• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2014 AOS Only - New Thread

What!!? I feel hopeless again...
how can we do??
Do we have any chance if we interview in Sep.???
So worry...

Honestly speaking, you're stressing needlessly over something you have absolutely no control over at the moment. As it turns out, you and Simon are in the same FO, and he's made a great case for all DV cases with his going. I don't think anyone else could have made a better case than he's done.

The next thing you can do for now is to contact your congressperson and get them to also follow up with your FO on your behalf. Maybe if they keep receiving inquiries about DV delays from the congress or house of rep people, the SF station chief may have a rethink about his foolish decision to leave the DV cases till Sept.

So for now, tell your wife to stop crying and both of your should stop stressing yourselves. All will be well eventually, fingers crossed for you!

One more, I hope last question, in a spreadsheet interview tips says: "You may be asked about the type of visa you applied for and why you wanted to come to the United States. While it may appear that the USCIS officer is just making polite conversation, he or she may be trying to judge whether or not you had “immigrant intent” at the time you got your visa -- that is, whether you actually intended to come to the U.S. permanently at the time you got your temporary visa (such as a student or tourist visa), despite having claimed at the time that your intention was to return home at the end of your stay. Obtaining a visa on false pretenses can be a form of fraud. You’ll need to be clear about the fact that your decision to stay in the U.S. came later, after obtaining the non immigrant visa" What should we say there? We came on visitors visa B1/B2, but we knew before we came to USA that we will take visitor visa just to cross the border legally and then we will apply for Political Asylum. So how our intentions here? Should we say we knew we will apply for Asylum even before we came here, or that we decided to apply for Asylum already in USA (which second option sounds kinda stupid for me, because wanting Asylum is usually something that people know ahead of time). What do You think?

Rule of thumb is never lie when it comes to immigration matters. For those seeking asylum the IO is already aware of the fact that most applicants make up their mind to seek asylum long before they step foot on the shores of the US.

I understand your fear about the preconceived immigrant intent but not much you can do about it at this stage. You can always tell the IO you guys had been contemplating seeking asylum before you came but made the final decision to do so after your arrival.

Rule of thumb is never lie when it comes to immigration matters. For those seeking asylum the IO is already aware of the fact that most applicants make up their mind to seek asylum long before they step foot on the shores of the US.

I understand your fear about the preconceived immigrant intent but not much you can do about it at this stage. You can always tell the IO you guys had been contemplating seeking asylum before you came but made the final decision to do so after your arrival.
Thank You Sm1smom. I thought so. We will just be honest and do like You said. Gosh me and my Wife can not sleep third night. We look like a walking zombies :/. We have to do something with it to start control our stress and focus this last stage of the journey. And believe that everything will be like we all wish. I will keep You updated and if I will have any last second questions I will let You know. We are so thankful that is somebody who put effort to help us. Thank You so much!

Congraaatsss. Very happy for u. Ya my interview on the 4th. Hopefully, everthing will go well for both of us and everyone.
I'm sorry that your congress person is not responsive. I feel lucky that my congressman was very responsive and helpful. I believe that he made them schedule my appointment. They even called me from the FO to tell me the appointment time before receving the IL. After the call from the FO, I received a call from the congress person office asking if my FO called me to tell me about the appointment. So ya contacting him was a good decision.

Good luck everyone,
Hi Hatice again! I believe You are so stressed out, is just one day before Your interview! Stay calm! I mean at least try to :eek:. I was wondering, we probably can use specific names but who is Your interviewer on letter? Is it a man or female? Our is a man and His initials are M.A. Is Your same one?

Hi Hatice again! I believe You are so stressed out, is just one day before Your interview! Stay calm! I mean at least try to :eek:. I was wondering, we probably can use specific names but who is Your interviewer on letter? Is it a man or female? Our is a man and His initials are M.A. Is Your same one?

Hi kukilaska,
As first time mom for 7 weeks old and the fact that i'm sleep deprived, I do not even have time to think about the interview and to stress out :(:(
My husband is preparing the documents.
I believe we will be interviewed by the same guy:D The same initial. Hopefully he is friendly and easy going.
I will let you know how the interview will go and what questions will be asked.
Good luck

Hi kukilaska,
As first time mom for 7 weeks old and the fact that i'm sleep deprived, I do not even have time to think about the interview and to stress out :(:(
My husband is preparing the documents.
I believe we will be interviewed by the same guy:D The same initial. Hopefully he is friendly and easy going.
I will let you know how the interview will go and what questions will be asked.
Good luck
Oh wow so You have a lot on Your head already. We have no children yet :). How awesome! Same guy! :eek: Yes please let me know after the interview is He is friendly, how long interview was, the questions You had and overall Your experience. Thank You! ;* And good luck again!

I received my NOA letter on 7/25. However, I did not receive my bio letter yet. Also, my request to expedite the petition was denied. How is it possible? What can be more urgent that the 9/30 deadline. When I was speaking with the USCIS officer, I was assuming that she understands my situation.
Do I still have a chance to be approved in time? Is it possible that no enough visas will be available?

Does the letter containing the green card from USCIS require signature?
I tracked my green card on usps.com and was told that it had been delivered earlier today, but there was nothing in my mailbox. I have my name on my mailbox. Not sure if they left it at my leasing office (likely if it requires recipient signature). I'm worried that it is misplaced :confused:

Last edited:
I asked my postman today where I should tape my name. He said he had never heard of that and showEd me everyone's mailbix, not a name in sight. I guess it must not be a rule they follow everywhere...

So I have a tape and no where to stick it.

Hello guys , just want to know Why dv lottery website is not working ? When i put my conformation number it doesnot show any thing

My Congressperson is not helpful because her assistant said
it is the thing depends on your luck...how can I say?
terrible...
does anyone know the way we can contact to Congressperson directly?
oh my gosh...

My Congressperson is not helpful because her assistant said
it is the thing depends on your luck...how can I say?
terrible...
does anyone know the way we can contact to Congressperson directly?
oh my gosh...

Your congressperson should have someone who deals with immigration issues specifically, known as an immigration liaison officer. Does she have a website you can look on?

I have to say, the more I read on this thread, the more I think people should be advised to do CP if at all possible, despite the extra expense for those already in the US....

Last edited:
I asked my postman today where I should tape my name. He said he had never heard of that and showEd me everyone's mailbix, not a name in sight. I guess it must not be a rule they follow everywhere...

So I have a tape and no where to stick it.

Possibly only for apartment buildings where everyone has a name on the mailbox and they won't put official mail for one person in a box with someone else's name? As mom said if you've already been receiving USCIS mail you're probably fine anyway.

I am EU34XXX current in July. We have received our green cards on Saturday Aug 2 after successful interview this week Monday July 28!
I am extremely grateful to this forum! Especially to Britsimon for his quick immediate replies on whatever I asked. None could be done without you guys!
Simon, I wish the SFO nonsense will be resolved quickly for you!

I have updated AOS timelines spreadsheet and will post my interview story tomorrow.
THANK YOU ALL!!!

Your congressperson should have someone who deals with immigration issues specifically, known as an immigration liaison officer. Does she have a website you can look on?

I have to say, the more I read on this thread, the more I think people should be advised to do CP if at all possible, despite the extra expense for those already in the US....

I also want to do CP, but i study in the US...but can't leave during semester.
yes, there is one assistant to deal with it, but not helpful,
she just told us, we will have an interview in Sep.
I am afraid of visas numbers will be exhausted this month...:(

Possibly only for apartment buildings where everyone has a name on the mailbox and they won't put official mail for one person in a box with someone else's name? As mom said if you've already been receiving USCIS mail you're probably fine anyway.

Ahhh could be. My mailbox is at the end of my road, so shared between 8 houses.

I also want to do CP, but i study in the US...but can't leave during semester.
yes, there is one assistant to deal with it, but not helpful,
she just told us, we will have an interview in Sep.
I am afraid of visas numbers will be exhausted this month...:(

Andy, it s not possible for visas to run out in August. Go check out the CeAC data.

I received my NOA letter on 7/25. However, I did not receive my bio letter yet. Also, my request to expedite the petition was denied. How is it possible? What can be more urgent that the 9/30 deadline. When I was speaking with the USCIS officer, I was assuming that she understands my situation.
Do I still have a chance to be approved in time? Is it possible that no enough visas will be available?

Following my previous post, is there anything I can do now? What are my odds to be approved on time.

Andy, it s not possible for visas to run out in August. Go check out the CeAC data.

Simon:
I checked the CEAC website, but where is the data information??
So, you think we still have chance??
Since I have another infopass this friday.
you think will I need to try to explain again?
even the chance is small...maybe can't change anything.
but it's better if we can have an interview this month, right?
Since it is risky to us that we have student visa now,
if we can't complete the process, it will hurt our intention of staying US, right?
no ways to do, I can't help my wife to have good mood,
it makes me sad, and our baby is so innocent...
just look at his mother crying...and doesn't feed him on time (sigh)

Last edited: