• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2014 european winers here

Hi folks,

I've just received the invitation, I'm CN EU 30xxx. :) It will be at the end of May.

I'm already in US and my daughter is in school. The summer vacation is starting in the middle of June, and I think it would be good for her to finish the school before we'll be traveling back to our country for the intervew. So I'm considering to postpone the interview for about 1 month. Do you think I'm risking if I do this?

Thanks, and best of luck!

Two-year Home-Country Physical Presence Requirement

Hi everyone!
First of all, good luck to all of you!!
My interview appointment has just been scheduled, so I've been reading interview preparation notices and I came across this Two-year Home-Country Physical Presence Requirement, which I've never heard of before.
It says that exchange visitors (J1 visa holders) must return to their home country for two years at the end of their exchange program.
Does anyone know if this applies to Work&Travel program? I returned from my last W&T program in September 2012 and my interview is scheduled on May 20th, that means I'll have been staying in my country for less than 2 years by then. Should I be worried? Is that an issue for Work&Travel participants?

Thanks!

CN 2014EU00029xxx

Hi everyone!
First of all, good luck to all of you!!
My interview appointment has just been scheduled, so I've been reading interview preparation notices and I came across this Two-year Home-Country Physical Presence Requirement, which I've never heard of before.
It says that exchange visitors (J1 visa holders) must return to their home country for two years at the end of their exchange program.
Does anyone know if this applies to Work&Travel program? I returned from my last W&T program in September 2012 and my interview is scheduled on May 20th, that means I'll have been staying in my country for less than 2 years by then. Should I be worried? Is that an issue for Work&Travel participants?

Thanks!

CN 2014EU00029xxx

Check your visa in your passport. If it says 2 year rule does not apply, than your good. It depends on your contry.

Interview date change

Did anyone changed an appointment date?
I see mine in the site, but the date is not good for me
Is it possible to change the date for the next week? Does it affect my visa?

Did anyone changed an appointment date?
I see mine in the site, but the date is not good for me
Is it possible to change the date for the next week? Does it affect my visa?

Hi Davzone,

Did you call the US embassy in Hungary? What they said?

I'm in the same boat like you (I would like to postpone the interview). I'm from Romania, so I called the US embassy in Bucharest and asked them about risks of postponing. Basically, they said that once I have been scheduled for the interview, I can safely postpone it for any date that is ealrier than the 1'st of September. It seems that all postponed candidates eventually got their DV visa - again, this is US consulate in Bucharest, Romania.

BR

Hi Davzone,

Did you call the US embassy in Hungary? What they said?

I'm in the same boat like you (I would like to postpone the interview). I'm from Romania, so I called the US embassy in Bucharest and asked them about risks of postponing. Basically, they said that once I have been scheduled for the interview, I can safely postpone it for any date that is ealrier than the 1'st of September. It seems that all postponed candidates eventually got their DV visa - again, this is US consulate in Bucharest, Romania.

BR

It seems like you are saying that a postponed case has a visa reserved for them. I REALLY don't think that is true. It seems pretty much certain that there will not be enough visas for all this year, so postponing to a date in August or September would be extremely risky.

interview notification?

Hi folks,

I've just received the invitation, I'm CN EU 30xxx. :) It will be at the end of May.

I'm already in US and my daughter is in school. The summer vacation is starting in the middle of June, and I think it would be good for her to finish the school before we'll be traveling back to our country for the intervew. So I'm considering to postpone the interview for about 1 month. Do you think I'm risking if I do this?

Thanks, and best of luck!

How did you get notified of the interview (email or snail mail?) or does it show up in the dv lottery website?

How did you get notified of the interview (email or snail mail?) or does it show up in the dv lottery website?

I've got an auto-generated email coming from "noreply@state.gov", asking me to check this page for updates (login with your confirmation number):

https://www.dvlottery.state.gov/ESC/

You can check that page from time to time if you're affraid that the email won't make it to your inbox. Or just set your spam filter to NOT filter out mails coming from state.gov

Don't expect for snail mail, KCC is only using email.

It seems like you are saying that a postponed case has a visa reserved for them. I REALLY don't think that is true. It seems pretty much certain that there will not be enough visas for all this year, so postponing to a date in August or September would be extremely risky.

I agree with you, britsimon. I let the consualte officer know abut my concerns. He said that technically I'm right, but that never happened. Quite odd.

I think I'll wait for the next visa bulletin to see wheter June is current or not (99% it won't be current IMO, so visas will be still available), and only then reschedule my interview for June. I think this way is safe.

BR

I agree with you, britsimon. I let the consualte officer know abut my concerns. He said that technically I'm right, but that never happened. Quite odd.

I think I'll wait for the next visa bulletin to see wheter June is current or not (99% it won't be current IMO, so visas will be still available), and only then reschedule my interview for June. I think this way is safe.

BR

Every year they tell people there "may not be" enough visas for all - and every year there are enough. However, this year is different, and as amazing as this might seem, the KCC/USCIS/embassy staff don't (in general) seem to understand that.

BR

Well, that's just wrong. It has happened, just not since before the global crisis...

I do not think, that Simon knows more embassy. :) Better prepare for your interview. Refrain from these men. Your pessimism is based on speculation.

lolololol ..... :) ... amazing peoples....

Every year they tell people there "may not be" enough visas for all - and every year there are enough. However, this year is different, and as amazing as this might seem, the KCC/USCIS/embassy staff don't (in general) seem to understand that.