• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2013 kenyan selectees report here!!!!

Medical experience - reposted

Below see Njugunuts' posting some times back about his medical experience; I believe it might answer some of the questions you've posed:

" Anyway, after I was done with KCC, I called IOM on the chance that they would agree to schedule my medicals without the 2nd NL and they had no problem, they gave me a 7.30 appointment. Now, for all those doing their medicals in Nairobi, take note that the IOM at which the medicals are done is the one on 4th Ngong Avenue, a blue gate just after AAR. This is because when I called to make an appointment, they didn't tell me which IOM this was and so I went to Nairobi Hospital.

I showed up at IOM 4th Ngong Avenue, just after AAR at 7.50am (I think most appointments are around this time and the earlier you go the sooner you leave the place). At the gate, the security guys make sure you are on the list for the day. You then take a seat in the reception area and hand in your passport. The ladies there make a copy of it, then send you for a counseling session where some guy lets you know what tests they'll carry out,how long they will take etc. They check mainly for Syphilis, TB and Hepatitis B though they also do other baseline tests e.g blood sugar. After the counseling session you go pick up your passport and copy, and go the lab where they take an instant photo of you, sign the medical exam forms, hand in 1 passport photo and then proceed for bleeding. You then go and pay for the medical exam.

The exam itself costs 138 USD so depending on the exchange rate for the month which they set, you pay the equivalent in Ksh. The exchange rate for December is 80.3 so I paid Ksh. 11,081. You can pay in dollars if you want but it attracts a 5 USD surcharge since all their accounts are in Ksh.

You then enter an IOM van and are ferried to Nairobi Hospital IOM where you hand in your forms, are X-Rayed (ladies, wear pants not dresses or you will have to completely disrobe and wear the open-back hospital gowns) and then ferried back to 4th Ngong. Once you are back, you then proceed for the physical where a nurse checks your height, weight, vision, blood pressure and pulse. You hand in the 2nd passport photo here. You are then sent to the doctor's where he/she asks about your past medical, surgical and hospitalization history. You are then sent to strip down to your underwear. She checks your ears,teeth and asks you to breath in and out deeply as she listens to your breath and heart sounds. From here I guess its gender specific: because she will feel your breasts, both male and female, and general look and touch at the rest of your body as you lie down, straight to the toes (she doesn't look at sehemu nyeti [Smilie] , just asks if everything is OK there). Females, she will check the back of your legs for varicose veins as you face the wall, and for everyone she will check to see if your spine is straight.

After the exam she fills in the required immunizations which will vary depending on whether you are pregnant (females), having had chickenpox in the past and your age. Kids get quite a number of shots so for those with young ones (below 12), remember to carry their immunization cards to avoid traumatizing the kids with unnecessary shots coz without the cards, they will have to be repeated. I got three shots: Dultavax (32 USD), MMR (26 USD)and Varicella (54 USD and quite painful!). The pregnant ones don't get the first one and the ones who have had chicken pox don't get the last one. You can therefore calculate approximately how much you need by multiplying by the ones you're likely to need by 80.3. You then go and pay for the vaccinations and receive them. I was done with this by 1.30pm.

After that you are sent home to go and wait for the results. IF there is a problem, they call you the next day so you can come and see the doctor and discuss treatment options etc. and the way forward. IF you don't get any call in the morning, you are fine. I couldn't be able to go the next day to pick up my results so I begged and pleaded for an expedite so I left with my results at 5.10pm (quite a long wait, had to wait for the doctor to finish seeing everyone so she could sign my report). I was given a big envelope with my X-Ray (don't carry this to the interview, but carry it in your hand luggage when emigrating), Vaccination card copy (make a copy of this, carry to the embassy in case they need it, carry in hand luggage and keep safe coz in the States, it'll determine health insurance premiums) and a SEALED medical report (don't attempt to unseal unless you want to pay another 138 USD). They then bid you goodbye and all the best in your interview!

That was my day. Met a few people who were doing their medicals for DV, most seemed to be family sponsored migrants. One guy was doing his medicals for an interview next week on Tuesday, and I thought that was too close. I suggest you do your medicals as soon as possible, since they last for 6 months anyway, coz in-case there is a problem e.g TB which takes 6 months treatment and 2 more months observation, you may not be able to apply for your visa within the DV window. Anyway, the incidence of TB among people without HIV is not high so you shouldn't panic, but those who are positive should do it quickly so that if they have TB they can be treated and still apply. I was freaking out about the TB test coz I work in a HIV and TB clinic, but turns out mungu amenichunga. Amen!

In summary:
1. Get to your interview on time to avoid wasting the whole day there.
2. Carry immunization records where available, especially for children.
3. Carry about Ksh. 21,000 for the whole process (I spent Ksh. 20,075). A little more is better in-case of any eventualities.
4. There is a cafeteria on the premises so you can carry some little money for lunch and/or snacks, especially those with kids.
5. Make sure your passport photos (2) conform to the standards. Those with bad photos were sent to re-take them and wasted more time and money. They should be on a white background with a really big face in them (about half the photo)
6. Don't forget your passport.
7. Say a big prayer and wish for all the best.

Hope you have all learnt something from this. @ Kamauz, go right ahead and schedule your medicals, with or without the 2nd NL. Just carry your 1st NL so they can confirm your case number.

Applied for police clearance on Wednesday 8th and the process is quite straight forward: go to CID headquarters on Kiambu Road, follow the signs to the office (it's on the right). Pay Ksh. 1,000 at a window at the entrance and produce your national ID. Get a copy of the receipt and your ID inside the office @10 bob. Get the original receipt and ID copy stapled to some form, fill in your name and ID number and wait to be called for printing. After printing, get your form and copy of receipt signed and stamped. The certificate is ready in 2 weeks. Don't detach the printing records from the certificate when handing it in to the embassy or it is invalid."

Hi everyone......afta a long and hard wait, am finally in this forum...i took me long...anyway am also a dv 2013 selectee and i hope i'l get that visa inshAllah...unfortunately i have a very large cN so my interview will probably be in June 2013....strange, immediaTELY after i was selected my cousin who happens to be in states told me to immediately send all the necessary documents and photo as quick as possible since she thought its a 'first received first served' basis. so i sent the docs on the 10th of May...i used to check my email everyday lyk 5 times...hoping and expecting some kind of notification from the KCC about my interview...how wrong i was...it was while browsing for intel that i came across this site...IT WAS VERY HELPFUL EVEN THOUGH I WAS DISAPPOINTED but thats reality...my cN is 2013AF51XXX.............Thanks guys...

For your signature, go to settings in the right hand side up here,click on it and on your left hand side under my settings you will see edit signature. Try to go through Kenya 2011 and other Nigeria,Ghana forums most of the questions are answered in those forums with unique cases and exciting answers also.God bless.

hi...sori to ask this again...i knw its has already answered...but i cant see settings anywhere...please help me put on my signature...thx in advance

After the brief honeymoon,I'm back,reloaded:cool:

@Catchme,Ronnyblessed& Abu Hamza,welcome to the club.

Kenyan forumites,what did u guys fill for the course of study for primary & secondary,#33?

regards.

hi...sori to ask this again...i knw its has already answered...but i cant see settings anywhere...please help me put on my signature...thx in advance

When u login into the forum,on the top right of ur window is a Settings tab..next to log out;click on it.

this action will switch u to ur user page whwereby on the left pane ,there will be edit signature..click on it,enter ur data & ur done.

Cheers.

Hi everyone......afta a long and hard wait, am finally in this forum...i took me long...anyway am also a dv 2013 selectee and i hope i'l get that visa inshAllah...unfortunately i have a very large cN so my interview will probably be in June 2013....strange, immediaTELY after i was selected my cousin who happens to be in states told me to immediately send all the necessary documents and photo as quick as possible since she thought its a 'first received first served' basis. so i sent the docs on the 10th of May...i used to check my email everyday lyk 5 times...hoping and expecting some kind of notification from the KCC about my interview...how wrong i was...it was while browsing for intel that i came across this site...IT WAS VERY HELPFUL EVEN THOUGH I WAS DISAPPOINTED but thats reality...my cN is 2013AF51XXX.............Thanks guys...

It s strange indeed that u say u hv a high CN(51xxx),what would u say if u had mine or worse,105628,the last person to be selected:mad:

u could say its a blessing in disguise coz atleast the many people infront of u on the visa queue will provide a wealth of experience & thus avoid their mistakes:D

Cheers.

Kenyan passport

I had applied for my passport in 2008 march then last week i saw the new look passport..my concern is will the US embassy accept my "old" passport or i have to apply for the new one, my passport expires in 2018, i would appreciate you response so that i can get ready to apply for another passport before my number becomes current....

When u login into the forum,on the top right of ur window is a Settings tab..next to log out;click on it.

this action will switch u to ur user page whwereby on the left pane ,there will be edit signature..click on it,enter ur data & ur done.

Cheers.

thx obeezyb...I found it under inbox...cheers

It s strange indeed that u say u hv a high CN(51xxx),what would u say if u had mine or worse,105628,the last person to be selected:mad:

u could say its a blessing in disguise coz atleast the many people infront of u on the visa queue will provide a wealth of experience & thus avoid their mistakes:D

Cheers.

bro I neva realised there was a high cN coz I thought the cNs were arranged in a sequential manner n there were like 52000 persons from Africa so I thought I was amongst the last people. anyway I realized I was wrong afta I saw cN 70xxx. I now knw it was a baseless assumption....no offence..

bro I neva realised there was a high cN coz I thought the cNs were arranged in a sequential manner n there were like 52000 persons from Africa so I thought I was amongst the last people. anyway I realized I was wrong afta I saw cN 70xxx. I now knw it was a baseless assumption....no offence..

No offence taken,actually,the CN is based on ur application date as u can see,I did apply on the 2nd last day_4/11/2011_thus my high CN.

U could also take comfort that nowadays visa numbers don't get used up by Sept,not to mention fewer people pursuing their visa opportunity.In addition,visa applicants failing interviews among other issues do make everyone's possibility to secure an interview pretty high.

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by ksjlar: 3:20pm On Jul 10

lateefdauda: Helo guys ls I need ur advice.I was among the selectees.I checked d result  may 1 2012.but ve nt yet send d document.guys pls hope it nt too late to send. Am about to start with d processing also I will I send it to kcc.is it tru email or by post.guys I need ur urgent advises

You can either do it by email or post.
You have three options to do it. First, your can print out the forms and fill in your details with a pen.
The second option is to open the form on a computer and fill it directly in the computer then later print it out if you finish filling form completely. Google chrome browser works well for me.
The last option I see here is to sent the form by email. This needs you to be a little computer savvy. With this option you fill the forms on the internet as stated in option two. If you finish filling the forms, you will then save it in a pdf format (If you do not know what pdf is, then please do not use this format). "Nitro pdf pro" works for me (you can Google to download it). You will then write your case number at the top right hand of each page and then save it again.

In all three options you need to keep an extra copy of your forms for future reference since it will come in handy when preparing for your interview. When sending the forms via email,you need to attach your pictures to the attachments you are going to send to kcc. The size of the picture is the same as the size used in the DV lottery. Ps. do not use the same pictures as you used to play the DV lottery since it is more that 6 months old. Hmm this is a lot of details but like I said do not use option three if you are not computer savvy.I personally called kcc and verified if they accept email forms and they said YES so don't ask me if you are wondering

I did come across this on Nairaland,has anyone tried option 3?It did cross my mind @ one time.It would save me some 3k:cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
I need ur advice

I apply for B1/B2 VISA in 2009 and I make my marital status MARRIED ( which is false) and I was refuse the visa twice in the same year.
2013 i was selected for DV2013 and my marital status was never MARRIED (true).

Im asking since they took my fingerprint in my previous application, they were having my personal document.
So can dis affect my chances of getting DV2013 VISA.And has any body encounter such problem.

PLEASE HELP ME

Thankd to God for helping me win and conglatulations to all winners

thanks to Papasan for bringing my attention to this forrum,iam case number 4*** and my queries are the following,
i wrote my DOB as 1986 instead of 1987 and wrote an email to KCC pointing out the mistakes and even attached a scanned copy of my birth cert and high school leaving cert-they replied saying that the info will be includded in my case file for review
my wife and i did something pretty dump too(Birds of same feather...?!!)we wrote her maiden name as mrs munene instead of her name before she got married.
then we had never realy married formery but nw we have gone to the AGs office and married officiary,we had writen a random date of marriage in the form we sent to the kcc and so in our legal marriage cert it hsa been writen marriaed before under customary law,i hope thet know there are no paperworks in customary marriage so they wont ask us to verufy the writen date,..
finally,my surnames doesnt appear in my dads death cert or even my birth cert(be careful what u do with ua names or else ua kids will come to suffer one time,,,,,but my dads names on the death and my birth cert are the same....do uthink they will grill me over that?

thanks to Papasan for bringing my attention to this forrum,iam case number 4*** and my queries are the following,
i wrote my DOB as 1986 instead of 1987 and wrote an email to KCC pointing out the mistakes and even attached a scanned copy of my birth cert and high school leaving cert-they replied saying that the info will be includded in my case file for review
my wife and i did something pretty dump too(Birds of same feather...?!!)we wrote her maiden name as mrs munene instead of her name before she got married.
then we had never realy married formery but nw we have gone to the AGs office and married officiary,we had writen a random date of marriage in the form we sent to the kcc and so in our legal marriage cert it hsa been writen marriaed before under customary law,i hope thet know there are no paperworks in customary marriage so they wont ask us to verufy the writen date,..
finally,my surnames doesnt appear in my dads death cert or even my birth cert(be careful what u do with ua names or else ua kids will come to suffer one time,,,,,but my dads names on the death and my birth cert are the same....do uthink they will grill me over that?

Welcome Nesh to this forum am pretty sure that most of your questions will be answered..there are experts here :) ..i also have a similar problem where my surname is not indicated on my birth certificate and i was thinking of two options 1 is to get an affidavit and the 2ns option is i go to the registrar of birth and probably do some ammendments.. I am pretty sure the 2nd option isn't as easy, but i hope to hear from other guyz in this forum....@ NESH please update ur signature you can read through the forum on how to go about it

I apply for B1/B2 VISA in 2009 and I make my marital status MARRIED ( which is false) and I was refuse the visa twice in the same year.
2013 i was selected for DV2013 and my marital status was never MARRIED (true).

Im asking since they took my fingerprint in my previous application, they were having my personal document.
So can dis affect my chances of getting DV2013 VISA.And has any body encounter such problem.

PLEASE HELP ME

If u declared in 2k9 that u were married,I assume u furnished the embassy with ur wife's details which they should have on record thus boosting the likelihood of being busted @ the embassy since they r the gatekeepers & they do have ur details.

All in all,no guts,no glory.If ur up to it,proceed with the application & pray;who knows(only God),perhaps its ur time.

@Nesh422;welcome to the forum;()

As to the DoB & name inconsistencies,the CO has final say as to ur case since KCC just forwards whatever's sent to them.

Customary procedures normally do not have paperwork but to boost ur case,u should have pictures of the 2 of you together ever since you met(believe me,I've been gathering mine).

About ur surname,what does ur father's Id indicate?If it does have ur surname,get a certified copy of it & carry it just in case.

When did u mail ur DS230/DSP-122 forms coz given ur CN,ur interview will probably be in October & thus u need to make haste in ur preparations.

I'm really looking forward to ur interview experience since we're in the same boat (married:)).

Cheers.

papasan and Obeezyb

For the birth cert,i have two,one of them has my surname,ie the dad of my name...but unfortunatelythats not the name on his death cert,secondly,obeezyb,when a person dies,their ID becomes un-operational and is replaced by the death cert so its all i can use..i went for the second birth cert as i couldnt trace my other one and so they used the name on the death cert to write dads name,only to find the other one which had my surname..the one i scanned and emailed to kcc is the one without the surname...advise me on that n also i sent ma forms on May 10th

For the birth cert,i have two,one of them has my surname,ie the dad of my name...but unfortunatelythats not the name on his death cert,secondly,obeezyb,when a person dies,their ID becomes un-operational and is replaced by the death cert so its all i can use..i went for the second birth cert as i couldnt trace my other one and so they used the name on the death cert to write dads name,only to find the other one which had my surname..the one i scanned and emailed to kcc is the one without the surname...advise me on that n also i sent ma forms on May 10th

Ideally,the ID should form the basis of his death cert since that was the document he used to run his affairs.Its absence(ID) will then warrant any other source of documentation.eg school certs,baptismal records,children's birth cert & the like.

What did u enter as ur family name/father's family name on the DS-230?;ur surname should be ur family name.

My case is similar since my dad's names differ in their appearance on my birth cert & his ID(His death cert names are based on his ID names & not on his names on my birth cert ).The reason I'm not worried is that its my birth cert that they'll be interested in,not my dad's ID/death cert.

I would advise u to be very sure of what u send to KCC since all info is forwarded to the embassy where I hope any of the documented info doesn't work against u.

Bottomline is ,if asked,u will need to prove that all names used belong to you since the interview will be about you thus u need to cover ur bases early.

possible questions for those married........

Questions asked at the marriage green card interview:
Name and address.
Name and Date of Birth of Spouse.
When and where did you meet your spouse?
Describe this 1st meeting.
Did you make arrangements to meet again?
Did you exchange phone numbers?
When did you meet next?
Where were you living at the time? Where was your spouse living?
When did you decide to get married? Where were you at the time?
Did you live together before marriage?
When and where did you get married? How did you and your spouse get to the church, courthouse, etc.?
Who were the witnesses to the ceremony?
Did you exchange wedding rings?
Where had you purchased these rings? Did you and your spouse purchase them together?
Did you have a reception after the ceremony?
Where was it held?
Do you have any photos of the ceremony and /or reception?
Describe the reception.
Did any of your, and your spouse's, family members attend? If so, who?
Did you go on a honeymoon? If so, when and where?
If you did not have a reception, what did you do after the wedding ceremony?
Where did you live after the wedding?
Describe the place where you lived right after the marriage. Number of bedrooms and bathrooms; furnishings; color of walls, floor coverings, appliances, etc; type of air conditioning, heating, etc; # of telephones, televisions, etc. Do you have cable television?
Where did you get the furniture? Was it already there, did you buy it, was it a gift, or did it come from your, or your spouse's, previous residence?
If brought to the house or apartment, describe how it was transported.
Describe your bedroom. Where do you keep your clothes? Where does your spouse keep his or her clothes? Where are the bathroom towels kept? Where do you keep the dirty clothes?
Where is the garbage kept in the kitchen?
On what day of the week is the garbage picked up?
Where do you shop for groceries? Do you go together with your spouse? How do you get there?
Where do you work? What days of the week do you work?
What hours do you work? What is your salary?
What is your telephone # at work?
When was the last vacation you had from work?
Did you and your spouse go anywhere together at that time?
When was the last vacation you and your spouse took together?
Where did you go? How did you get there? Describe it.
Where does your spouse work? What days of the week? What hours? What is the salary, if you know?
What is your spouse's telephone # at work?
When was the last time your spouse got a vacation from work?
Do you or your wife have any scars or tattoos? If so, where on the body?
Do you know your spouse's family members? If so, which ones? If your spouse has children from a previous marriage, their names, ages, where they live, and where they go to school, if applicable.
Where do you live now? (If different from where you lived right after the marriage, then go over the same questions as above). How much is the rent? When is it paid? How do you pay it?
Do you have a bank account together? Where? What kind of account? (Checking, savings).
Are both of you listed on the account? (Do you have a bank letter, cancelled checks, etc.?)
Did you file a joint tax return this year? Do you have a copy with you?
Do you own any property together? What property? Did you bring copies of the documents with you?
What kind of automobile do you and your spouse have? Describe them.
Do you have an insurance policy listing your spouse as the beneficiary? If so, do you have a copy?
Have you taken any trips or vacations together? Do you have photos from these trips?
Do you have any utility bills, or receipts from items you have purchased together?
What other documentation do you have to show that you are living together as husband and wife?
Do you have any pets? What kind, what are their names, and describe them?
What did you do for Christmas, New Year's, your anniversary, or you or your spouse's last birthday? Did you exchange gifts? If so, what kind of gift?
Did you or your spouse go to work yesterday? If so, at what time did you and/or your spouse leave the house and return?
Who cooks the meals at the house?
What is your spouse's favorite food? What is your favorite food?
Does your spouse drink coffee? If so, does he or she use cream and/or sugar?
Did you eat dinner together last night? Did anyone else have dinner with you? What did you have?
What time was dinner served? Who cooked it?
Did you watch TV after dinner? What shows did you watch?
At what time did you go to bed? Who went to bed first?
Did you have the air conditioning or heater on?
Who woke up first this morning? Did an alarm clock go off?
Did you or your spouse take a shower?
Did you come to the interview together? Who drove?
Did you have breakfast? Where and what did you eat?
Basically, they are questions asked of you and your spouse and differences in answers will send up a red flag that will get the illegal deported and you persecuted.