• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2014 AOS Only - New Thread

Simon:
I checked the CEAC website, but where is the data information??
So, you think we still have chance??
Since I have another infopass this friday.
you think will I need to try to explain again?
even the chance is small...maybe can't change anything.
but it's better if we can have an interview this month, right?
Since it is risky to us that we have student visa now,
if we can't complete the process, it will hurt our intention of staying US, right?
no ways to do, I can't help my wife to have good mood,
it makes me sad, and our baby is so innocent...
just look at his mother crying...and doesn't feed him on time (sigh)

Check this thread and the linked spreadsheet.

http://forums.immigration.com/threads/ceac-data-full-8-1-2014.321595/

Simon:
I checked the CEAC website, but where is the data information??
So, you think we still have chance??
Since I have another infopass this friday.
you think will I need to try to explain again?
even the chance is small...maybe can't change anything.
but it's better if we can have an interview this month, right?
Since it is risky to us that we have student visa now,
if we can't complete the process, it will hurt our intention of staying US, right?
no ways to do, I can't help my wife to have good mood,
it makes me sad, and our baby is so innocent...
just look at his mother crying...and doesn't feed him on time (sigh)
Here is a summary of the latest data, sponsored by britsimon LTD :)

Attachments

• data%203%20july%2014.png
    data%203%20july%2014.png
    5.7 KB · Views: 17
Following my previous post, is there anything I can do now? What are my odds to be approved on time.

I'm assuming you are current for September - right? So you should receive your bio this week. If I were you I would be arranging an infopass for mid to late August. By that time you should have completed your biometrics and hopefully your background check will be back. In a week or so, check with KCC that the FO requested your case papers. At the infopass you could ask them to schedule an appointment as soon as possible in September and make sure they understand the urgency.

I'm assuming you are current for September - right? So you should receive your bio this week. If I were you I would be arranging an infopass for mid to late August. By that time you should have completed your biometrics and hopefully your background check will be back. In a week or so, check with KCC that the FO requested your case papers. At the infopass you could ask them to schedule an appointment as soon as possible in September and make sure they understand the urgency.

Thank you so much for the detailed explanation. I am current on July (from Europe). I sent my AOS package on July 3rd. Unfortunately I did not know that I could do it in advance. How can I know what is my field office?

Thank you and Simon:
So, the 50,000 is only for main applicant?
Do we need to do effort to make having an interview earlier?
Nope !
50k visas are including derivatives.
About your question on how or need to accelerate your process, I think the peeps on the AOS thread will be more helpful tha me.
Ps: I got no clue about AOS process.

Thank you and Simon:
So, the 50,000 is only for main applicant?
Do we need to do effort to make having an interview earlier?

Well I was told the interviews a SF are being scheduled for September so as long as that is early September you'll be fine...

Well I was told the interviews a SF are being scheduled for September so as long as that is early September you'll be fine...

Simon:
But I am not sure we will have an interview in the beginning of Sep.
Is it safe now for AS??
So, what do you recommend that I can ask to have an interview earlier again to them?

Thank you so much for the detailed explanation. I am current on July (from Europe). I sent my AOS package on July 3rd. Unfortunately I did not know that I could do it in advance. How can I know what is my field office?

It is in the useful links sheet in Moms post that started this thread.

I checked it on the link that Mom posted in the spreadsheet, and the zips 61820, 61821, 61822 and all others in urbana-champaign-savoy have Chicago, IL as the FO!

i will let my sister know if she hasn't receive an IL by aug 10 that she should start freaking out! from what you said, it doesn't seem that there are enough visas until sept 30.

Hi guys,
I was trying to schedule an infopass while I am waiting for the damn(!) interview letter, when I came to this question:
What is the difference (if any) between a Local Office and a Field Office?
When I use the link mom provided in the spreadsheet I find the Local Office page, but when I search for "office locator" in the USCIS website I find the Field Office page. The descriptions on the associated pages are the same but the county I live in is listed under different offices when I try each of the link listed below.
Local Office link:
https://egov.uscis.gov/crisgwi/go?action=offices.type&OfficeLocator.office_type=LO
Field Office link:
http://www.uscis.gov/about-us/find-uscis-office/field-offices
I really appreciate your help with this...

Last edited:
Hi guys,
I was trying to schedule an infopass while I am waiting for the damn(!) interview letter, when I came to this question:
What is the difference (if any) between a Local Office and a Field Office?
When I use the link mom provided in the spreadsheet I find the Local Office page, but when I search for "office locator" in the USCIS website I find the Field Office page. The descriptions on the associated pages are the same but the county I live in is listed under different offices when I try each of the link listed below.
Local Office link:
https://egov.uscis.gov/crisgwi/go?action=offices.type&OfficeLocator.office_type=LO
Field Office link:
http://www.uscis.gov/about-us/find-uscis-office/field-offices
I really appreciate your help with this...

Oh yeah, that's USCIS at it's finest for ya! :) Both the Local Office and Field Office are basically the same. What I suspect in your case though is that they prpbably did some reshuffling FOs.

In this case, the best way of finding out your exact FO is to go to the infopass page itself, it will ask you to type in your Zip code following which it should bring up the FO that currently serves your county.

I asked my postman today where I should tape my name. He said he had never heard of that and showEd me everyone's mailbix, not a name in sight. I guess it must not be a rule they follow everywhere...

So I have a tape and no where to stick it.

lol ...... I told ya Simon, you should be fine.

This is not something I've personally experienced, but what I read about this (if memory serves me well) had to do with people registering with USPS as the occupant of the home and not putting up their name on the mail box. But stop stressing about that, for now the concern is getting your IL

My Congressperson is not helpful because her assistant said
it is the thing depends on your luck...how can I say?
terrible...
does anyone know the way we can contact to Congressperson directly?
oh my gosh...

Not quite sure how you searched or contacted your congress person. You should have more than one congress person, and at least one house rep. When you type in your zip code/address the search site should bring up a list of the applicable people, click on the names which should take you to each person's personal website with a description of what they're able to do for you.

http://www.opencongress.org/people/zipcodelookup

Oh yeah, that's USCIS at it's finest for ya! :) Both the Local Office and Field Office are basically the same. What I suspect in your case though is that they prpbably did some reshuffling FOs.

In this case, the best way of finding out your exact FO is to go to the infopass page itself, it will ask you to type in your Zip code following which it should bring up the FO that currently serves your county.

That's what I thought too. Thanks a lot Mom:)
One more question: In scheduling the infopass appointment, what is the purpose of the visit? Do I need service on a case that has already been filed or do I just need information?

Last edited:
Hello everyone,

I just came back from the interview. The interview was straightforward and the interviewer was friendly. He interviewed my husband and I at the same time even though we have different appointment times. The interview lasts about 20 minutes. He asked the yes and question on the form 485. He confirmed our address and phone number. He asked the original of passports and the birth certificates. He asked some other questions like if I have worked in the U.S, what types of visas I have had. He asked my husband the same questions. He also asked for my son birth certificate. At the end he said everything looks good but he is waiting for my file to come from KCC and once they receive it they will make a decision. Also, he said once I receive my approval letter, I should expect to receive my GC within 2-3 weeks. Hopefully everything will go smoothly and we receive our GC soon.

Hello everyone,

I just came back from the interview. The interview was straightforward and the interviewer was friendly. He interviewed my husband and I at the same time even though we have different appointment times. The interview lasts about 20 minutes. He asked the yes and question on the form 485. He confirmed our address and phone number. He asked the original of passports and the birth certificates. He asked some other questions like if I have worked in the U.S, what types of visas I have had. He asked my husband the same questions. He also asked for my son birth certificate. At the end he said everything looks good but he is waiting for my file to come from KCC and once they receive it they will make a decision. Also, he said once I receive my approval letter, I should expect to receive my GC within 2-3 weeks. Hopefully everything will go smoothly and we receive our GC soon.

If I were you I would contact KCC to check if and when the file has been requested - it should have been sent already. Having said that it sounds like your interview went well and I suspect you will find things get approved very soon....