICS? Thanks!

I went for an interview at FO in Newark this morning. IO said everything looked fine and they could approve our case immediately once they received our case data from KCC. They requested data transfer in mid June but haven't receive it. IO also said what we can do now is just wait, and the case would be denied if the visa number runs out. I sent an inquiry and data transfer request to KCC by e-mail just in case. I'll call KCC if no response comes back. This delay seems to be common this year as discussed on this forum. What's going on?

I went for an interview at FO in Newark this morning. IO said everything looked fine and they could approve our case immediately once they received our case data from KCC. They requested data transfer in mid June but haven't receive it. IO also said what we can do now is just wait, and the case would be denied if the visa number runs out. I sent an inquiry and data transfer request to KCC by e-mail just in case. I'll call KCC if no response comes back. This delay seems to be common this year as discussed on this forum. What's going on?
Call them. They sent it immediately after I called them. Press * if you don't want to hear the whole "check us out online" spiel.

Mom, sorry I have this strange question:). When opening the account on USCIS website, under personal information section it doesn't specify whether by Country/Region, City, and zip code - they need my current location or my back home?

Your U.S. location.

But at the interview IO was going to approve the case and only DoS not granting visa number stopped that from doing that, so that all looks weird

Did the IO confirm if your background check had cleared at the time of your interview? It's possible that's something he had overlooked when he indicated he was going to/about to approve the case. I don't think USCIS would have lied to your congressman about your delay being due to a pending security check approval.

Try to call KCC regularly without antagonizing them. Stress the sunset (deadline issue). Even when they say they sent it, call back a couple of times to ensure it is indeed done. When done, inform Newark FO so they can proceed with the approval.