• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2014 AOS Only

Status
Not open for further replies.
I won the lottery not my wife as now I can also file being spouse of an eligible candidate.
I am confused again. :) You won the lottery, and you will also file for your wife as she is the eligible spouse, right?

I don't want to tell my employer anything yet since they may stop the process all together . I'll just will delay things there till I get GC through DV and then tell them the same.
That's understandable. I would still consult with a lawyer if I were in your shoes.

Also I have E-2 status is US and I do a lot of travel .Is there any problem for my travel to oversea after I mailed my ds-122,ds-230 to KCC?

Thank you to everyone

I am not familiar with E-2 visa. It may be considered as dual intent but I'm not sure at all. Please consult with a lawyer. If it has issues regarding dual intent, and you need to renew it abroad, you may run into a problem.

The DV fee to the DoS should be sent after you get a response from KCC in the e-mail, which also has a form attached for the DV fee payment. Or you can pay it now.

Blue:
Hi Guys

my name has been selected and my case number is 000003##. I already read this thread just to make sure I am repeating some questions.
Thank you. :) 300 is great but what region are you from?
I am currently in US on F1 visa and I am not graduating in near future. I want to go through AOS since I do not want to go out of US for my application. I have following questions:

1- How is my case number?
You'll be current in October if you are from EU, AS or AF.

2- just to make sure again right now I have to send my barcodesheet+ ds122+ 2 photos ? no need to send DS 230 ?
No you don't need to. I did but apparently I didn't have to. You can call KCC to double check.
3- in DS 122 part 6 for education. Should I list only from highschool or I have to start from very beginning elementary school and before that?
I wouldn't worry about elementary school.

4- what should I write for my current university in US in "degree(s) or certificates(s) received" part? I have not received any degree yet?
Then you don't write it.

AOS question, help please!

Hello,
I have been selected for 2014 DV. I am currently in US (H1B). I got married after I had filled out my application for DV last year. My wife is in US (H1B) as well. I have already sent my DSP122 for to KCC.

My question is- Do I have to send all other forms DS230I/II as well in order to include my wife in the application process right away or I can include her later on? (I called KCC and this lady told me that I do not even have to send anything at all, not even DSP-122, which was really weird. But I send DSP-122 anyways)

Also, I suppose, my next step would be to Pay the fee ($660) for me and my wife, correct?

Status - My DSP-122 has already reached KCC on 9th May but I have not received any acknowledgement from them, but after reading some other postings, I realized that it might not be that big of an issue.

Any help/guidance is appreciated.

-Thanks

Blue:
Hi, everyone! This forum has been a great help. My husband is DV 2014 selectee. After carefully reading through the forum, I still have some questions. Hope to get answers 
So our situation is my husband is on F2 status - my dependent. I am on F1 status-nursing student. On my I-20 it says that the completion date is 07/31/2014. His case number is 2014EU00033*** which is just a borderline.
So far in the previous years our number became current - the latest- august.
My options to maintain the status is to prolong my I-20 with additional classes or apply for OPT.
1st:
After sending DS-122 to KCC will I still be able to prolong my I-20 for an additional semester since it is under my husband’s name? Or USCIS won’t allow me to?
Hopefully, getting an I-20 extension should not be a problem. I would worry more for a visa renewal abroad. If you are thinking about an extension, you should not really wait until the last few months. Please talk to your int'l adviser around January or so.

2nd :
Since my completion date is 07/31/2014, the earliest I can apply for OPT according to my calculations is 05/01/2014. Will I be able to get an OPT after my husband sends DS-122 or will it be denied since we are intending to immigrate?
When you apply for OPT, and also send I485 within 90 days of each other, you can run into problems. If you apply for OPT in May, and you are current in June or July, that would be risky.
Thank you for your time!

Blue:
First of all thank you so much for the people actively helping others in this thread.

I have one question. My Case # is AS18XXX. I know this is bad considering this years progression of CN's. But, looking at previous years, seems like I might be current on the month of April/May. I am hoping next year it won't be bad as this year, since I am on F1 status, and I want to do AOS instead of CP. So my question is that, how bad is my case number, from anyone who has a good knowledge about the case numbers for each region.
Nobody can really tell you anything you don't already know by looking at the previous visa bulletins.
Also, on a side note, I asked my international advisor at school about the implications on applying to OPT, after sending the DSP 122 to the KCC, and he said there's none. He said don't worry about that, but he said there might be a slight chance that my F1 will not get re-stamped if I leave the country, and tried to come back.
DSP122 is sent to the KCC which is part of DoS. USCIS is under DHS. So chances are, you won't run into problems just for sending DSP122. But being careful does not hurt. If you need F1 visa abroad, you can be sure that consulate knows that you won the lottery and sent the DSP122, so it is really up to them to issue the visa or not. It is too risky for my taste so I would sit tight.
Thanks again aos13 and Sm1smom :)

Blue:
Hello,
I have been selected for 2014 DV. I am currently in US (H1B). I got married after I had filled out my application for DV last year. My wife is in US (H1B) as well. I have already sent my DSP122 for to KCC.
So you got married after you entered the lottery, but before you knew you won? You should be fine but expect some scrutiny about your relation before the marriage. You may have to show proof at the interview, like photos, e-mails, trips together etc. as well as proof after the marriage like joint documents (bank account, insurance, etc.)
My question is- Do I have to send all other forms DS230I/II as well in order to include my wife in the application process right away or I can include her later on? (I called KCC and this lady told me that I do not even have to send anything at all, not even DSP-122, which was really weird. But I send DSP-122 anyways)
People report different things about their conversations with KCC. My understanding is DSP122 should be sent so that they know you'll pursue the GC. You don't need to send the DS230 forms for AOS. When your number is current, you'll need to file for yourself and your wife.
Also, I suppose, my next step would be to Pay the fee ($660) for me and my wife, correct?
Yes.
Status - My DSP-122 has already reached KCC on 9th May but I have not received any acknowledgement from them, but after reading some other postings, I realized that it might not be that big of an issue.
You will hear from them, but not very soon. You'll receive an e-mail with two attachments; one is a letter that acknowledges your intent to do AOS (you'll file this letter with your application), other is a form for the DV fee payment, but you don't have to wait for that form to pay the DV fee.
Any help/guidance is appreciated.

-Thanks

Thank you for the prompt reply!!
I got married after I entered the lottery, but before I knew I won. Got married December 2012. I have marriage certificate from court as well from December so I hope it will not be a big issue regarding marriage.

I will be sending the fees today/tomorrow and keep updating here if this were to change :) .

Again, thank you for replying and Thanks to this Forum/Thread.

F1

Here's my situation.. CN is AS...4*** almost 5*** , Currently in F1 nd visa expires on December 2013 but i am mainting F1 status in community college.. Planning to go back to Community college until i get my GC.
Questions:1) I am planning to do AOS.. is it a good idea?
2)Will the visa expiration matter even if i am maintaining my F1???
2) Will the fact that i am still in Community college matter during interview??
3) How good is CN AS4*** ?? Approx Current case month??

Can someone give some suggestions??

blue:
Here's my situation.. CN is AS...4*** almost 5*** , Currently in F1 nd visa expires on December 2013 but i am mainting F1 status in community college.. Planning to go back to Community college until i get my GC.
Questions:1) I am planning to do AOS.. is it a good idea?
It depends on your circumstances. Make sure you read and understand previous posts regarding F1 students.
2)Will the visa expiration matter even if i am maintaining my F1???
No, unless you are planning to travel.
2) Will the fact that i am still in Community college matter during interview??
It depends. They don't really care what kind of education you are here for. But if you already have a university degree, and you are going to CC just to extend your stay in US, eyebrows will be raised. Also, you need to show enough finances, if you are not getting paid as an assistant by your college, or if they think the degree you are going for will not get you a good enough job, you may be required to get a sponsor.
3) How good is CN AS4*** ?? Approx Current case month??
They say Asia is going slow this year, and your number would have been current in March. So next year you can expect similar timing.

Can someone give some suggestions??

Thank You

Thank You so much

I am not familiar with E-2 visa. It may be considered as dual intent but I'm not sure at all. Please consult with a lawyer. If it has issues regarding dual intent, and you need to renew it abroad, you may run into a problem.

The DV fee to the DoS should be sent after you get a response from KCC in the e-mail, which also has a form attached for the DV fee payment. Or you can pay it now.

F1

Thank You so much. I dont have any university degree. I graduated with associates and still taking courses in community college never transferred to a University. planning to get another associates degree from community college as i decided to change my major.
I have never worked or get paid for anything..
i think it simplifies my case a little bit.

Hi
my wife won lottery then she mailed DS122 +2 pic+ bar code for herself as i found out here.
what should i do now as a spouse?Do i need mail something to kcc?

few questions before starting the process

My case number is 2014EU000228xx. Currently I have a H1B visa that will expire in June 2015. I am the only applicant. No family members are applying for the green card. I have decided I will do AOS. A few questions;

A) I understood that I have to send the form DSP-122, two photos, and the barcode sheet from the original selectee notification letter to the US Department of State. What about the DS-230 (part I and II)…should I send this???
B) When should I send the check for the Adjustment of Status fee payment? At the same time that the documents listed in A? or should I wait until the US Department receive the documentation in A) and ask me for the check?
C) The self-addressed stamped envelope that they ask me to send…it is just for the check or should I also send a self-addressed stamped envelope with the documents listed in A???

Thank you very much,
PAU1

This forum has been great help. I am also the selected for DV2014 with CN: 2014AS00012XXX and I would greatly appreciate any advice in the case. I am currently in H1B status expiring in Jan 2016 but my H1B visa stamp already expired in Dec 2012. Is this high number for Asia? I am confused and worried which path should I take AOS or CP since my case is bit different. I have been charged with concealment of goods, but the prosecutor voluntarily dismissed the charge and the charge was later expunged. Below are details.

CN: 2014AS00012XXX
Jun 2010: arrested and charged of concealment of goods for less than 10 dollars.
Aug 2010: case dismissed and expunged ( this is the first and last charge)
May 2011: went back to my home country and visa stamped in US embassy ( expunged and VD dismissal court letter shown) and visa stamped till Dec 2012 expiry date. Questions asked by CBP officer at POE
Feb 2012: went back to home country and returned back. I have valid visa stamped from previous visit. Q's asked by CBP officer at POE.
Current date: Valid H1B till Jan 2016 but visa stamped expired.

My question is which would be better route to go AOS or CP. Considering my CN is relatively higher, and I have court case even though it is dismissed, I am afraid that it might take longer time to process AOS and probably run out of time. Also if I do CP in my home country and rejected because of the court case, will I be able to apply H1B visa? What are the chances of being GC visa denied but getting H1B visa after GC visa denial? If I go CP route, can I do H1B visa stamping in my home country before the interview date for DV visa just to be secure in case I am denied in GC interview. Also, if GC interview is successful, will POE be easy?
I am freaking out. You advice is greatly appreciated.

Thank You so much. I dont have any university degree. I graduated with associates and still taking courses in community college never transferred to a University. planning to get another associates degree from community college as i decided to change my major.
I have never worked or get paid for anything..
i think it simplifies my case a little bit.
As long as you don't need to get another F1 visa stamp abroad, or need to apply for OPT, you should be fine. Make sure you maintain your status and you have your high school diploma. Also, you might want to start planning about financial proof.

Hi
my wife won lottery then she mailed DS122 +2 pic+ bar code for herself as i found out here.
what should i do now as a spouse?Do i need mail something to kcc?
You don't need to do anything for now. When her CN is current, you'll file two applications and show evidence like marriage certificate.

blue:
My case number is 2014EU000228xx. Currently I have a H1B visa that will expire in June 2015. I am the only applicant. No family members are applying for the green card. I have decided I will do AOS. A few questions;

A) I understood that I have to send the form DSP-122, two photos, and the barcode sheet from the original selectee notification letter to the US Department of State. What about the DS-230 (part I and II)…should I send this???
No.
B) When should I send the check for the Adjustment of Status fee payment? At the same time that the documents listed in A? or should I wait until the US Department receive the documentation in A) and ask me for the check?
It is not the AOS fee. It is the DV fee ($330 to DoS St. Louis address). You can send it now if you want.
C) The self-addressed stamped envelope that they ask me to send…it is just for the check or should I also send a self-addressed stamped envelope with the documents listed in A???
The envelope is for the receipt that they will send you for your DV fee payment. Make sure you send either the form from KCC's e-mail, or you produce a 'form' similar to here:
http://www.travel.state.gov/visa/visa_4763.html
They will send you the same form back with a receipt stamp.

Thank you very much,
PAU1

blue:
This forum has been great help. I am also the selected for DV2014 with CN: 2014AS00012XXX and I would greatly appreciate any advice in the case. I am currently in H1B status expiring in Jan 2016 but my H1B visa stamp already expired in Dec 2012. Is this high number for Asia?
It is on the higher end.
I am confused and worried which path should I take AOS or CP since my case is bit different. I have been charged with concealment of goods, but the prosecutor voluntarily dismissed the charge and the charge was later expunged. Below are details.

Jun 2010: arrested and charged of concealment of goods for less than 10 dollars.
May 2011: went back to my home country and visa stamped in US embassy ( expunged and VD dismissal court letter shown) and visa stamped till Dec 2012 expiry date. Questions asked by CBP officer at POE
Feb 2012: went back to home country and returned back. I have valid visa stamped from previous visit. Q's asked by CBP officer at POE.
You should talk to an immigration lawyer regarding the court case. You may still need to submit the court documents even though it was dismissed and expunged.
My question is which would be better route to go AOS or CP. Considering my CN is relatively higher, and I have court case even though it is dismissed, I am afraid that it might take longer time to process AOS and probably run out of time. Also if I do CP in my home country and rejected because of the court case, will I be able to apply H1B visa?
What are the chances of being GC visa denied but getting H1B visa after GC visa denial?
I don't know, but as long as you are in H1B status, you should be able to get the visa because H1B is dual intent. Regarding the court case, again consult with a lawyer.
If I go CP route, can I do H1B visa stamping in my home country before the interview date for DV visa just to be secure in case I am denied in GC interview. Also, if GC interview is successful, will POE be easy?
If you were questioned at POE only because of your court case and nothing else, I guess you can expect similar questioning this time too, but I don't know.

This forum has been great help. I am also the selected for DV2014 with CN: 2014AS00012XXX and I would greatly appreciate any advice in the case. I am currently in H1B status expiring in Jan 2016 but my H1B visa stamp already expired in Dec 2012. Is this high number for Asia? I am confused and worried which path should I take AOS or CP since my case is bit different. I have been charged with concealment of goods, but the prosecutor voluntarily dismissed the charge and the charge was later expunged. Below are details.

My question is which would be better route to go AOS or CP. Considering my CN is relatively higher, and I have court case even though it is dismissed, I am afraid that it might take longer time to process AOS and probably run out of time. Also if I do CP in my home country and rejected because of the court case, will I be able to apply H1B visa? What are the chances of being GC visa denied but getting H1B visa after GC visa denial? If I go CP route, can I do H1B visa stamping in my home country before the interview date for DV visa just to be secure in case I am denied in GC interview. Also, if GC interview is successful, will POE be easy?

In support of aos13's response, I also suggest you speak with an immigration lawyer knowledgable in DV processing (not a criminal lawyer). You case is not quite simple enough for you to rely on suggestions from complete strangers online.

Status
Not open for further replies.