• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 AOS Only

They got my application and cashed my check!

A couple of questions. How do I find out which is my ASC and FO? And I keep reading bio walk-in on the google sheet, does that mean I can just show up before they schedule the bio?

Thanks!

The ASC and FO are assigned according to your zip code. For me, I found out my ASC when I got the bio letter and the FO when I scheduled an Infopass to inquire about my case when I hadn't received my interview letter.
Regarding bio appointments, usually walk-ins work but they might also not work since in theory it is by appointment only. You can try if you are willing to, nothing can happem besides they turn you away and ask you to come back on the date listed on your letter. But you have to have a letter, you can't go without one.

They got my application and cashed my check!

A couple of questions. How do I find out which is my ASC and FO? And I keep reading bio walk-in on the google sheet, does that mean I can just show up before they schedule the bio?

Thanks!

The AOS spreadsheet has the links (under the Useful Links tab, I believe) for locating your potential ASC and FO.

No, you can't show up before the bio is scheduled. You need the bio letter for a walk-in. A walk-in simply means showing up before your scheduled appointment.

Have you been checking your spam box regularly to confirm the 2NL hasn't gone in there? Of course it's possible also that KCC hasn't gone to your form yet, hence the none receipt for now. Anyway, not receiving it prior to your interview hasn't been known to be a show stopper.

Thank you for your help.
I have been checking my spam inbox daily since I submitted the DS260 , but no 2NL. The reason I am concerned about this is, because somewhere in this topic another user posted that they went to the interview and were approved, but that the officer put their case on hold because KCC had not forwarded the case to USCIS yet.

I sent a polite email to KCCDV@state.gov containing our names, DOBs, KCC case number (from the DV2015 entrant status check site), and the DS260 confirmation numbers, together with the following questions:

Dear Kentucky Consular Center,

My name is First Name, Last Name.
I have been selected for further processing for DV2015. My KCC case number is 2015EU00020xxx.
My date of birth is xx/xx/19xx

According to the visa bulletin, my case number is current for February 2015.

I submitted my DS260 online on 1/26/2015 and received DS260 confirmation number AA004xxxxx for myself.
I also submitted DS260 for my wife, First Name, Last Name (DOB xx/xx/19xx), and received DS260 confirmation number AA004xxxxx.

Since we elected the Adjustment of Status option, the USCIS has already started processing of our forms i-485 and has assigned case numbers for our forms i-485.

However, I have not received the 2nd notification letter from KCC.

Please let me know if our cases (Adjustment of Status) have been forwarded to the USCIS.
Please also let me know when I will receive the 2nd Notification Letter from KCC.

Thank you in advance.

Respectfully,

First Name, Last Name

This morning I received just this very short reply:

" Thank you for your inquiry.
Please direct your inquiry to the Citizenship and Immigration Services (CIS). "

But the reason I emailed KCC is to inquire about whether KCC forwarded my case to USCIS and to request the 2NL. Why would they ask me to check with USCIS, since my questions pertains to KCC's part and not USCIS?

Thank you for your help.
I have been checking my spam inbox daily since I submitted the DS260 , but no 2NL. The reason I am concerned about this is, because somewhere in this topic another user posted that they went to the interview and were approved, but that the officer put their case on hold because KCC had not forwarded the case to USCIS yet.

I sent a polite email to KCCDV@state.gov containing our names, DOBs, KCC case number (from the DV2015 entrant status check site), and the DS260 confirmation numbers, together with the following questions:

Dear Kentucky Consular Center,

My name is First Name, Last Name.
I have been selected for further processing for DV2015. My KCC case number is 2015EU00020xxx.
My date of birth is xx/xx/19xx

According to the visa bulletin, my case number is current for February 2015.

I submitted my DS260 online on 1/26/2015 and received DS260 confirmation number AA004xxxxx for myself.
I also submitted DS260 for my wife, First Name, Last Name (DOB xx/xx/19xx), and received DS260 confirmation number AA004xxxxx.

Since we elected the Adjustment of Status option, the USCIS has already started processing of our forms i-485 and has assigned case numbers for our forms i-485.

However, I have not received the 2nd notification letter from KCC.

Please let me know if our cases (Adjustment of Status) have been forwarded to the USCIS.
Please also let me know when I will receive the 2nd Notification Letter from KCC.

Thank you in advance.

Respectfully,

First Name, Last Name

This morning I received just this very short reply:

" Thank you for your inquiry.
Please direct your inquiry to the Citizenship and Immigration Services (CIS). "

But the reason I emailed KCC is to inquire about whether KCC forwarded my case to USCIS and to request the 2NL. Why would they ask me to check with USCIS, since my questions pertains to KCC's part and not USCIS?

Okay, I think you're beginning to get things mixed up here. Not receiving the 2NL has nothing to do with when a case file gets sent by KCC to the FO, and whether or not the case file actually gets sent. So the fact that someone posted that the IO couldn't approve their case because KCC hadn't sent their case file has nothing to do with the receipt or non receipt of the 2NL. I wouldn't tell you to stop worrying about it if it's something that could potentially hurt your case.

You asked KCC "if our cases (Adjustment of Status) have been forwarded to the USCIS", they gave you their standard response regarding AOS - which is all enquiries regarding AOS should be directed to USCIS, as they do not process AOS cases.

As a matter of fact, if you call KCC to ask about your 2NL, I'm willing to bet that whoever answers your call will tell you they don't send out 2NL to AOSers - yeah that's how KCC rolls :D

Hello @Sm1smom ,
I did last friday an Infopass in Dallas, since have not got the interview letter. They said we have your file but officer have not reviewed your case and scheduled the interview yet. Do you think the infopass will accelerate the process somehow? they said to wait 30-90 days.
Thanks

Hello I did my interview today with my husband but each one alone. We arrived early and then they called me first since I am the applicant. The officer started reviewing my applications I485 name date of birth...
1st question: u came on f1 visa how did u hear about ur school?? I
2nd: are u married?
3rd: do u hava kids??.
4th: who pay for ur school?
Then he checked all the ansews that are on the I485. Everything went smooth beside I forgot my sons birth certificate and he needed a proof that I was in status since I took last semester off due to my pregnancy by the way rhe school gave me the authorization and im on starus. The last thing he gave me a paper saying that he coyld not take his decision now so I will receive a letter on the mail. Is that normal not to say the decision right the way for aos f1 visa??? Do u think he will give us the green??? Thank u

Hello @Sm1smom ,
I did last friday an Infopass in Dallas, since have not got the interview letter. They said we have your file but officer have not reviewed your case and scheduled the interview yet. Do you think the infopass will accelerate the process somehow? they said to wait 30-90 days.
Thanks

It hopefully should nudge the case along, but I can't say for certain it will accelerate the process.

Hello I did my interview today with my husband but each one alone. We arrived early and then they called me first since I am the applicant. The officer started reviewing my applications I485 name date of birth...
1st question: u came on f1 visa how did u hear about ur school?? I
2nd: are u married?
3rd: do u hava kids??.
4th: who pay for ur school?
Then he checked all the ansews that are on the I485. Everything went smooth beside I forgot my sons birth certificate and he needed a proof that I was in status since I took last semester off due to my pregnancy by the way rhe school gave me the authorization and im on starus. The last thing he gave me a paper saying that he coyld not take his decision now so I will receive a letter on the mail. Is that normal not to say the decision right the way for aos f1 visa??? Do u think he will give us the green??? Thank u

Did you take the time-off authorization along with you to the interview? And I thought I told you to make sure to take your baby's B/C along too, or was that something I told someone else?

Anyway, what the IO said at the end of the interview is not unusual, and it has nothing to do with being a F1 visa holder. He's most likely going to approve the case, so you just need to be patient for the final approval.

After we finished the interview I went home and I took my baby's birth certificate and I went to school and they gave me a letter explaining that they gave me a semester off and that im still on status. So when the officer said we will mail u the final decision is normal right?? Also does it normally take a long time to approve the case??? Thank u

After we finished the interview I went home and I took my baby's birth certificate and I went to school and they gave me a letter explaining that they gave me a semester off and that im still on status. So when the officer said we will mail u the final decision is normal right?? Also does it normally take a long time to approve the case??? Thank u

Yes it's normal for the IO to say that - they need to review the additional documents you submitted and yes, the final decision could possibly take some time before it's made. It's also possible for it to be made shortly. So far, there's nothing that appears abnormal to me regarding your case.

Fingers crossed for you.
Hi Mom,

My CN is AS61** and I'm sure it will become current in July and we'll send out our package in coming weeks. So I would like to make sure there's no mistake in our documents. Let me explain my situation again. I'm currently living in TX for job and my wife is in NJ. Though I'll be here in TX for a while, I'll be traveling down to NJ for bio and interview. That's why I decided to use her NJ address as the primary address in all of my forms.

I'm a little confused with "Applicant's residence last five years" section in G-325. Only the top line has "Present Time" in "To Month/Year" section and the other lines are supposed to be filled with actual end date of residence. I wrote the NJ address in the top line and TX address in the second line. Should I put some end date (a month before the start date in NJ) for the TX address though I'm still there, or handwrite "Present Time"? I think the latter option is not good, but I'm wondering how I should deal with this form if we go for the former option.

Or, should I simply forget about the NJ address and write the TX address in the top line? I don't know if this works because all the other forms have only the NJ address.

Either way, I'm planning on telling IO that I'm currently living in TX for my work in the interview.

Thank you for your support.

Hi today I received an email saying that On April 30, 2015, we ordered your new card, and will mail it to the address you gave us. Does it mean that my case was approved? If yes do they need my passport to stamp on it or just the green card ???

Hi Mom,

My CN is AS61** and I'm sure it will become current in July and we'll send out our package in coming weeks. So I would like to make sure there's no mistake in our documents. Let me explain my situation again. I'm currently living in TX for job and my wife is in NJ. Though I'll be here in TX for a while, I'll be traveling down to NJ for bio and interview. That's why I decided to use her NJ address as the primary address in all of my forms.

I'm a little confused with "Applicant's residence last five years" section in G-325. Only the top line has "Present Time" in "To Month/Year" section and the other lines are supposed to be filled with actual end date of residence. I wrote the NJ address in the top line and TX address in the second line. Should I put some end date (a month before the start date in NJ) for the TX address though I'm still there, or handwrite "Present Time"? I think the latter option is not good, but I'm wondering how I should deal with this form if we go for the former option.

Or, should I simply forget about the NJ address and write the TX address in the top line? I don't know if this works because all the other forms have only the NJ address.

Either way, I'm planning on telling IO that I'm currently living in TX for my work in the interview.

Thank you for your support.

Yes, I remember your case, and I remember encouraging you guys to ensure you both use the same primary address to ensure your case doesn't get separated. So if you guys consider NJ as your primary residence, then you still have to list it on your G-325 on the top line. (By the way, I hope it's not a school address, as in your wife is not schooling in NJ? If yes, they may question your claim as to that being the family's primary address). Your TX address should be listed on the next line from when you started living there, and you can hand written 'Present Time' on the end date, you can't put an actual date since you're still residing there.

Hi today I received an email saying that On April 30, 2015, we ordered your new card, and will mail it to the address you gave us. Does it mean that my case was approved? If yes do they need my passport to stamp on it or just the green card ???

Congratulations, that means your case has been approved and your GC should be arriving in the next 1-2 weeks. Your passport is not needed for stamping.

Hi,
I just received my EAD/AP card but I haven't received interview notice, yet. Should I be worried and take any action?
Thanks,

Sooo, it's been 1.5 months since my interview and still nothing, and I think I may know why... I just logged in to the DS-260 website with my case number, and it says that my IV application was "not started" - so my lawyer probably never filed my DS-260. Having said that, I did receive my 2NL letter, so my lawyer clearly did get in touch with the department of state. I suspect that this is maybe why the documents from the department of state haven't reached the Manhattan field office and why I'm still waiting.

I'll ask my lawyer about this soon, but before I do I wanted to ask everyone here what they thought first. Do you think I should now fill the DS-260? Would that help at this stage or would it just confuse matters?

Also, what's the longest you've ever heard of anyone waiting after an interview? I'm starting to climb the walls right now!

Thanks all!

Yes, I remember your case, and I remember encouraging you guys to ensure you both use the same primary address to ensure your case doesn't get separated. So if you guys consider NJ as your primary residence, then you still have to list it on your G-325 on the top line. (By the way, I hope it's not a school address, as in your wife is not schooling in NJ? If yes, they may question your claim as to that being the family's primary address). Your TX address should be listed on the next line from when you started living there, and you can hand written 'Present Time' on the end date, you can't put an actual date since you're still residing there.
Thank you so much! I'll do as you advise. She is not schooling, and the NJ address is not a school address but a home address. I am really grateful for the kind support.

Sooo, it's been 1.5 months since my interview and still nothing, and I think I may know why... I just logged in to the DS-260 website with my case number, and it says that my IV application was "not started" - so my lawyer probably never filed my DS-260. Having said that, I did receive my 2NL letter, so my lawyer clearly did get in touch with the department of state. I suspect that this is maybe why the documents from the department of state haven't reached the Manhattan field office and why I'm still waiting.

I'll ask my lawyer about this soon, but before I do I wanted to ask everyone here what they thought first. Do you think I should now fill the DS-260? Would that help at this stage or would it just confuse matters?

Also, what's the longest you've ever heard of anyone waiting after an interview? I'm starting to climb the walls right now!

Thanks all!

Also the NYC FO has been experiencing heavy delays since late last year because the Queens FO "flooded" and had to close down and all cases were forwarded to NYC FO, mine included - this has since caused a major backlog at the NYC office and I am pretty sure they are in no hurry to stop hiding behind that excuse any time soon, judging by how laid back they appeared to be when I was there last...I know that does not answer your question but just thought that could also be contributing to the delay you are experiencing in some way or another..