• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 AOS Only

I'm Filling with a local immigration lawyer, he said he's going to send my package with a check from (him/his law firm), that way he says when they cash the check they will stamp the case number on it. Therefore, he can keep track of it, if somehow it got lost in the process or something (or at least that what i understood ), is that ok, or it has to be a personal check from me?

It makes no difference who issues the check.

Wondering though, when does your lawyer plan on sending in the package?

Hi, Mom!!
There is a discrepancy on my Ds-260 and the documented date that my H1-B petition was denied a few years back. Apparently, I was notified of the denial in a mail 10 days later (Denial was Feb 28, and mail reached me on March 10 and that's when I stopped work).
When filling out my DS-260, and G-325, I put the actual day that I stopped work (March, 10) and not the official date on the Denial notice. How do you advice me to handle this discrepancy during my interview?
Thank You for all you do!!

It makes no difference who issues the check.

Wondering though, when does your lawyer plan on sending in the package?

This Friday.

When was the earliest it could have been sent, mom? Right after the last bulletin was out, so almost 3 weeks ago?
Khaled, is your lawyer aware of the time sensitivity of this process and that you will lose out if the process is not completed by Sept 30?

Hi all,
I had my interview today. Pretty straighforward. the oath, and then checking name, dob, address. Then the process of standard questions like have you committed a crime and stuff. The officer was very pleasant and nice and was aware of the time sensitivity of DV cases. Said, will request for my file from KCC and now the waiting begins. I hope KCC will not take much time in sending the file.
Thank you @Sm1smom for all the help and everybody else too. I will update again once everything is complete.

Hi, Mom!!
There is a discrepancy on my Ds-260 and the documented date that my H1-B petition was denied a few years back. Apparently, I was notified of the denial in a mail 10 days later (Denial was Feb 28, and mail reached me on March 10 and that's when I stopped work).
When filling out my DS-260, and G-325, I put the actual day that I stopped work (March, 10) and not the official date on the Denial notice. How do you advice me to handle this discrepancy during my interview?
Thank You for all you do!!

If the IO brings it up, you simply explain yourself exactly like you did here - you stopped working when you received the denial notice.

When was the earliest it could have been sent, mom? Right after the last bulletin was out, so almost 3 weeks ago?
Khaled, is your lawyer aware of the time sensitivity of this process and that you will lose out if the process is not completed by Sept 30?

Yep, could have been sent right after the applicable VB came out.

Hi all,
I had my interview today. Pretty straighforward. the oath, and then checking name, dob, address. Then the process of standard questions like have you committed a crime and stuff. The officer was very pleasant and nice and was aware of the time sensitivity of DV cases. Said, will request for my file from KCC and now the waiting begins. I hope KCC will not take much time in sending the file.
Thank you @Sm1smom for all the help and everybody else too. I will update again once everything is complete.

Awesome! Fingers crossed KCC sends in your file soon (although your IO should have requested it before your interview, not after).

If the IO brings it up, you simply explain yourself exactly like you did here - you stopped working when you received the denial notice.[/QUOTE
Thank You, Mom!!
My worry was that by the time of my interview, the IO may not have had my file from KCC. What if on reviewing my file from KCC after my interview and then comes across that discrepancy? You think I should bring it up myself even if the IO does not?

Awesome! Fingers crossed KCC sends in your file soon (although your IO should have requested it before your interview, not after).
That's what I wanted to say too. They should have requested the file before your interview. I would call KCC in a week or so to make sure they're sending it.

That's what I wanted to say too. They should have requested the file before your interview. I would call KCC in a week or so to make sure they're sending it.
Hi yes i will call KCC next week. I hope they won't delay sending the file. the IO also said it should have been already requested, but anyway would request today. I will be on top of things with calling KCC and infopass if required until all is good.

Your question regarding "the file" is rather confusing. If you're talking about your I-485 itself, the NBC should have already forwarded it once your bio got scheduled. If you're talking about the result of the bio itself, when your FO gets that depends on the outcome of the background check. If you're talking about your KCC file, it has nothing to do with when you completed your bio. When the KCC file is requested is FO dependent. There's no stipulated rule as to when the request can be made or how many days it may take to make such a request or for KCC to respond to the request. No one here knows.
Thanks a lot Mom
You answer the question and more, yes I'm talking about I-485 file who should be in NBC but thanks for your explanation . I'm so happy to know our I-485 file should be shipped to FO.
Yes I did the bio in walk-in 10 days before the appointment. I'm waiting the IL.
I'm going to do info pass to make expedit request as I'm current in July and also ask them to request my file from KCC, is that make problem for my case?
Thanks a lot

Last edited:
@TrustinGod2000,

Didn't you list your work history on your I-485 and G-325? Anyway, the IOs most likely are aware it takes a couple of days for an issued NOA to get to the recipient anyways, and the rule of thumb with immigration process is don't provide unsolicited information. But of course, you can bring it up on your own if it makes you feel better though.

Thanks a lot Mom
You answer the question and more, yes I'm talking about I-485 file who should be in NBC but thanks for your explanation . I'm so happy to know our I-485 file should be shipped to FO.
Yes I did the bio in walk-in 10 days before the appointment. I'm waiting the IL.
I'm going to do info pass to make expedit request as I'm current in July and also ask them to request my file from KCC, is that make problem for my case?
Thanks a lot

Nothing wrong with doing an INFOPASS to find out the status of your application. You however cannot simply go in and ask them to request your file from KCC, it's their job, they know what to do.

@TrustinGod2000,

Didn't you list your work history on your I-485 and G-325? Anyway, the IOs most likely are aware it takes a couple of days for an issued NOA to get to the recipient anyways, and the rule of thumb with immigration process is don't provide unsolicited information. But of course, you can bring it up on your own if it makes you feel better though.
Thank You, mom!! Point taken!!

Nothing wrong with doing an INFOPASS to find out the status of your application. You however cannot simply go in and ask them to request your file from KCC, it's their job, they know what to do.
Thanks Mom for your big heart and your patience.
Durning the bio time we had info pass at the same time, we asked the officer about our interview and to make expedite process request but he said the NBC is the one who suppose to receive your expedite request and he also he confused between the KCC Dv lottery and National visa center when we asked them did you make request for our file from KCC!
Do you have advice for the next info pass time?
Thanks

DV Receipt Payment, Hi guys can I send the payment through UPS or FEDEX, I could not tell from the payment instructions (I know, I am running a little late) just be came current 2.5 weeks ago.

Wow, you guys weren't kidding when you said the Newark FO was very efficient. As I mentioned earlier, my bio appointment was last Wednesday (07/22). I got the interview letter today (07/29), and my interview is tomorrow (07/30) at 09:30 am.

I am not even current until August, but am obviously going with all my documents, including the high school diploma certified by Foreign Credits, which became ready literally hours ago (and it's a good thing I ordered a downloadable copy - the actual package only arrives tomorrow or Thursday, even with the rush shipping).

Last edited:
Thanks Mom for your big heart and your patience.
Durning the bio time we had info pass at the same time, we asked the officer about our interview and to make expedite process request but he said the NBC is the one who suppose to receive your expedite request and he also he confused between the KCC Dv lottery and National visa center when we asked them did you make request for our file from KCC!
Do you have advice for the next info pass time?
Thanks

You were asking the wrong people the wrong questions hence the response you got. Also you need to be very careful with the words you use and the kind of questions you ask when you meet the the IOs. If you take a look at my previous response, you will notice I never said anything about the expediting request you spoke of, instead I said 'nothing wrong with doing an INFOPASS to find out the status of your application'.

I didn't use the word 'expedite' on purpose simply because I don't think you're at the stage where an expedite request is applicable to you. The people performing the biometrics have no access to the AOS files or what the AOS petition is based on, so asking them about the KCC case file or making an expedite request will no doubt result in some confusion or wrong response like you found out.

If you need to do an INFOPASS appointment with your FO, go ahead and do that. When you get there, you can ask if you've been scheduled for an interview yet, you can ask if your background check has cleared. You can even ask if your case file has been requested from KCC. You can politely explain about the need for your petition to be adjudicated before the FY ends or they run out of visas. However, I would recommend you don't go there demanding for them to expedite your case. Expediting a case is not a right, they're not required to approve the request even if it gets made.