• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2014 european winers here

That's the medicals done in London!
Health check, x-ray, blood, couple of vaccines for me and the missus and....650 quid gone o_O

Ouch! ;)

And they look "under the skirt" too :D

Franko can you shed a light on what extra jabs did you actually get, I'm doing my examination on WED. I was expecting to get
TDaP and MMrR boosters, judging from the costs you gave there might be generic requirement to be given
something else on top of these two.

Franko can you shed a light on what extra jabs did you actually get, I'm doing my examination on WED. I was expecting to get
TDaP and MMrR boosters, judging from the costs you gave there might be generic requirement to be given
something else on top of these two.

Your assumption is correct (except for the price :)) We received MMR and Tetanis-Diphtheria and Polio shots. And all together I was asked to pay £650:
- 2x245 for the examination, blood and x-ray (their standard price)
- 2x80 for the vaccines

So they pretty much charged 40 quid per MRR and TDaP.

Could find a better way of spending all that dosh :)

And one more suggestion. I would avoid hard exercises day before. I did a pretty damaging session on Sunday in the gym (arms, shoulders, back mainly) and when I got the needle in the muscle in my right arm is squealed like a little piggy :D Skin puncture was fine but the muscle felt weird and shaky :)

Last edited:
Right, Im feeling that pain already, big time as I have family of five to be examined ... hopefully children will not have take
that many shots.

Right, Im feeling that pain already, big time as I have family of five to be examined ... hopefully children will not have take
that many shots.

Five??? :eek:

I think kids examination is only £125 but still it's going to hurt. With only medicals, translations, photos, police certificate and traveling costs I already exceeded 1000 pounds in spending so if they screw me over and say "Well, sorry Dude but we ran out of visas just yesterday" I will be well pissed off :)

By the way, I was there half an hour before my appointment and they were OK with me joining the happy bunch in the waiting room. Just filled some extra forms and then off it went. You have different person doing vaccines, x-ray and health check so we were out in less than an hour. With five of you I would expect 1.5 hours max.

So what is everyone's predictions for September. Will anything change or eu high case numbers of is September absolutely cut off . ?? Has anyone heard anything from someone with cn more thsn 40150 being contacted?

So what is everyone's predictions for September. Will anything change or eu high case numbers of is September absolutely cut off . ?? Has anyone heard anything from someone with cn more thsn 40150 being contacted?
They say wait for August 15. But nothing changed. Plane flew away, the train was gone. Wait for the next lucky ticket.:)

Five??? :eek:

I think kids examination is only £125 but still it's going to hurt. With only medicals, translations, photos, police certificate and traveling costs I already exceeded 1000 pounds in spending so if they screw me over and say "Well, sorry Dude but we ran out of visas just yesterday" I will be well pissed off :)

By the way, I was there half an hour before my appointment and they were OK with me joining the happy bunch in the waiting room. Just filled some extra forms and then off it went. You have different person doing vaccines, x-ray and health check so we were out in less than an hour. With five of you I would expect 1.5 hours max.

Agreed. However I think that once you are invited, your visa goes to "reserved" pool so its either granted (expired for no show ups)
or being refused based on the interview outcomes.
I'm mentioning that as I saw the other thread where someone stated visa refusal during actuall interview based on lack of visas, in my opinion its
a complete nonsense so once you are officially invited - 2nd letter - your visa(s) is waiting.

Agreed. However I think that once you are invited, your visa goes to "reserved" pool so its either granted (expired for no show ups)
I'm mentioning that as I saw the other thread where someone stated visa refusal during actuall interview based on lack of visas, in my opinion its
a complete nonsense so once you are officially invited - 2nd letter - your visa(s) is waiting.

I think so too. And people who rescheduled their interview might have to wait till the beginning of next month (in this case August) to get visa allocated to them again. I would assume they allocate visas based on CEAC each month.

London, Warsaw and couple of other embassies that I know of are happily replying to people's enquires and have not said anything about cancellations.

I received an email from London embassy today saying that they won't issue another invitation letter with my wife's married name. I just need to show up with her old passport and a birth certificate at the interview so she could get in. Nothing there about cancelations or visas running out.

There was someone who seemed to have potentially lost a visa number as they missed their originally scheduled interview - which tallies with what you say.

When it could make a difference is near FY end and if they have more acceptances than expected - then numbers will run out. We've seen this happen for individual countries before. But it would not be a case of refusing someone in the middle of the interview - then they would cancel the interview first.

I think so too. And people who rescheduled their interview might have to wait till the beginning of next month (in this case August) to get visa allocated to them again. I would assume they allocate visas based on CEAC each month.

London, Warsaw and couple of other embassies that I know of are happily replying to people's enquires and have not said anything about cancellations.

I received an email from London embassy today saying that they won't issue another invitation letter with my wife's married name. I just need to show up with her old passport and a birth certificate at the interview so she could get in. Nothing there about cancelations or visas running out.
Same here with vladek junior, they said I must just rock up with him at the interview...

meaning that dv 2014 winner do not get an interview for october 2014 i presume? or do we have a very slight chance for getting it? or 0% as you have put it :( . thanks for the reply !

Fiscal year for DV-2014 ends September 30th, 2014. If you haven't got any visa by then, you will not get one.