• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV-2012: Grounds for Visa Refusal/denial

is it? i'm pretty sure they request proves that you have enough resources and their guide line is 125% of the poverty line. Or, you might need an affidavit of support. one of them should work.

There is an unwritten rule that you need about $10,000, I know ppl who had less. Depends also if you maybe already have a job at time of your interview.

well, did they had an affidavit of support? that might explain it.
Usually, they either request enough financials or affidavit. one should be enough, no affidavit - 125% of poverty guide line.
I'm not trying to argue, i'm just saying what i know.

Hi All,

Looks like I have a few amendments to make in the form. Should I email KCC and inform them about the amendments? Currently the forms are still in transit and expect to reach KCC around next week.

:(

what are the amendments? they might not be important or might be very important. if they are important, they usually advice to submit another 230 form and an explanation letter along with it. did you try to email them and ask?

hello all,

i just wanted to double check since i am not sure. I have a close friend and his wife who are going to write a letter or fill out a form whatever it requires which will tell that they will support us finacially and that we are allowed to stay at their house as long as we want. Also they sell foods at farmers market etc so they will also put on the letter that if needed they also can provide work for us. Summary if they make a letter that there are financially the backup for us will that be OK even we have not much founds?

Nope not true...they can ask for it at any time and they asked my friend and even asked more questions....It is part of the GC process to have the required proof of funds if asked...nothing to do with I-134. Specially in todays economy they will ask it.

Btw add: denial for not speaking English good enough if you need to apply for a occupational license and need to pass an exam in the USA to obtain a similar job as you had in your native country. Years ago a person on this forum was denied a GC for this reason. Without passing the exam he could not obtain the license and he hardly spoke one word of English.

Nope not true...they can ask for it at any time and they asked my friend and even asked more questions....It is part of the GC process to have the required proof of funds if asked...nothing to do with I-134. Specially in todays economy they will ask it.

Yes, I'd be surprised if they weren't more stringent about proof of funds these days. It would probably depend on a number of factors. They'd likely put more emphasis on you having the proof of funds or support if you were a family with kids versus if you were single, or if you intended to move to an area with a higher cost of living or tougher job market. And if you were younger, you'd probably have an easier time than older applicants.

I suppose their attitude also might be that if you run out of money and can't make a go of it, you can go home.

what are the amendments? they might not be important or might be very important. if they are important, they usually advice to submit another 230 form and an explanation letter along with it. did you try to email them and ask?

My forms have not reached to KCC currently as they are still on the way from Asia. Therefore, I have not emailed them to ask about it.

I would like to make changs to these questions;

1.Chargeability Country
2.Questions regarding Petitioner as I have put "N/A" in those fields.

The petitioner is yourself. Chargeability is the country you claimed/entered the DV under (usually your country of birth, but not always); and must be a valid US DV eligible country.

Hi All,

For the benefit everyone, I called KCC today and ask them if I could change the details on the form via email. They said "OK" and I have made changes those questions which I think they need to be amended. I believe you could do the same too if you have any changes.

I am not sure if I will get the second NL though since I needed to change the State of CHARGEABILITY to the country where I was born. Well, I can only leave that to GOD and fate.

Wish you guys all the best with your process as well. In the mean time, I will try to gather the rest of the documents in case I get the second NL.

Cheers!

Please find following a listing of things that will result in DV refusal/denial for the principal applicant/derivatives:

-Failure to include spouse and children on E-DV online application
-Ineligible country
-fraudulent documentation
-Criminal Record
-Contagious diseases (e.g. TB)
-Fictitious Marriage (also known as Green Card marriage
-lacks minimum education (High School Diploma) or qualifying work experience (refer to Labor O*Net Online Database)
-No Sponsor in the USA/Affidavit of Support (if applicable)
-Not enough proof of funds (see poverty guideline)
-If you have an ugly face (mentioned on another forum)

Feel free to add to the list if necessary.

If i don't have any of this reasons just corrections in my Forms that's mean the immigration officer can't refuse my Case?

If i don't have any of this reasons just corrections in my Forms that's mean the immigration officer can't refuse my Case?

No one can tell you with certainty if the CO will deny your application or not, there's still the background check to contend with. Not withstanding, just be ensure you meet the qualification requirements, attend the interview with all your required documents and hope for the best.

I think it all depends on the CO, i know some one who applied as a single while he was married with a child, but he included the wife and child on KCC's forms, went to interview without any means of funds proof, they had a two minutes interview (chat) and got their visas approved immediately.

I think it all depends on the CO, i know some one who applied as a single while he was married with a child, but he included the wife and child on KCC's forms, went to interview without any means of funds proof, they had a two minutes interview (chat) and got their visas approved immediately.

Without having additional details such as the documents the person referenced in the above post used, the applicable DV year, etc, except for what is posted here, I find this claim highly unbelievable! Such a case would have been red-flagged by KCC when the applicant's file gets sent to the embassy, and the CO would/could not have approved such a case!! Not unless the person used fake documents showing the wife and child were acquired after his eDV application.

Agree with sm1smom. The field officer's manual is very clear that such a circumstance means disqualification. Either you were told a false story or he presented false documents.

Incidentally if such a case were approved, if USCIS ever figure it out - whatever happened - they can still strip him of his green card. There is proviso that if they discover false info etc on the application they can do that, and I believe this applies even if they have become citizens.