• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2014 european winers here

Thank you all !!!

One more thing, if maybe someone knows , in the visa " Annotation 212 (g) (2) (B) " what does that mean??? Thanks

It means whoever has the annotation got a waiver on some incomplete medical exam (most likely because they were not age approprate)

9FAM 42.73 PN3.3-3 Notation for Vaccination Waiver states:
  • If a vaccination requirement has been waived, posts must annotate the immigrant visa to indicate the appropriate waiver grounds in the annotation field, either "212(g)(2)(A), (B) or (C)," as appropriate.

http://www.state.gov/documents/organization/87909.pdf (pg 7-8)

what the hell is happening , the forum is frozen , the vb does not respond to emails. if the month of september has exhausted visas should it be cut-off but its not so ,, what is happening?

what the hell is happening , the forum is frozen , the vb does not respond to emails. if the month of september has exhausted visas should it be cut-off but its not so ,, what is happening?

....what are you talking about exactly?
The forum is not frozen, the VB is a document not a person so not surprising it is not responding to emails, and September IS cut off.

Hey Folks,

Have a quick question. I'm having my interview on 13th of August but my boss wants me to go to the US for couple of weeks around 18th of August. From what I gathered, it takes at least a week for the London embassy to send the passports and the packets back so I would have to use my British passport to travel to the US but....where would I stand from the immigration point of view at that time? If my visa gets approved but I still haven't received it, can I travel to the US? I was planning to activate my GC in November so doing it in August goes against my plans big time anyway. Also I would have to take my wife with me on a business trip.

I'm guessing it would be wise to tell my boss to do it himself :cool:

Hey Folks,

Have a quick question. I'm having my interview on 13th of August but my boss wants me to go to the US for couple of weeks around 18th of August. From what I gathered, it takes at least a week for the London embassy to send the passports and the packets back so I would have to use my British passport to travel to the US but....where would I stand from the immigration point of view at that time? If my visa gets approved but I still haven't received it, can I travel to the US? I was planning to activate my GC in November so doing it in August goes against my plans big time anyway. Also I would have to take my wife with me on a business trip.

I'm guessing it would be wise to tell my boss to do it himself :cool:

Yep, that wouldn't be a good idea. No problem if your wife travels another time (you don't have to activate at the same time) but the 5 days gap is a short time.

By the way, have you thought about the tax/reporting implications of activating in November? Basically you will have to report for FY 2014 whereas activating in January means one year less of reporting.....

Yep, that wouldn't be a good idea. No problem if your wife travels another time (you don't have to activate at the same time) but the 5 days gap is a short time.

By the way, have you thought about the tax/reporting implications of activating in November? Basically you will have to report for FY 2014 whereas activating in January means one year less of reporting.....
Might not be an advantage to wait until January if you are reporting dual status in a tax year you cannot file as a married couple. Perhaps better to get it out of the way by filing dual status in ex December.

Hi guys,
If we have noticed on forms that the derivatives will go to US at the same time as the principal applicant we HAVE to do that or the winner can activate the green card alone and go back to France and derivatives can join us alone?
I don't know if I am really clear ! :confused:

Hi guys,
If we have noticed on forms that the derivatives will go to US at the same time as the principal applicant we HAVE to do that or the winner can activate the green card alone and go back to France and derivatives can join us alone?
I don't know if I am really clear ! :confused:
Yes, after getting the visas, the principal winner can go first and activate the GC...

Always here my loving vlady :oops:

Ok BUT does the winner activate ALL( derivatives) green cards in his passage at the custom?

No, each card gets activated as the person enters. So each visa holder has to enter and activate their green card before their visa expires. The principal must enter before or with the others.

Hey guys,

I just got an info from a Macedonian forum member, he had scheduled interview two months ago, but he delayed his interview so the embassy rescheduled him for today.
Today he went in the embassy for an interview, paid the fees and then he was told that they cannot process his request because there are no more visas left (he is in EU region)

Does that means that there are no more visas left for the people who are trying to obtain their GC after the scheduled date or there are no GC available at all for EU region? Just to mention, Macedonia is around 350 GC issued every year so i doubt we hit the limit.

Wow....really? I presume we will hear from others if that was really the reason for denial...
I have to be honest, I am doubting that is the reason even if it is what he told you - because I do not believe they would have made him pay the visa fee if there were no visas left. So I am more inclined to suspect he has been denied for another reason.

Hey guys,

I just got an info from a Macedonian forum member, he had scheduled interview two months ago, but he delayed his interview so the embassy rescheduled him for today.
Today he went in the embassy for an interview, paid the fees and then he was told that they cannot process his request because there are no more visas left (he is in EU region)

Does that means that there are no more visas left for the people who are trying to obtain their GC after the scheduled date or there are no GC available at all for EU region? Just to mention, Macedonia is around 350 GC issued every year so i doubt we hit the limit.

I got a letter from London embassy confirming my interview in August and today and they replied also to my email saying that the I can update my forms at the interview so your friend is talking bollocks!!!

I got a letter from London embassy confirming my interview in August and today and they replied also to my email saying that the I can update my forms at the interview so your friend is talking bollocks!!!

Yeah, that's what i thought. He had scheduled interview, but for some reason he rescheduled it for 2 months later. I wouldn't be surprised if they really don't have any ADDITIONAL numbers left for the people who canceled or postponed their interviews. But even then, they should let them know at the beginning, when they collect the documents, before he paid the fees.

I just wanted to hear your opinion, but I'm emailing the embassy to check my status. I'll keep you posted.

Thanks,