• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2014 Kenyan Selectees report here

As the curtain closes on DV 2014 am really humbled by God's doing as we prepare to relocate I want to wish everyone the very best and may God open doors of blessings for all of you, I want to really thank all you guys for all the information, questions answered and all the words of encouragement it is what kept all of us going
DV 2015 I wish you guys the very best in a that you do inquire from God via prayer and all will be well God choose you with a gud purpose
And all who are to try for DV 2016 all the very best

As the fiscal year 2014 comes to the end I want to thank God for al of us who are green as we relocate to usa guide us oh lord in everything we do.all the best to 2015 team remember our God is able to level ur mountain.
Yeap the fiscal year 2014 is now history...if @Britsimon can generate some CEAC data in the next couple of days we can analyze and determine a couple of issues. Generally DV2014 had a higher response rate than the last couple of DV's...my hope for DV2015 is that it is also not over subscribed. With Nigeria not in the picture and the introduction of online forms, I am certain these 2 factors could determine how it trends.

Yeap the fiscal year 2014 is now history...if @Britsimon can generate some CEAC data in the next couple of days we can analyze and determine a couple of issues. Generally DV2014 had a higher response rate than the last couple of DV's...my hope for DV2015 is that it is also not over subscribed. With Nigeria not in the picture and the introduction of online forms, I am certain these 2 factors could determine how it trends.

The final data is here Jonge http://forums.immigration.com/threads/final-dv2014-ceac-data.322799/

Sadly DV2015 is oversubscribed also. There is a 15k reduction is selectees, but Nigeria accounts for 6k of those and the reduction in country selection cap from 6k to 5k accounts for the rest.

Nigeria visas (around 3k) will be re-allocated so that will help, but at the same time Nigeria created a lot of holes, so the density of cases will be higher - therefore I doubt AF numbers can go much higher than DV2014....

Ours all arrived at the same time. (Each in its own envelope though.) Give it a day or so and if it hasn't arrived, go ask why.
Junior6 congratulations and all the best with the relocation. According to the U.S. Department of State Foreign Affairs Manual Volume 9 FAM 42.73
PROCEDURAL NOTES section 9 FAM 42.73 PN2.1 Annotating the Immigrant Visa sub-section (c),
"Because a beneficiary may not precede the principal applicant in entering the United States, indicate if the applicant is a beneficiary accompanying or
following to join the principal applicant. You should use the IVO drop-down annotation: “Valid only if Acc/FTJ Father/Mother/Spouse.”

In other words, the beneficiaries can not travel to the US before the principal applicant. They can either travel with or after the principal applicant has done so.

I hope this helps.

see link below
http://www.state.gov/documents/organization/87909.pdf
thank you all for the guidance

I have a question to ask. For those in the US with family members, did your SSN arrive together with that of each family member or did the mails arrive separately? Mine arrived today without my husband's. Just wondering if that's normal especially as he's the principle appli

I think its normal coz a fred of mine his dota came after a week and he z stil waiting for his and wife like three weeks now ,jonge iwish safe journey and others who r relocating soon only that here life z buzy everyday especially wen yu have a family simon can yu inbox yua name on face book akello where are yu i wil get yu soon otherwise i applied for ssn no on monday opened an account bank of america but my children are not yet to school coz the process z not yet thru for enrollment otherwise i thank GOD this far .i wish dv 2015 all the best i pray no cut off that every one wil have chance to face the CO may God bless all

Hi ya'll to those that have already completed their interviews... approx how much should a family with two kids budget for the medicals? Thank you...

HI, guys finally fiscal year 2014 is over and I wanna thank God for everything that he has done for all of us, for the guys who have started the journey 2015 wish you all the best, and for those relocating here wish you success too ,have been here for the past 6 months and its not that easy for starters but once you settle then ,America is the land full of opportunities',anyone who needs my advice pliz go to my inbox and send me a text, and if you coming to Texas especially Dallas ,you most welcome, cheers........

Today I tell the world that DREAMS ARE VALID IF YOU BELIEVE

I entered DV2006 got notified messed with dependents ie not including existing dependent went thru medicals attended interview and got denied coz of incomplete application.

Determined me after losing all that cash tried the following year entered and wasn’t selected.

Dv2013 got selected again and sent in my documents to Kentucky and the Black Monday 13th May came in and the selection was cancelled coz it selected only those who applied early, an appeal was done on pro bono basis by a lawyer in US and kept praying that it would help the 22,000 selectees notified continue with the process unlucky me and the rest the judge stuck with DOS.

I gave up and feeling bitter told my wife that I had given up on my dream to relocate to US and she told me GODS TIME IS THE BEST and when u want to give up that’s the time God can do miracles well a re-Run was done for DV2013 and we were unlucky and after the encouragement from wife I took my laptop did another application for DV2014 and prayed to God for his will to be done

Luckily when the results came in was busy with my studies and one lazy Sun remembered had applied n checked the results and dint believe my eyes got selected, I remember sweating at night not believing ma eyes and did a call to my wife who was out of town and words could not come from my mouth…..she asked me severally what was wrong and after a deep breath told her we got selected again.

I am happy to say that the process went on smoothly though expensive but we managed to get the Visas and will be relocating to US this Oct and mine to forum mates is that never give up and God has good plans for everyone and never give up in trying.

Hope to meet some or most DV2014 team green in the US during Xmass holiday and thank you all the Admins and all forum mates. God will never forsake us.

Regards

Banangeh
thanks for sharing your story, its encouraging for those who seems to have given up, you welcome to the land of opportunities

hey simon stl waiting for the ssn nothing much yu can do wthout it yu wil be shocked unlike kenya yu just do anything quick coz yu have some coins ,everything z orderly what i love abt their system z no corruption ,like school i was given an appointment on 14 oct and and yu have to go on what thy are telling the system z like exatly wat embassy runs its affairs regardless big or small simon stil waiting yau face book name pliz nbox otherwise iwish every one luck

Hi everyone wishing all those who are preparing to relocate all the best
if you want to pay your USCIS FEE, @rogers.com referred me to one Mr Mutonga whose Mobile No. is XXXXXX who assisted me to pay he is based at Caxton House Kenyatta Avenue Next to Seal Honey Stationery shop, for those who maybe stuck call him and all the best

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi everyone wishing all those who are preparing to relocate all the best
if you want to pay your USCIS FEE, @rogers.com referred me to one Mr Mutonga whose Mobile No. is XXXXXX who assisted me to pay he is based at Caxton House Kenyatta Avenue Next to Seal Honey Stationery shop, for those who maybe stuck call him and all the best

Sammie I edited your post - first because it isn't great to publish someone elses phone number on an internet forum, and second the nature of the "service" that is being suggested may be advertising/risky - although personal referral is a good thing. So we appreciate the community spirit you display - we just have to be a bit careful. I have left the other contact details for now - Mom may have a different view.