• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2014 european winers here

Interview experience at Frankfurt, Germany

My appointment was at 08:00 am.
We arrived at the Consulate at: 07:00 am.
I left my car at the Hotel about 850 meters away. No problem for me but for my wife with her uncomfortable shoes.
It wasn’t necessary to leave the car at hotel because there was enough parking available at the Consulate and on the opposite side of the road.
There were two queues before we entered the consulate building.
The left one is for Non-Immigrant applicants and the right on for us (Immigrant Visa). We waited for 5 minutes.
We got a Number at the registration Window
All the staff are very friendly and polite. There is no reason is to be nervous.
At the security check we had to put everything based on metal in a plastic bag and take it to the next building after the scan. There I could wear up my watch and glasses etc.
Both I and my wife were in suits (Business like) and that was perfect. I saw some people there not properly dressed. I recommend you to be dressed nice. Not like a party but like serious business like.
In the main building we were directed to the left.
On 1st Window I paid the fee 660 USD with credit card. I recommend credit card. You will get better exchange rate by credit card.
10 minutes later we were called to the 2nd Window where the office collected documents one after other. Passports, police certificates, birth certificates, marriage certificate, divorce decree for the previous marriage, bank certificate, educational certificates and they took the finger prints from both hands.
After further 20 minutes we were called to the 3rd window. Where we swore the truth about the information in the forms and finger prints again and the officer congratulated us and we were told that the passports will be sent by German registered mail to us.
For my nation fellows: Please take the Postal stamps for 4.60 Euro with you.
I took these from the automatic machine. I recommend taking these with you.
At 08:50 we were completed and left the building. I hope to receive the passports next week some time.
Good luck to all.

Congrats, NordDE :)
Did you file an apointment (online, such as on ustraveldocs.com, or elsewhere) before the interview?

I agree with you, britsimon. I let the consualte officer know abut my concerns. He said that technically I'm right, but that never happened. Quite odd.

I think I'll wait for the next visa bulletin to see wheter June is current or not (99% it won't be current IMO, so visas will be still available), and only then reschedule my interview for June. I think this way is safe.

BR

I do not think, that Simon knows more embassy. :) Better prepare for your interview. Refrain from these men. Your pessimism is based on speculation.

Actually there is proof that this happens - ask those Iranians who had their interviews, completed AP and still lost out on their visas when Iran hit their country limit last year.

I left my car at the Hotel about 850 meters away. No problem for me but for my wife with her uncomfortable shoes.
It wasn’t necessary to leave the car at hotel because there was enough parking available at the Consulate and on the opposite side of the road.
The left one is for Non-Immigrant applicants and the right on for us (Immigrant Visa). We waited for 5 minutes.
All the staff are very friendly and polite. There is no reason is to be nervous.
At the security check we had to put everything based on metal in a plastic bag and take it to the next building after the scan. There I could wear up my watch and glasses etc.
Both I and my wife were in suits (Business like) and that was perfect. I saw some people there not properly dressed. I recommend you to be dressed nice. Not like a party but like serious business like.
On 1st Window I paid the fee 660 USD with credit card. I recommend credit card. You will get better exchange rate by credit card.
10 minutes later we were called to the 2nd Window where the office collected documents one after other. Passports, police certificates, birth certificates, marriage certificate, divorce decree for the previous marriage, bank certificate, educational certificates and they took the finger prints from both hands.
After further 20 minutes we were called to the 3rd window. Where we swore the truth about the information in the forms and finger prints again and the officer congratulated us and we were told that the passports will be sent by German registered mail to us.
At 08:50 we were completed and left the building. I hope to receive the passports next week some time.
Good luck to all.

That sounded simple - congratulations!

Good luck to all.

Congratulations! Und Vielen dank for writing out your experience :D

Congratulations! Und Vielen dank for writing out your experience :D
Welcome and good luck to everyone.
I would appreciate if all others also write their experience here and don’t forget this forum after the success. I believe that it helps to those who have not yet undergone the process.

So we have our immigration visa in our passports! :cool: :)

Before i describe our interview experience i would like to thank britsimon and sm1smom for their advices.

So we had an appointment for monday 24th at 11,00 am, and i can't describe how nervous we were. We entered embassy around 10,50 and we exited around 12,00. The procedure was as follows:

1 - First we paid 660 usd, with cash
2 - Then embassy employee called us to give them documents we had, marriage and birth certificates, police and military records and we gave them affidavit of support i-134 (they didnt ask), and we gave them photos of us and bank statements to prove our relationship (we married after the interview was scheduled)
3 - After that we waited for 20 - 25 minutes conuslar officer called us, he said hy on croatian and we responded on english and after that whole interview was conducted on english. Interview didnt last long maybe 10 minutes. All questions were about us, how long do we know each other? where did we met? etc.

Consular officer was very nice and interview was easy going. Once again thank you britsimon and sm1smom, now we have to plan a trip :)

Before i describe our interview experience i would like to thank britsimon and sm1smom for their advices.

So we had an appointment for monday 24th at 11,00 am, and i can't describe how nervous we were. We entered embassy around 10,50 and we exited around 12,00. The procedure was as follows:

1 - First we paid 660 usd, with cash
2 - Then embassy employee called us to give them documents we had, marriage and birth certificates, police and military records and we gave them affidavit of support i-134 (they didnt ask), and we gave them photos of us and bank statements to prove our relationship (we married after the interview was scheduled)
3 - After that we waited for 20 - 25 minutes conuslar officer called us, he said hy on croatian and we responded on english and after that whole interview was conducted on english. Interview didnt last long maybe 10 minutes. All questions were about us, how long do we know each other? where did we met? etc.

Consular officer was very nice and interview was easy going. Once again thank you britsimon and sm1smom, now we have to plan a trip :)

Many congratulations.

So we had an appointment for monday 24th at 11,00 am, and i can't describe how nervous we were. We entered embassy around 10,50 and we exited around 12,00.

Hey! Congrats!! I've been wondering how your interview went. Very happy for. Wishing you both a happy life in the US :)

I hope US will find a way to reveal this scheme other wise, either they will increase the selectees number, either will exclude these countries from the participants list , wchich will have effects on the surrounding countries(or exsoviet) as the fraudsters do not give up like that...

Hi,
EU26xxx here, from Hungary.
If you read the topic you know i had to reschedule, so i had my interview 1 week later than the original appointment.
I spent about 90 minutes in the embassy.
Everything went well, except when i last came home from the US, the airlines forgot to report that to immigration, so in their system i was still in the US,
I had to provide evidence that i left the country that month i provided in the papers.
I did not had my boarding passes with me so i had to mail them from home.A few days later i got an email that my papers are being processed.
I had my visa in my hands one week after my interview.
So if you have been in the US before, bring some evidence that you left in case this happens to you too.I was on J1 visa, and my agency said it happens every year with a few people.
The staff was very friendly, and helpful. There were only a few people in the embassy that day.
First thing was providing the papers,after that paying the 330$. Then a bit later i had the interview,witch lasted 10 minutes or so.I was a bit nervous, but looking back the interview,the whole process was easy and everything went well.

Now its time to plan :)
Good luck to everyone else in their interview!

Hi,
EU26xxx here, from Hungary.
If you read the topic you know i had to reschedule, so i had my interview 1 week later than the original appointment.
I spent about 90 minutes in the embassy.
Everything went well, except when i last came home from the US, the airlines forgot to report that to immigration, so in their system i was still in the US,
I had to provide evidence that i left the country that month i provided in the papers.
I did not had my boarding passes with me so i had to mail them from home.A few days later i got an email that my papers are being processed.
I had my visa in my hands one week after my interview.
So if you have been in the US before, bring some evidence that you left in case this happens to you too.I was on J1 visa, and my agency said it happens every year with a few people.
The staff was very friendly, and helpful. There were only a few people in the embassy that day.
First thing was providing the papers,after that paying the 330$. Then a bit later i had the interview,witch lasted 10 minutes or so.I was a bit nervous, but looking back the interview,the whole process was easy and everything went well.

Now its time to plan :)
Good luck to everyone else in their interview!

Congratulations! Good thing you were able to provide the necessary evidence to prove your timely departure from the US.

Hi,
These days we are in Bucharest, Romania, for the interview. I've just received the medicals. They are in sealed envelopes, one for each member of the family. There is no clue on the envelopes if we got medical clearance or not, and the medical staff at pick-up didn't say much, just a vague and bored "yeah, probably". The medical exams went fine and I heard the doctor saying something like "everything fine to me", however there were some blood tests for the kids that we aren't aware of the outcome (the results arrived 5 days later the med. exam.). I'm 99.99% sure that we are all healthy and passed the medicals (we already live in US and got a lot of the medical exams when enrolled the health insurance), but still... is it normal not to be informed whether you passed the medicals or not?
Thanks!

Hi,
These days we are in Bucharest, Romania, for the interview. I've just received the medicals. They are in sealed envelopes, one for each member of the family. There is no clue on the envelopes if we got medical clearance or not, and the medical staff at pick-up didn't say much, just a vague and bored "yeah, probably". The medical exams went fine and I heard the doctor saying something like "everything fine to me", however there were some blood tests for the kids that we aren't aware of the outcome (the results arrived 5 days later the med. exam.). I'm 99.99% sure that we are all healthy and passed the medicals (we already live in US and got a lot of the medical exams when enrolled the health insurance), but still... is it normal not to be informed whether you passed the medicals or not?
Thanks!

Not telling you anything means your medical results are fine. If you or any member of your family had a communicable disease that would have disqualified you, the doctor is required to tell you so that you can begin the course of an appropriate treatment.

Good luck with the interview.

Hi, I am new to this forum, and have one question
My interview will be 25 June, in London.I will go with my husband an 2 kids. For evidence of support we have money in the bank account which is on my husbands name, (we don't have joint accounts ). Won't it be a problem, as I am a principal applicant?
Thanks

Hi, I am new to this forum, and have one question
My interview will be 25 June, in London.I will go with my husband an 2 kids. For evidence of support we have money in the bank account which is on my husbands name, (we don't have joint accounts ). Won't it be a problem, as I am a principal applicant?
Thanks

No, that shouldn't be a problem. Good luck with the interview.