• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2014 AOS Only - New Thread

What does FO means?
Can we expedite the process?
Is there anything we can do?

Are we on time to finish the whole process?
The payment was with money order and was sent with confirmation of reception.
I called today to KCC but they say that they dont have yet the confirmation of payment from St Louis, can I call St Louis=?

What does FO means?
Can we expedite the process?
Is there anything we can do?

Are we on time to finish the whole process?

FO = Field Office.

Have you called KCC as suggested? Did you use some tracking method to send in the payment?

Yes I called several times, and will keep on calling.
Have tracking confirmation of reception last friday.

Well, it's possible it hasn't been processed, that's why KCC hasn't received any information about it yet.

You can give this number for the National Visa Center a shot: (603) 334-0700 - they may be able to help or provide you with another number to call once you explain that you're trying to follow up on the payment you sent in to St. Louis

Hello Everyone, it was the longest hours in my life. Here is our interview experiance. We had 9.30am time. Came 9.10am. Passed security. Waiting upstairs until 9.45am an then.... Fire alarm goes on! Everyone was evacuated outside, employees too. Hundred of people got across the street and we were waiting, 30 minutes... Then first employees go in, we have to stay in line for security purposes again. So until we got upstairs was 10.30am. We were ask to go in in a few minutes. Interviewer was very friendly, asked no questions, about where we lived here etc. get our original documents, all pictures I brought and looots of questions about our marriage. Which was kinda funny for us because we are almost 9 years together, both from the same EU country :/. Each of us even spend 30 minutes with Him separately answering questions about our relationship... We was so stressed out :( After that we both got in again, He said in His way overall looks good, but They don't have our file from KCC yet also They are not decision makers and NBC have to look up closer to all loose ends of this case. We got letter saying "Your I-485 interview is complete. Homever your priority date is not current at this time. Your case will be transferred to National Benefits Center until Your priority date becomes current. Once your case priority becomes current, the NBC will make the final decision on your case". He said He knows dv is very time sensitive so if we will not hear back until September 15th we should do infopass walk in to speed up and follow up with up process. Any thoughts? Looks good or bad :(

Hello Everyone, it was the longest hours in my life. Here is our interview experiance. We had 9.30am time. Came 9.10am. Passed security. Waiting upstairs until 9.45am an then.... Fire alarm goes on! Everyone was evacuated outside, employees too. Hundred of people got across the street and we were waiting, 30 minutes... Then first employees go in, we have to stay in line for security purposes again. So until we got upstairs was 10.30am. We were ask to go in in a few minutes. Interviewer was very friendly, asked no questions, about where we lived here etc. get our original documents, all pictures I brought and looots of questions about our marriage. Which was kinda funny for us because we are almost 9 years together, both from the same EU country :/. Each of us even spend 30 minutes with Him separately answering questions about our relationship... We was so stressed out :( After that we both got in again, He said in His way overall looks good, but They don't have our file from KCC yet also They are not decision makers and NBC have to look up closer to all loose ends of this case. We got letter saying "Your I-485 interview is complete. Homever your priority date is not current at this time. Your case will be transferred to National Benefits Center until Your priority date becomes current. Once your case priority becomes current, the NBC will make the final decision on your case". He said He knows dv is very time sensitive so if we will not hear back until September 15th we should do infopass walk in to speed up and follow up with up process. Any thoughts? Looks good or bad :(
Mmm interesting, he did not ask us a single question about our marriage. He just confirmed our date of marriage, which is 7.5 years ago. Maybe because we have a child together, he did not ask.
As far as sending the file to NBC, I have no idea, Moms and Simon would help you in this matter.
As far as my case, it is still under initial review and we are waiting to see what will happen.
Good luck for everyone

Mmm interesting, he did not ask us a single question about our marriage. He just confirmed our date of marriage, which is 7.5 years ago. Maybe because we have a child together, he did not ask.
As far as sending the file to NBC, I have no idea, Moms and Simon would help you in this matter.
As far as my case, it is still under initial review and we are waiting to see what will happen.
Good luck for everyone
Our date of marriage was 2 days after we find out we won gc. Maybe this is way He thought is suspicious. I hope we proved enough that our marriage is clearly because of Love and because we are together forever already.

Our date of marriage was 2 days after we find out we won gc. Maybe this is way He thought is suspicious. I hope we proved enough that our marriage is clearly because of Love and because we are together forever already.
Mmm I see why he asked so many questions regarding the marriage.
He also gave us the white paper but he checked the first option "your case is held for review and no further documents required now"
Hopefully, everything will be fine for us.

The letter you got is completely wrong. They should hold your case at the FO until the KCC file arrives and your case is already current, so the priority date not being current thing is incorrect. Don't wait until the 15th. Schedule an infopass to check that they are holding the case at the FO and to see when they receive the KCC file. You should be approved as soon as they have that file.

The letter you got is completely wrong. They should hold your case at the FO until the KCC file arrives and your case is already current, so the priority date not being current thing is incorrect. Don't wait until the 15th. Schedule an infopass to check that they are holding the case at the FO and to see when they receive the KCC file. You should be approved as soon as they have that file.
I thought is wrong. So what should I do now? :( wait 10 days and schedule an infopass? And what should I say on this infopass??

I thought is wrong. So what should I do now? :( wait 10 days and schedule an infopass? And what should I say on this infopass??

I would look for the infopass right now. I think a supervisor will catch the mistake the IO made and fix it, BUT it might slip through, and sending your file to NBC will delay things.

I would look for the infopass right now. I think a supervisor will catch the mistake the IO made and fix it, BUT it might slip through, and sending your file to NBC will delay things.
OMG! Can I just do walk in infopass?? Cuz is no way to schedule room on infopass website for next two weeks ;(

OMG! Can I just do walk in infopass?? Cuz is no way to schedule room on infopass website for next two weeks ;(
keep checking the site as slots become available. I had the same problem. As far as I know you need to have an appointment to get to their office. Most of the USCIS-FO's don't even make a phone number available and of course check with Mom and see what she advises.

Take the 2 week slot just in case. Then try walk in to the FO. Take all your paperwork and take the letter you were given and explain that the letter makes no sense. Take the printed policy memo too, because that describes how the process is supposed to conclude - at the FO.

Oh, and when you are there, ask for a "fastpass" for a follow up appointment.

Honestly. These FOs really don't know what the heck they are doing!!!

Go ahead and schedule the infopass for now, then try to do a walk-in. You will need to go with a copy of the VB showing when your CN became current and any other relevant document you can think of to show the urgency of Dv cases.

Honestly speaking, you should have spoken up about when your case became current when the IO mentioned that he needed to send your case back to NBC. Again, he could have been mixing things up about your asylum case case. You should have asked follow up questions for clarification purpose.