• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 AOS Only

Hi, Thanks. Now here is the update from USCIS for Nepal- http://www.uscis.gov/news/alerts/immigration-relief-measures-nepali-nationals
Is there anything I can do with this? I don't understand much. My case scenario, I am Nepali, applied OPT extension last week, the package reached yesterday. AS66** not sure if it will be current in June or July. I desperately want to visit Nepal, but I guess best case would be after getting green card( that is if everything goes well ofcourse). My best bet was to do Advanced parole, and EAD along with AOS. I need suggestions?
Thanks, you have been a great help

Hi, Thanks. Now here is the update from USCIS for Nepal- http://www.uscis.gov/news/alerts/immigration-relief-measures-nepali-nationals
Is there anything I can do with this? I don't understand much. My case scenario, I am Nepali, applied OPT extension last week, the package reached yesterday. AS66** not sure if it will be current in June or July. I desperately want to visit Nepal, but I guess best case would be after getting green card( that is if everything goes well ofcourse). My best bet was to do Advanced parole, and EAD along with AOS. I need suggestions?
sorry not sure if number will be current for july or august

You can call the National Service Customer Center number provided on the link to find out how you can benefit from it.

Hi Everyone,

It's been more than week that I've received my NOA, but I have not received the bio letter. Some people who've received their NOA after me have already got the bio letter. Do you think it's a good idea to contact someone if I don't get it by the end of the week? if so, then should I call the KCC?

Thanks,
Armin

By the way, the reason I'm worried is because USPS has messed up my mail before, so I'm afraid they've misplaced my bio letter. I live in a big apartment and can't count on my neighbours on notifying me if they find the letter.

Cheers,
Armin

By the way, the reason I'm worried is because USPS has messed up my mail before, so I'm afraid they've misplaced my bio letter. I live in a big apartment and can't count on my neighbours on notifying me if they find the letter.

Cheers,
Armin

Although I would caution against the need to start getting worried going by what has happened to a couple of people who got NOA after you, I suppose there's nothing wrong with calling USCIS to find out if indeed your bio letter already got mailed out.

I am on F1 visa and last year, just 2 months to our wedding, my fiance in Africa was selected in the DV2015. We were excited and ended up returning DS260 soon after our wedding oblivious of the implications of her high CN (2015AF0007020*). We are still optimistic that our number is attainable but am worried about our options. AoS would be ideal for me but the earliest we can hope for anything will be September. My visa is due for renewal in June and am wondering if it is wise to take chances and plan for consular processing. Thanks

I am on F1 visa and last year, just 2 months to our wedding, my fiance in Africa was selected in the DV2015. We were excited and ended up returning DS260 soon after our wedding oblivious of the implications of her high CN (2015AF0007020*). We are still optimistic that our number is attainable but am worried about our options. AoS would be ideal for me but the earliest we can hope for anything will be September. My visa is due for renewal in June and am wondering if it is wise to take chances and plan for consular processing. Thanks

With your wife, as the main selectee, back in Africa, and with such a high CN, you can forget about processing AOS. If that CN ever becomes current, you wouldn't have enough time to finish processing AOS before the end of the 2015 FY.

Although I would caution against the need to start getting worried going by what has happened to a couple of people who got NOA after you, I suppose there's nothing wrong with calling USCIS to find out if indeed your bio letter already got mailed out.
Hi mom,

Thanks for the quick reply. I called USCIS and the very polite gentleman on the phone basically read to me what I can find on the USCIS case status page. He said he's not aware if the bio letter is sent or not. I looked at the timelines spreadsheet and seems like almost everyone has got their bio letter in less than a week after they've received their NOA. I'm gonna wait until the end of this week and call them again Friday afternoon. My question is do I need to reach a certain kind of person on the phone who knows more about my case or am I gonna get the same result as today's phone call.

Thanks,
Armin

Hi Mom,

I had my interview today, and the interview itself went well – the IO was very positive about my application. However, at the end of the interview, he asked if I got sent a "document containing a photograph with all my information"? I said no, and he said he was unable to complete the application process until they have that document. I asked him what this document was, and he said it was supposed to be sent from Kentucky on their end and he wondered if they possibly sent it to me instead(?). The IO then said that they will mail me the verdict, and I will have to wait until all of the processing is completed on their end to hear any news as to whether I was approved. He then took copies of my EAD, and then walked me out.

Once I got home, I called KCC to inquire whether my file had been requested by the FO and it hasn't. (So, I'm assuming that the document the IO was referring to was my case information from KCC?) While on the phone, the KCC representative said that I should go to USCIS and tell them to request the file, as they could have done it during the interview.

I am wondering if I should make an Infopass appointment to nudge them to request my file? Or should I wait it out a few weeks, and if nothing happens – visit my FO? I just don't want to get lost in their growing pile of cases, especially since I just had my interview. Is it usually the case for a busy FO to schedule an interview without the files from KCC?

Also, there are two Field Offices where I live: one with a significantly less processing time and one close where I live. I nominated the FO with the much less process time, despite being a little further away from my house.
When summoned for my Biometrics, it stated to show up at the nominated FO. My Interview however, was at a different field office (the one closer to me). I was wondering if this makes a difference at all – and if KCC will be sending my documents to my selected office or the one where I had my interview?

Hi Mom,

I had my interview today, and the interview itself went well – the IO was very positive about my application. However, at the end of the interview, he asked if I got sent a "document containing a photograph with all my information"? I said no, and he said he was unable to complete the application process until they have that document. I asked him what this document was, and he said it was supposed to be sent from Kentucky on their end and he wondered if they possibly sent it to me instead(?). The IO then said that they will mail me the verdict, and I will have to wait until all of the processing is completed on their end to hear any news as to whether I was approved. He then took copies of my EAD, and then walked me out.

Once I got home, I called KCC to inquire whether my file had been requested by the FO and it hasn't. (So, I'm assuming that the document the IO was referring to was my case information from KCC?) While on the phone, the KCC representative said that I should go to USCIS and tell them to request the file, as they could have done it during the interview.

I am wondering if I should make an Infopass appointment to nudge them to request my file? Or should I wait it out a few weeks, and if nothing happens – visit my FO? I just don't want to get lost in their growing pile of cases, especially since I just had my interview. Is it usually the case for a busy FO to schedule an interview without the files from KCC?

Also, there are two Field Offices where I live: one with a significantly less processing time and one close where I live. I nominated the FO with the much less process time, despite being a little further away from my house.
When summoned for my Biometrics, it stated to show up at the nominated FO. My Interview however, was at a different field office (the one closer to me). I was wondering if this makes a difference at all – and if KCC will be sending my documents to my selected office or the one where I had my interview?

Make an infopass. Hopefully the FO is realizing that it is their job to request it from KCC - but in the meantime get an infopass lined up where you can explain that if they haven't already requested it at that time....

Hi mom,

Thanks for the quick reply. I called USCIS and the very polite gentleman on the phone basically read to me what I can find on the USCIS case status page. He said he's not aware if the bio letter is sent or not. I looked at the timelines spreadsheet and seems like almost everyone has got their bio letter in less than a week after they've received their NOA. I'm gonna wait until the end of this week and call them again Friday afternoon. My question is do I need to reach a certain kind of person on the phone who knows more about my case or am I gonna get the same result as today's phone call.

Thanks,
Armin

Wait till the end of the week and call again. Wait for the customer rep to finish telling you the same story, then politely request to be transferred to a Level 2 officer, they more more access to parts of the file that the frontline customer/service rep can't see.

Hi Mom,

Go back to the FO and let them know they need to make the request directly to KCC for your file to be sent, let them know you already called KCC and they've confirmed your case file hasn't been requested.

I'm not sure what you mean by you nominated a less busy FO. Applicants don't nominate their FOs, USCIS determines the applicable FO AFAIK. I hope you're not mixing up an ASC with a FO. Anyway regardless of what you told KCC, case files don't get sent unless requested by the FO responsible for the interview.

Wait till the end of the week and call again. Wait for the customer rep to finish telling you the same story, then politely request to be transferred to a Level 2 officer, they more more access to parts of the file that the frontline customer/service rep can't see.
How do you know this stuff, Mom?! This is priceless information - dunno what we'd do without you, once again!

With your wife, as the main selectee, back in Africa, and with such a high CN, you can forget about processing AOS. If that CN ever becomes current, you wouldn't have enough time to finish processing AOS before the end of the 2015 FY.
Thank you so much for the useful brief....blessings!

Hi Mom

I am student in the OK, United states and won DV lottery 2015. My case number is AS8xxx. Do you think there is still any chance for me?