• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2014 Kenyan Selectees report here

Sammie I edited your post - first because it isn't great to publish someone elses phone number on an internet forum, and second the nature of the "service" that is being suggested may be advertising/risky - although personal referral is a good thing. So we appreciate the community spirit you display - we just have to be a bit careful. I have left the other contact details for now - Mom may have a different view.

100% in agreement with you. I'm sure the "Mr. Mutonga" himself will not appreciate his personal information being publicly displayed on the net either.

Hi every one i welcome 2015 forumates and and i op its gonn be helpful as 2014 wish yu guys wel for those who didnt make in 2014 theres always nxt tme life z very busy here in the US so i would urge if there is something yu can do like paying of USCIS fee before yu relocate the better coz sometimes here z very tight like enrolling children for school which yu cannot do in one day and many initial preparations things are very procedural here we received our ssn in a 6 days and am starting work tomorrow God z great!! may God be wth yu all.

Hi every one i welcome 2015 forumates and and i op its gonn be helpful as 2014 wish yu guys wel for those who didnt make in 2014 theres always nxt tme life z very busy here in the US so i would urge if there is something yu can do like paying of USCIS fee before yu relocate the better coz sometimes here z very tight like enrolling children for school which yu cannot do in one day and many initial preparations things are very procedural here we received our ssn in a 6 days and am starting work tomorrow God z great!! may God be wth yu all.
Thanks so much Roger for the Insight and your real time information.I wish more could share the progress as some on this side are very anxious to know what awaits them on the other side.The way I know you(openness) am sure you can share more on matters pertaining jobs and their pay(I hope our Private messaging works).

HI, guys finally fiscal year 2014 is over and I wanna thank God for everything that he has done for all of us, for the guys who have started the journey 2015 wish you all the best, and for those relocating here wish you success too ,have been here for the past 6 months and its not that easy for starters but once you settle then ,America is the land full of opportunities',anyone who needs my advice pliz go to my inbox and send me a text, and if you coming to Texas especially Dallas ,you most welcome, cheers........
Hi! resian I thank God for giving me a chance to come to America. Thanks for the 6month experience update. Am landing in Dallas DFW on sunday 26th oct 2014 at 300hrs. Am looking forward to meeting you in person some day

Thanks so much Roger for the Insight and your real time information.I wish more could share the progress as some on this side are very anxious to know what awaits them on the other side.The way I know you(openness) am sure you can share more on matters pertaining jobs and their pay(I hope our Private messaging works).

Hello Simon and all members, I know how anxious you are...I was like that beforeI relocated. You'll probably get your SSN in a weeks time as Rodgers has pointed out 2 if it stays fo long.
So basically you won't do much in your 1st month here unless maybe you tag along with your host to work. I mean that's if you can do the job S/he's doing. Another thing to look forward to is a welcome community, people just smile and greet you not everyone though but most will just smile at you(And what do yu do in return, You definately smile back :) !!).
There are jobs but most of them need some kind of certification, Some will train and certify you, but others require that certification before you start working. Another thing you'll notice is that you need to talk loud, not that LOUD but you really need to gather your courage and speak out in a way that a person can here you, You don't want someone to keep telling you "come again" everytime you say something. Feels like they are not paying attention but in the real sense you are the problem. Don't be afraid to talk because you fear your English is not good and stuff. Just say whatever you have to say, try to explain it in other words if you have to, Just don't be afraid of speaking!! (Had to learn this one way or another, still learning though)
I don't know about other states, but here in CA there's drought. It has been there for like 10 yrs now, so it's Hot. I've had the previledge to visit few neighbouring towns and hey!, they are just great. Most of them have Spanish/Mexican names. Lots of Mexican food to (This mostly is for those coming to CA)
Great roads, you do 60-80 mph in a freeway....Leisure activities, Shooting (Hmmm guns guns guns, Big guns) , Fishing if you like, Fitness centers (There are gyms almost at every corner of the street)>
There's tax in most of the things you'll buy. if a shoe is 35 bucks there's probably 5 more bucks for tax so it'll go upto 40bucks. Not bad if you are working though...
On a brighter side, America is a great place to be in.

Welcome to America!! ;-) ;-) ;-)

Thankyou all for the point of correction I had posted the post with him coz I thot he would assist those who wanted to pay n had no one to do it for em, its appreciated n wishing all the very best

Hello Guys out there, i have just learnt that finally TYT has gotten his passport returned to him WITH THE VISA DATED 2ND OCTOBER.... he is heading to the States.
As for me - i am deeply grateful for the good wonders God has showered with me lately - I got my SSN on the 6th of October after applying for it on the 2nd of October. But much Prior to that i was part-timing in a good audit company.....So Please guys let's LIVE THE DREAM..

Hello Guys out there, i have just learnt that finally TYT has gotten his passport returned to him WITH THE VISA DATED 2ND OCTOBER.... he is heading to the States.
As for me - i am deeply grateful for the good wonders God has showered with me lately - I got my SSN on the 6th of October after applying for it on the 2nd of October. But much Prior to that i was part-timing in a good audit company.....So Please guys let's LIVE THE DREAM..

Hahahaha - that is fantastic!!!

For those who have not yet crossed, please do so immediately......because the longer you take the more stringent the entry becomes due to the Ebola Scare. All the same have a safe journey. The Job hunt for me is still on coz i d have idle time n my part-time office job doesn't mint all the Dollars.
Please if you do have any questions kindly reach my inbox....
Ciao.:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Thanks God I landed well to the usa today is my first day n I like it already looking forward to a greater day everyday

Exciting times - good luck! Go to the Social Security office early next week to appply for or check on your SSN - you are about to find out you can't do much without it....

Awesome news!!
It also confirms something else - that the visa just has to be approved, not actually issued by the end of the FY.

Thanks to GOD tyt finally went thru denizboy welcome to america sammie 101 how z tha going thankyu jorji for yua effort to reach me i wish everyone best simon i wish yu well on medicals