• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2013 kenyan selectees report here!!!!

Just an after thought though all nos in Africa are current in june, wount KCC wait until october as the norm so that guyz can start going for interviews? or it means that this year they will take more guys??

Just an after thought though all nos in Africa are current in june, wount KCC wait until october as the norm so that guyz can start going for interviews? or it means that this year they will take more guys??

All numbers r current in June for this year_Dv2012 selectees only;Ours will start in Oct;normally,its either the visas run out or the fiscal year ends_Sept 30 but they cannot begin processing Dv2013 in fiscal year 2012;I guess legal issues not to mention there r court cases pending for the May 1st selectees who felt they were wronged since the results were nullified;we also hv guys who r on AP which at times can last months(background checks).

for the excel sheet,I'll need ur email address since I cannot attach documents(I guess its a priviledge);mine is obeezyb@gmail.com

about the KCSE cert,this is Kenya,as long as u hv the chums,someone will act to make things happen:p

The relatives I do hv in the states r distant I cannot even remember their faces:cool:we'll just hv to get on our feet ASAP.

Any ideas on how the food is over there??

Last edited by a moderator:
I am one of the lucky winners for DV2013. I am not from Kenya but this is the closest I can get to Burundi in this forum. I haven't sent my forms yet as I want to marry my boyfriend of 3 years before I process the whole thing. We had the plans before the results came out and I hope this won't throw our application. We have proof of living together, holidays together to teh States as well as several African countries.

On another note: Does anyone know how Accountants fare in the US at the moment? I am progressing really well in the UK in my career and am sceptical to throw it all away, as much as I love America.

I am one of the lucky winners for DV2013. I am not from Kenya but this is the closest I can get to Burundi in this forum. I haven't sent my forms yet as I want to marry my boyfriend of 3 years before I process the whole thing. We had the plans before the results came out and I hope this won't throw our application. We have proof of living together, holidays together to teh States as well as several African countries.

On another note: Does anyone know how Accountants fare in the US at the moment? I am progressing really well in the UK in my career and am sceptical to throw it all away, as much as I love America.

Congrats...

As long as ur marriage is genuine,there's nothing 2 worry about;what ya'll need is to do ur homework on each other since the CO @ the embassy might grill u guys inorder to smoke u out.check out this link http://www.immihelp.com/greencard/f...marriage-based-greencard-fraud-interview.html

wow, that was fast. when did u send it and how long did it take? i will post mine on monday.
Hi frank80 once you send your application you should wait for about 4 weeks before you contact them on whether they received your forms. Give them 3-4 days to reply to your email remember to write your D.O.B, as they appear on the form, names and CN. goodluck!

Hi guys

Definitely this DV this is destabilising, this was my 2nd attempt i sent my application in the 2nd week of Feb, and forgot about it never thought about it until i checked and my life's plan changed. It hadn't sink now... i have to change so many things though i still have plan B just incase i happen not to go..but definitely life in US is better and of course more opportunities compared to Kenya.
But if had a well paying job, and a brighter future in Kenya i would really reconsider going , maybe dubai-b can give us more insight on that..
My number should be current in January going by last years bulletin, like 6 months away but unlike when i applied for the lottery , i cant help but keep on thinking about the unknown future, how life is gonna be like, how to start all over again, but what encourages me most is God chose me out of a million applicants..
But lets keep encouraging each other and all will be well..
Obeez u can read Kenyan forums here for the previous years and i tell all questions are answered...
Obeez..wedding lini utuinvite..tukunywe pombe na pilau..:)
I will marry in the states, Kenyan ladies hatujapelekana poa sana...:):)
so am not worried at all....

I see you 2 guys are keeping the forum alive and i must salute you for the info you already have. The morale is on track and i can see you guys with visas on your passports. About relocation i think its on a case to case basis and everybody has his/her on priorities in life. Definitely with a better paying job and a comfortable life back home i guess your better off staying in our Jamhuri Kenya but when you have to take into account other issues like Kids,schooling,exposure and the quality of life, US comes first. In short nothing comes easy and you got to sacrifice to get what you want in life.....I read before in Ghana,Nigeria,Ethiopia,Australia forums guys with masters in Engineering,Accountants,Managers in Companies abandoning everything just to have the green card but again priority are different. With the correct attitude everything settles in and you adapt to the life pretty fast.....my pal DV2012AFTAZ can add on few things about the whole journey and his take on it.

I see you 2 guys are keeping the forum alive and i must salute you for the info you already have. The morale is on track and i can see you guys with visas on your passports. About relocation i think its on a case to case basis and everybody has his/her on priorities in life. Definitely with a better paying job and a comfortable life back home i guess your better off staying in our Jamhuri Kenya but when you have to take into account other issues like Kids,schooling,exposure and the quality of life, US comes first. In short nothing comes easy and you got to sacrifice to get what you want in life.....I read before in Ghana,Nigeria,Ethiopia,Australia forums guys with masters in Engineering,Accountants,Managers in Companies abandoning everything just to have the green card but again priority are different. With the correct attitude everything settles in and you adapt to the life pretty fast.....my pal DV2012AFTAZ can add on few things about the whole journey and his take on it.

Hi Dubai-b.
Nice to see you so active and helping out. I was away due to my dad's ill health. I know of people who did not move due to the security they feel in the Middle East, but that is a different situation. Life in Africa and parts of Asia can be hard with lack of opportunities no bright future for the kids etc.
I personally will go very soon with the family but keeping all options open. I need them to see for themselves what the USA is all about so they can make an informed decision. We always have the option of the reentry permit to pull another 2 years if so required.
It’s human nature to prefer their comfort zone and feel uncomfortable to move but in cases were one does not have a bright future where he is one needs to move.
For us here in the ME that’s the case we have no LONG TERM future here all we can think of is to prolong the stay and the petrodollars!!
My advice to anyone will be that one should visit once and see for themselves and then decide. I would never recommend making a immediate move without looking back!
People say the USA is in rescission yes it is but then the whole world is in the same boat too. If the USA does not recover neither do the rest of us!

Hi

Kenweed,
Thanks alot, we appreciate every single help... bless you. I dont know how to put signature but can tell alittle about us ( Me, hubby and our 2 kids), we applied last year 2011 end of october, dont remember exactly what date... on 6th May, we checked and we were among the selected, thank God!! 19th May we sent our docs, at one point we emailed KCC and they replied that they received our docs and under process. Our CN is 2013AF00065***. Another quiz, is affidavit valid or we should just give up, can you advice of any acredible lawyer? have you heard of anyone who has used affidavit with no complications? Thanks

Any qualified lawyer can draft an affidavit stating the person named in your kcse papers and the other names in docs is just one person with different spelling which is pretty easy and they will take it since its affidavit is a legal document.
For your signature, go to settings in the right hand side up here,click on it and on your left hand side under my settings you will see edit signature. Your cn will be current within no time just take this time to prepare and cover all the areas of questioning. God bless.

Hi

Hi Dubai-b.
Nice to see you so active and helping out. I was away due to my dad's ill health. I know of people who did not move due to the security they feel in the Middle East, but that is a different situation. Life in Africa and parts of Asia can be hard with lack of opportunities no bright future for the kids etc.
I personally will go very soon with the family but keeping all options open. I need them to see for themselves what the USA is all about so they can make an informed decision. We always have the option of the reentry permit to pull another 2 years if so required.
It’s human nature to prefer their comfort zone and feel uncomfortable to move but in cases were one does not have a bright future where he is one needs to move.
For us here in the ME that’s the case we have no LONG TERM future here all we can think of is to prolong the stay and the petrodollars!!
My advice to anyone will be that one should visit once and see for themselves and then decide. I would never recommend making a immediate move without looking back!
People say the USA is in rescission yes it is but then the whole world is in the same boat too. If the USA does not recover neither do the rest of us!

Longtime bro...hope your dad feels well soon.You have driven the point home sir. The fact that you entered dv is because you want to go to america otherwise you wouldn't have wasted the time applying for the sake of it.be blessed as we enjoy the petrodollar money.

Any qualified lawyer can draft an affidavit stating the person named in your kcse papers and the other names in docs is just one person with different spelling which is pretty easy and they will take it since its affidavit is a legal document.
For your signature, go to settings in the right hand side up here,click on it and on your left hand side under my settings you will see edit signature. Your cn will be current within no time just take this time to prepare and cover all the areas of questioning. God bless.

Dubai,
Didnt you get my inbox?

Please help me

Due to my low CN 2013AF00011###, It is possible that my interview could be in November or December 2013. But i do not went it to be in any of these months but rather January 2013.
I email KCC concerning with this problem and they said that they will attached my problem to my file.

So am asking is it possible for KCC to change my interview to January 2013?

And also HAS anybody YOU knew Change his interview date before?

Thank YOU!!!!!

Longtime bro...hope your dad feels well soon.You have driven the point home sir. The fact that you entered dv is because you want to go to america otherwise you wouldn't have wasted the time applying for the sake of it.be blessed as we enjoy the petrodollar money.

Just to weigh in on the issue;I've always wanted to go to the US but circumstances haven't been on my side until now;I did know about the DV since my primary school days(the I'd just cleared class 8 & one of my fellow candidates & neighbor claimed one of his parents had won but all along I've been seeing him around,never got to question what happened) & remember pushing my mum to apply but she wasn't interested.she eventually did apply in 2001 or 2002 but did not materialize.After it went electronic,I stated doing it on my own but it was on & off till 2009 when i got serious about it.

Honestly,only God knows how bad I need a new start thus I'm really aching to permanently relocate;I mean what could be worse over there that we're yet to see in Kenya & its not like I have grown roots(careerwise) over here thus uprooting myself is just offloading current household possessions & I'm off;no kids,schooling,career issues.

I have a query to put out there,if u were to be offered money not to go,what would be ur price??every1,feel free to chip in.....

@dubai-b;I would tend to disagree about applying for the DV for the sake of it;reason,coz always with the exception of 95,97,03 & 2010 did they surpass their numerical limits.From a perspective,we could say less demand for the visas by selectees or another perspective is processing inefficiencies thus locking out selectees like in 07/08.personally,I do love filling forms & all my info is on my usb stick thus its a walk in the park applying for the DV unlike all the other visas whose requirements are high.Perhaps I underestimated my odds coz winning sure did look very distant.

Over to you....

Last edited by a moderator:
Due to my low CN 2013AF00011###, It is possible that my interview could be in November or December 2013. But i do not went it to be in any of these months but rather January 2013.
I email KCC concerning with this problem and they said that they will attached my problem to my file.

So am asking is it possible for KCC to change my interview to January 2013?

And also HAS anybody YOU knew Change his interview date before?

Thank YOU!!!!!

It should be all good if KCC has assured you they'll look into ur case as you've said.

About changing the date,that would be the consulate's responsibility;mind you,you can only postpone once(that is u must present urself even if all ur documents r not in order_this is from the Kenyan embassy,perhaps its different in Ghana).

About knowing who has changed his/her date,none..

Thanks

It should be all good if KCC has assured you they'll look into ur case as you've said.

About changing the date,that would be the consulate's responsibility;mind you,you can only postpone once(that is u must present urself even if all ur documents r not in order_this is from the Kenyan embassy,perhaps its different in Ghana).

About knowing who has changed his/her date,none..

THANKS A LOT

Anyway my P O E is BRONZ, NY

signature

1, 2, 3.... checking my signature.... hope you all doing fine.... have a nice evening, all the best on your preparations

1, 2, 3.... checking my signature.... hope you all doing fine.... have a nice evening, all the best on your preparations
Signature at last..been quiet of late job has been demanding but i thank Dubai-b and his friend for his wise words to newcomers like..we keep on praying that everything remain as it is as we wait for the d-day..
just wished those who are already in the states can give us highlight on how life is on the other side, what to expect in terms of job searching.. accommodation(rent) anything that we expect..

Hi

Just to weigh in on the issue;I've always wanted to go to the US but circumstances haven't been on my side until now;I did know about the DV since my primary school days(the I'd just cleared class 8 & one of my fellow candidates & neighbor claimed one of his parents had won but all along I've been seeing him around,never got to question what happened) & remember pushing my mum to apply but she wasn't interested.she eventually did apply in 2001 or 2002 but did not materialize.After it went electronic,I stated doing it on my own but it was on & off till 2009 when i got serious about it.

Honestly,only God knows how bad I need a new start thus I'm really aching to permanently relocate;I mean what could be worse over there that we're yet to see in Kenya & its not like I have grown roots(careerwise) over here thus uprooting myself is just offloading current household possessions & I'm off;no kids,schooling,career issues.

I have a query to put out there,if u were to be offered money not to go,what would be ur price??every1,feel free to chip in.....

@dubai-b;I would tend to disagree about applying for the DV for the sake of it;reason,coz always with the exception of 95,97,03 & 2010 did they surpass their numerical limits.From a perspective,we could say less demand for the visas by selectees or another perspective is processing inefficiencies thus locking out selectees like in 07/08.personally,I do love filling forms & all my info is on my usb stick thus its a walk in the park applying for the DV unlike all the other visas whose requirements are high.Perhaps I underestimated my odds coz winning sure did look very distant.

Over to you....

If you go by the no of applicant like say 2011, they said 14mill +- guys applied for it, what does that tell you? Every year the no. is going up. I would tend to think that the stricter conditions to be met, the high cost of going through it hence the reduction of the fees to lessen the budget on the winners made the final no. to be less. I guess if Dv was advertised and guys educated on how to fill it then the no. of applicant would be phenomenon.

If you go by the no of applicant like say 2011, they said 14mill +- guys applied for it, what does that tell you? Every year the no. is going up. I would tend to think that the stricter conditions to be met, the high cost of going through it hence the reduction of the fees to lessen the budget on the winners made the final no. to be less. I guess if Dv was advertised and guys educated on how to fill it then the no. of applicant would be phenomenon.

True the numbers are going up due to increased awareness,internet connectivity,profiteering among other factors;I've read of a Bangladeshi national who enlisted a whole phonebook so that he could "sell" them(winners) their confirmation numbers yet he did not seek their consent to apply;we also have bogus applications particularly from Africa (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diversity_Immigrant_Visa) which is also a contributing factor.

In as much as they call it a diversity visa as in free for all,even with the reduced visa charges,the costs are still prohibitive even for a single person considering the visa charge,medical fees,flight charges & savings while you acclimatize over there.

Honestly,the DV is almost common knowledge in the urban centers in Kenya thanks to cybercafes seeking to make a profit by assisting users apply & printing out their confirmation numbers which translates to around 200shs per application.Its also a topic of discussion on radio/tv due to increased fraud levels thus the advertising bit is covered.I don't know if its still on print media but I do remember seeing small captions in the Nation regarding the greencard during the 90s.

Regarding education on how to fill the form,anyone with a secondary school cert worth his/her salt should be able to fill out that form with the only technicalities(if at all) being country charge-ability issues due to birth,marriage & naturalization as to how it relates to the individual & photo requirements which require graphic design capabilities which should be outsourced to the photographer.

There is also a degree of pessimism due to the odds of winning the lottery & given our skepticism(Kenyan),had it ever crossed ur mind that you could actually win or you'd just fill the form & go on with ur life??