• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2014 AOS Only - New Thread

Hi! Just wanted keep You update 'cuz we are same FO that our interview is scheduled on August 8th . Let us know how Yours will go August 4th. Good luuuck!

Congraaatsss. Very happy for u. Ya my interview on the 4th. Hopefully, everthing will go well for both of us and everyone.
I'm sorry that your congress person is not responsive. I feel lucky that my congressman was very responsive and helpful. I believe that he made them schedule my appointment. They even called me from the FO to tell me the appointment time before receving the IL. After the call from the FO, I received a call from the congress person office asking if my FO called me to tell me about the appointment. So ya contacting him was a good decision.

Good luck everyone,

Hi Britsimon,

Last Bulletin showed the same cut off number for Europe month of August and September. Does it has to see with the recent performance issues? Is there a hope that the number change or it will be 40,150 year 2014. I hope this makes sense!

http://travel.state.gov/content/passports/english/news/ccd-performance-issues.html

Thanks

Mydream2014

The link you quoted explains the printing problem happened July 20 - AFTER the VB was published. So no, this is not related. It is looking increasingly sure the number for EU will not be increased.

My neighbors car wouldn't start this morning - perhaps THAT is related to the performance issues.... :confused:;)

Hello,
I received my interview letter today.
And it says "High school diploma and/or college degree and official transcripts (if foreign must be accompanied by official evaluation/certification - i.e... World Education Services (WES))

So, I completed high school abroad, and completed my bachelors degree here in the USA. Do I still need to go through WES for my high school diploma?
I do not have time for WES since my interview is next week.

Can anyone please comment on this matter.

Thank you :) :)

It is not even August yet. Don't be negative at this point...

So - did you setup an infopass?

yes, but it on 8/8
i will try to walk-in tomorrow.
any recommend for what i should say??
KCC told me that our paperwork already sent to USCIS in june.
and we should be ready for an interview.
can i say that to IO?
should we get one expedite request ??
did you pay for that?
really sad, my wife cry all night.

Last edited:
Hello,
I received my interview letter today.
And it says "High school diploma and/or college degree and official transcripts (if foreign must be accompanied by official evaluation/certification - i.e... World Education Services (WES))

So, I completed high school abroad, and completed my bachelors degree here in the USA. Do I still need to go through WES for my high school diploma?
I do not have time for WES since my interview is next week.

Can anyone please comment on this matter.

Thank you :) :)
Show the bachelor instead since it is superior to the HS diploma. I showed them my associate degree+official transcripts that I got here and my HS diploma ( my HS diploma wasn't certified by WES). She said the associate was enough. Don't forget that it says "High school diploma AND/OR college degree and official transcripts". You'll be fine, she won't keep anything.

yes, but it on 8/8
i will try to walk-in tomorrow.
any recommend for what i should say??
KCC told me that our paperwork already sent to USCIS in june.
and we should be ready for an interview.
can i say that to IO?
should we get one expedia request ??
did you pay for that?
really sad, my wife cry all night.

You're in the same boat as I was. I waited for slightly over 2 months after my Bio appointment to get my interview letter. My interview was scheduled for the following week. I think you're fine and should stop worrying too much.

You're in the same boat as I was. I waited for slightly over 2 months after my Bio appointment to get my interview letter. My interview was scheduled for the following week. I think you're fine and should stop worrying too much.

But the result of our infopass visiting is we will have an interview in Sep.
and even doesn't show the actual date...
kind of tragedy!! we are almost there... :(
we will try to go to USCIS again and beg an interview.
hope it works, pray for us...thank you.

On July 30, 2014, we mailed you a notice that we had registered this customer's new permanent resident status. Please follow any instructions on the notice. Your new permanent resident card should be mailed within 60 days following this registration or after you complete any ADIT processing referred to in the welcome notice, whichever is later.
Yesterday It was on Card production.
Today when I checked my case status I saw this.
What does this mean?

On July 30, 2014, we mailed you a notice that we had registered this customer's new permanent resident status. Please follow any instructions on the notice. Your new permanent resident card should be mailed within 60 days following this registration or after you complete any ADIT processing referred to in the welcome notice, whichever is later.
What does this mean?

Means: Congratulations! Yay! :D

What does this mean?

It means that you will get your card in the mail in a matter of days.
(the officer who interviewed me told me that I should expect the card within 2 weeks after the "card production status", if it takes longer I should go back to the FO to have it printed right there)

I have been reading all the DV related posts on this forum almost everyday since May of 2013. I am really a big fan of @Britsimon n @Som1smom. I learned everything about DV process from u guys. I had my interview today with case no. 2014AS89** from Nepal doing AOS. Just like Britsimon suggested i sent I-485 using Advance Parole. I did bio walk-in and then called USCIS for expedite of process and got interview letter in 2 weeks. I got approved this morning. The case status has already changed to Card Production. Thank u bro. Hope ur info pass appointment helped in ur case.
Best of luck bro. Hope to hear good news soon.
:):):)

I have been reading all the DV related posts on this forum almost everyday since May of 2013. I am really a big fan of @Britsimon n @Som1smom. I learned everything about DV process from u guys. I had my interview today with case no. 2014AS89** from Nepal doing AOS. Just like Britsimon suggested i sent I-485 using Advance Parole. I did bio walk-in and then called USCIS for expedite of process and got interview letter in 2 weeks. I got approved this morning. The case status has already changed to Card Production. Thank u bro. Hope ur info pass appointment helped in ur case.

Wow - that means you have been current 1 day - and you already have your approval!!!! Wow - you are very blessed indeed! Congratulations!

Congratulations! Quite happy to read of your successful completion. Enjoy your new status.

P.S.
Can you explain what you mean by you sent I-485 package using Advance Parole?:confused:

Hi Mom and all

Little update from me. I had my Biometrics done today. (One less to do), so I'll be in the waiting mode the Interview Letter and the appointment. I'm current in August and my interview will be handled through New York-FO.

My question when should I start to get an infopass and get the congressman involved. What is the amount of time I should allow before taking those steps, 2-3 weeks ?

Thank you Mom