• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 AOS Only

Hi Mom

I am student in the OK, United states and won DV lottery 2015. My case number is AS8xxx. Do you think there is still any chance for me?

I expect that that number to become current. When? I don't know and I try not to guestimate, I leave that to those who love number crunching :)

Hi everyone!
I had my interview last week on April 30th. IO asked the same questions on I485 and didn't ask for any documents except for the original of the AOS fee receipt. She said she will approve my case and request a visa number by the end of the day. However, when I check my status online it's still "Fingerprint Fee Was Received" message. I believe it should say CPO if IO has already requested a visa number. Should I go for an infopass?

Hi everyone!
I had my interview last week on April 30th. IO asked the same questions on I485 and didn't ask for any documents except for the original of the AOS fee receipt. She said she will approve my case and request a visa number by the end of the day. However, when I check my status online it's still "Fingerprint Fee Was Received" message. I believe it should say CPO if IO has already requested a visa number. Should I go for an infopass?

Give it some time/days.

Thank you for your answer. What about my processing time?
Do I have enough time to finish processing AoS before the end of the 2015 FY? (My case number is AS8xxx)

Hello Mom, I am a DV 2015 winner with a high case number AS15XX, so I bet I won't have the chance ... Just wanna ask something .... Me and husband have multiple entries to US for 5 years .... Do we have a chance about AOS if we move now there ... Thx

Hello Mom, I am a DV 2015 winner with a high case number AS15XX, so I bet I won't have the chance ... Just wanna ask something .... Me and husband have multiple entries to US for 5 years .... Do we have a chance about AOS if we move now there ... Thx

As with CP, your number must become current in order to get an AOS interview. So if you don't have a chance with CP, you wouldn't either with AOS.

908x366.png.ca7b06596ad64cfe9f9440aa1559a0ad.large

Hi everyone,

So I checked my status online and saw that it changed to the above. Does it mean I don't have to do the bio, or do they not post that online and they will mail me that?

Also, exciting!

Hello Mom, you didn't answer me. Do I have enough time to finish processing AoS before the end of the 2015 FY? (My case number is AS8xxx).
Thank you for your helps.

Hello Mom, you didn't answer me. Do I have enough time to finish processing AoS before the end of the 2015 FY? (My case number is AS8xxx).
Thank you for your helps.

I certainly wasn't ignoring your question, but the truth is I don't sleep on the 'net, you know ;). It's not like your question has been pending answered for days, and even if it has, you guys have to excuse us sometimes, we do have other life outside of this forum :rolleyes:

Anyway, we know of cases that became current in September, the last month of their applicable FY, who successfully completed the AOS process. Now, I'm not saying your CN will become current in September, I already stated that I don't know when it will become current. So in the worst case scenario, if it were to become current in September, there's a high probability of completing the process. It will be a nerve wracking, nail biting period of time in your life, but it's doable. Take a look at the last couple of pages of the DV2014 and DV2013 to get a better feel of what I'm talking about.

908x366.png.ca7b06596ad64cfe9f9440aa1559a0ad.large

Hi everyone,

So I checked my status online and saw that it changed to the above. Does it mean I don't have to do the bio, or do they not post that online and they will mail me that?

Also, exciting!

AFAIK, everyone must do the bio. For AOSers, the background check cannot take place without a completed biometric which means the AOS petition cannot be approved. As to the information regarding being in line to be scheduled for an interview, it's the first time I'm seeing that. Probably a newly instituted process, nonetheless I see no reason why they would skip the bio.

Hello,
with the very slow progress in VB numbers for Africa I am starting to wonder if AOS was the best choice. With AF46XXX I expect to be current only in August or September. Moreover I live in New York city and it seems that they experience significant backlog...
I guess the best choice is still to stick to AOS because it is too late to unlock again my file in KCC and switch to CP but I would like to know your opinion. When I applied to E2 visa at the embassy I was put in CP for 2 weeks.
thank you for your help (and sorry for being annoying with all my questions, I can't help it is so stressful) !

Hello,
with the very slow progress in VB numbers for Africa I am starting to wonder if AOS was the best choice. With AF46XXX I expect to be current only in August or September. Moreover I live in New York city and it seems that they experience significant backlog...
I guess the best choice is still to stick to AOS because it is too late to unlock again my file in KCC and switch to CP but I would like to know your opinion. When I applied to E2 visa at the embassy I was put in CP for 2 weeks.
thank you for your help (and sorry for being annoying with all my questions, I can't help it is so stressful) !

I can't give you the 100% assurance you're seeking, so like I said before "the FOs are aware of the Sept deadline that DV AOSers are faced with and typically try to accommodate that in their scheduling"

Hello Mom,
1) How soon or when should F-1 (student) inform the school that he/she applied for AOS?
2) Can a person attend the Bio appointment earlier than the date on the letter?

Hi folk,

I have a question regarding to the fees of the form I-485 which is $1,70.

I am a single, and my salary is low. Can I apply for waiver so I do not have to pay the fees?

Please let me know how I can do that.

Thanks, and let me know.

Hello Mom,
1) How soon or when should F-1 (student) inform the school that he/she applied for AOS?
2) Can a person attend the Bio appointment earlier than the date on the letter?

I'm very curious to hear the answer to this question too.

What I was told is that you shouldn't inform the school you're applying for AOS until the very end (when you have the Green Card in your hard) at which point they can go ahead and close your SEVIS file.

The reason for this is that the F1 visa does not allow dual intent (ie: you're not allowed to hold it if you intend to remain in the USA permanently). It's unclear whether applying for AOS is enough to "show intent to remain" (the only case law I've found on the subject is the Matter of Hosseinpour, google it, which implies that applying for AOS does not show intent to remain), but if it does, it means that you may be on shaky ground in keeping your F1 status.

Something else I've been told is that you should never use your EAD card or Advance Parole while on F1 status, because as soon as you use either, you leave F1, and if your AOS is denied, you now have no status in the US (the implication being that if you hadn't used your EAD/AP, you'd still have remained in F1 status and you could fall back on that).

All of this is curated for a number of sources/lawyers I've spoken to, but none of it is certain so take it with a big grain of salt. I'd love to hear Mom's answer on this.